Merry Xmas from John Schmidt - 232 ball run

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
For your viewing pleasure, one of the many 200+ ball runs from John that I have on my computer. Straight Pool the way it was meant to be played, 232 ball run in 50 minutes, that's 12.9 seconds per ball including racking. Enjoy...

https://vimeo.com/82525208

-Bill

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
For your viewing pleasure, one of the many 200+ ball runs from John that I have on my computer. Straight Pool the way it was meant to be played, 232 ball run in 50 minutes, that's 12.9 seconds per ball including racking. Enjoy...

-Bill

Yes, this is a good pace of play. In fact, the pace of play in 14.1 competition is getting slower and slower, so I hope some of the pros will check this out.

Happy holidays, Bill, and to John, too.

jackal

Banned
he opens with tom jones on the jukebox

the ball set used seems responsive, more than usual, i'd like to know what they are?
i'd also be interested to know which chalk he's using.
and cue tip?
john appears a clean shooter and has a well developed stroke, made a good show, thanks, enjoyed seeing that.

elvicash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the ball set used seems responsive, more than usual, i'd like to know what they are?
i'd also be interested to know which chalk he's using.
and cue tip?
john appears a clean shooter and has a well developed stroke, made a good show, thanks, enjoyed seeing that.

He uses a John Schmidt stroke it upgrades whatever ,shaft,tip and chalk combo he is using. I am pretty sure he uses the chalk on the table usually Master.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the 10:00 min mark, why did he go forward on this break shot? I thought the textbook way on this angle was draw with less force, to the center of the table?

Screen Shot 2013-12-22 at 11.24.06 PM.jpg

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
On the 10:00 min mark, why did he go forward on this break shot? I thought the textbook way on this angle was draw with less force, to the center of the table?

View attachment 309830

It has more to do with which part of the ball in the rack that the cue ball is going to contact. Example: If you draw and the cue ball hits the lower portion of the ball in the rack then the cue ball will not draw to the center of the table it will go forward even with draw and could even scratch in the same corner pocket.

markgw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

-Bill

Thanks Marop for posting this great run. Anyone that plays this game knows how hard it is to do what John just displayed...He makes it look so easy, and even when he looks like he's in trouble, he uses incredible cueball control to get out of it. I can't believe his quick pace.

That one rack when he drew off the keyball three rails and got perfect on the breakball, was really cool!! I ran 46 balls today and the time of the run was 22 minutes 40 seconds. He was shooting the breakball at 112 at 21m;18s!! What a player. I was sorry the way it ended, the way he was playing......Thanks Bill and John for sharing this run with us:)...

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Did anyone notice whether or not John ever sweated? just curious whether he can run 232 without breaking a sweat.

LightsOut

Jason
Silver Member
Amazing skill and pace. He makes it look effortless, really easy!

I can't believe he ever missed and it appears that he is as devastated to miss on that number as I feel when I miss a break ball at 28 or 42...

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Many thanks! Looking forward to watching John work through the racks! It's always a treat to watch such a great player.
Stan Shuffett

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did anyone notice whether or not John ever sweated? just curious whether he can run 232 without breaking a sweat.

he certainly sweated when the CB jarred in the side pocket and should have scratched! :grin-square:

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
he certainly sweated when the CB jarred in the side pocket and should have scratched! :grin-square:

It wouldn't of been so bad, later that night he ran 187 and followed it up with 366 the next day.

obe1

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
232 run

Thank you for the video ..

It is uncanny how simple he makes 14.1 look...Did I heard him humming while playing?

Looks a little like John knows where Baja Fresh is located too...

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John,

I love that you don't use fast cloth, instead I'm guessing Simonis 860 or Champion Tour Edition?

I'd also like to know what table you're playing on. Slightly curved sides and ends.

Kudos for a great run, hammer home the importance of staying off the rails.