here is my first cue, i still have it but i use it as a prop for my shots

Attachments

• $(KGrHqR,!lQE3HG8S)H4BO!-bH8fUg~~0_3.JPG
    $(KGrHqR,!lQE3HG8S)H4BO!-bH8fUg~~0_3.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 256

Hustler84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My first cue that I actually ever owned was a Stealth cue that I got in 2000. For a 125$ cue, it hit pretty good. I won plenty of tourneys and money with it. Kinda wish I still had it now! Just as a memento from what I used to play with to what I shoot with now. But as time goes, so do cues. lol. :thumbup:

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My very first cue was a Kmart 'Willie Mosconi' special. I probably paid $20 for in 1985 (case included). I was 13 and thought I was the sh*t! I soon found out I was playing with a piece of sh*t and soon went back to playing with house cues until I could afford a real stick 4 or 5 years later which was a Joss. :cool:

my first real cue was a mezz BC-N. my stupid ass sold it on here a while back. great cue!

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
A crappy balsa wood-like Asian import for about $20...it shattered a few weeks later (thank goodness)...bought a McDermott D9 in 1987, never looked back!

SirNoobs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A $50 Action cue with blood splatter graphics...I didn't like how it looked so I sold it to the next guy I could find.

headmuses

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
70's Dufferin with two shafts, one for snooker, and one for pool. Still have it today, bring it out once in a while for old times sake.

bad english

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My first pool cue was a HH Betty (think that’s how it’s spelled) pool cue that my dad gave to me that he played with for a long time. I have never heard of anyone having one nor can I find anything online about them. He bought it used in the 1980’s.

0ne9marine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
around 1965, a titlist one piece. in a stupid idiot rage i broke it on a table. had it made into a 2 piece. yrs. later the joint was messed up. threw it away before i found this site and realized cue makers can do wonders. regret it every day!

steveinflorida

Silver Member
A Brunswick Willie Hoppe when I was 15. Paid 19.50 for it. And it had the
ivory ring. Bought it at Southern Bowling and Billiards in Columbus, Ohio.
Gave it to a good friend when I got a Palmer about 4 years later.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
My first cue was Dufferin sneaky. $80 with a vinyl box case.
Man, I was pretty proud of the fact I had an actual 2 piece cue.
That got stolen in a house break in.
Next was a pawn shop Earl Strickland Cuetec.
Found another Earl Cuetec and a Scorpion with a 2x2 case from a pawn shop. All brand new for $120. Sold the first Cuetec for $60 so it was only $60 for my 2 cues and a case.

Then I found EBay cues and Dale Perry cues. Next was AZ, used and new customs
and it was all down hill after that. Know what I mean?

PS - Then it was a Deluxe lathe, tooling, wood etc, etc. Its a never ending spiral let me tells ya.

Last edited:

Antfarm

PRAGMATIC PONTIFICATOR
Silver Member
Plain black McDermott. Loved that cue but a crazy ex-girlfriend wanted it more than I did. Then I had a Meucci European that I got for free from a bar. Somebody had left it behind the counter for a couple of years. It was in good shape and the owner liked me. Then a nice Viking.... then all down hill. Now it's custom custom custom and I have a big desire to start making my own sometime in the near future.

Oh lord... what have I gotten myself into?

R,

Greg

IbeAnEngineer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mine was an Adams that I bought in 1984. Birds eye maple merry widow with a black nylon wrap and brass joint. Still own it. Not the best hitting cue that I have now but the birdseye used is still some of the nicest that I have ever seen.

schmizz

Mr. Nice Guy
Silver Member
Mine was an Adams that I bought in 1984. Birds eye maple merry widow with a black nylon wrap and brass joint. Still own it. Not the best hitting cue that I have now but the birdseye used is still some of the nicest that I have ever seen.

Adams makes some nice looking cues for the money. I won one in a tournament back in the day, still have it, in fact was shooting some balls with it today. I just cleaned it up to give to my niece as a starter cue, because she has taken an interest in the game.

dsoriano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$50 Mali I found at a pawn shop.

I'm very surprised (border line shocked) someones first cue could be a $1000 CUE like some of you have stated. WOW!!

Billyard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always played with house cues or someones elses.

The first cue that I paid money for was a Lucasi.

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
if i only new then what i new now

i probably should have kept it, an old brunswick trophy cue with decal. mint when i owned it, got suckered into trading it in for a dufferin two piece of junk. plus i threw in a hun.