I've been asserting if you take away the trick cue

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well speaking for myself I enjoyed the finals between Shane and Earl more than any match I can remember in a long time and a big reason was the safety battles.

I know jump cues aren't going to be banned because once the game has been dumbed down you can't go back but it was fun to watch those two great players in a classic match.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well speaking for myself I enjoyed the finals between Shane and Earl more than any match I can remember in a long time and a big reason was the safety battles.

I know jump cues aren't going to be banned because once the game has been dumbed down you can't go back but it was fun to watch those two great players in a classic match.

Dumbed down? Yep, that's exactly what's happened.

It's the same with our public schools. Kids don't do homework, read or know how to do even basic research on the simplest topics.

Dumbed down is very common in the US, unfortunately pool is just one of the examples of "dumbed down".

Dumbed down is one of the biggest resons why 14.1 isn't popular just like AR isn't for the same reasons.

People here want it "now" and they don't want to have to pay for it either.

I wouldn't be suprised if kicking or banking is a foul in pool in general at some point.

Jeff

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While we are at it, let's do away with the forward pass in football, the intentional walk in baseball and the dunk in basketball.

Or, players could start adapting to the game as they do in other sports.

Yeah I’d like to see golfers go back to a 9 iron and a putter with wood shafts. That will make the game more challenging.

....I’ll be right back . Their are some kids on my lawn! I need to go yell at them!!

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just my opinion but if I had my way JUMPING in any form would
be a foul.
Lot's of shot are "Airborn".

Check out Stan Shuffet on youtube or just put a quarter on the table and shoot firm. Airborn and Jumping are part of the same family imo...

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think I ever remember seeing Efren use a jump cue. Though I guess if you kick as good as he did you don't need a jump cue.

I saw Efren try a jump cue at Hard Times.. someone handed him one
and he tried a jump... stuck his tongue out, laughed and handed it
right back.:thumbup:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Different game. Would you let golfers use an air cannon that you could dial in from 500-10 yards?

Are you saying we wouldn't see "changes at the end of the tournaments" if golfers were all forced to use a 9 iron?

You compare a jump cue to an air cannon? LOL!

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Are you saying we wouldn't see "changes at the end of the tournaments" if golfers were all forced to use a 9 iron?

You compare a jump cue to an air cannon? LOL!

And not just an air cannon, sir!

You can dial this air cannon in, from 500-10 yards! Just like them jump cues they use on the poolin' table!

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think jumping is as a big of a "problem" as you all seem to think it is. There has been a sh*t ton of pool to watch this summer. I have seen far, far more safety battles than jumps.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
I don't think jumping is as a big of a "problem" as you all seem to think it is. There has been a sh*t ton of pool to watch this summer. I have seen far, far more safety battles than jumps.

Yep, agreed.

An old commentary I heard on a match from 4-5 years ago said "more often than not, the first person to pick up the jump cue will lose the game"

He wasn't wrong too many times. Just saying....

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do away with these specialty jump cues and tournament outcomes would definitely be affected.
There’s been a lot of winners of tournaments that might not have prevailed without the cheat stick.
Make all Cues a minimum length resembling a actual pool cue instead of some Harry Potter like wand.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do away with these specialty jump cues and tournament outcomes would definitely be affected.
There’s been a lot of winners of tournaments that might not have prevailed without the cheat stick.
Make all Cues a minimum length resembling a actual pool cue instead of some Harry Potter like wand.

it was fun seeing Shane jump with his breaker...heck I believe Earl Broke, played, and jumped with the same cue!

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You could even make everybody play with a standardized cue. Every one identical.

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
For anyone with a revo or other CF shaft, does it jump well full cue?

I can't go back to my cynergy since I got this wb tip put on my 314, it's so damn sweet it makes the cynergy feel dead in comparison, even with the same tip, but I can't jump well with the 314 and I play a lot of 1p.

The need to jump doesn't come up very often but I got out of a sick break one day with a 1\3 ball jump with the cynergy and it can be a dangerous weapon. I'm willing to experiment to find that perfect combination.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep, agreed.

An old commentary I heard on a match from 4-5 years ago said "more often than not, the first person to pick up the jump cue will lose the game"

He wasn't wrong too many times. Just saying....
Even at the pro level it seems a jump is more likely a sell out than a "cheat". I love when my opponent pulls out a jump cue, usually means I'm getting back to the table.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could even make everybody play with a standardized cue. Every one identical.

Pure genius. Each tournament will have its own unique cue and no-one can practice with it. You show up they hand you a cue and say good luck. Absolutely "even" playing field.