So, how much did he lose ?

jimstone

Registered
John, It is refreshing to see you are apologetic, and admit being humbled by this event. I salute your courage, sir! I wish I could see the match. You know, I think millions could be made if this event were made into a Netflix Documentary. Jeremy Jones could be a commentator!

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member
So, I'm guessing we're not going to get to see the video then; it would have been interesting to watch.

As for the rest of it, I think Plato said it best: "Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
John, It is refreshing to see you are apologetic, and admit being humbled by this event. I salute your courage, sir! I wish I could see the match. You know, I think millions could be made if this event were made into a Netflix Documentary. Jeremy Jones could be a commentator!

There's Tiger King.
Maybe they'd do a Case King.:grin:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's kinda like Batman and The Joker. They kind of complete each other... :p
(Not gonna try and get into who gets to be Batman)

lol.

At least that’s better than a Jerry Maguire, “You complete me” comparison.

Lou Figueroa

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
So, I'm guessing we're not going to get to see the video then; it would have been interesting to watch.

As for the rest of it, I think Plato said it best: "Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."

I don't know about you guys, but I would donate $20 to watch it. I've never seen anybody go off like that. It's like watching a financial snuff movie.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know about you guys, but I would donate $20 to watch it. I've never seen anybody go off like that. It's like watching a financial snuff movie.

Why? If there are side bets going on you're not going to see or be able to hear them. After 10 minutes of mediocre pool, which it sounds like this was, the interest will be gone.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Why? If there are side bets going on you're not going to see or be able to hear them. After 10 minutes of mediocre pool, which it sounds like this was, the interest will be gone.

OK how about $9.95 then, narration of the bets and 10% off your next case?

Ghosst

Broom Handle Mafia
Silver Member

It depends on what you're watching the video for. Let's say for example it's the Mosconi Cup: I'm not watching that to chant for one side or the other; I'm interested to see position routes, stances, kicking and banks, when one shot is chosen over another.

I would like to see John play, his demeanor, his pivot (assuming he's doing that), the room, atmosphere, etc. The games themselves have a value in many aspects that I would be interested in.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No way! That is a great case. Yep, I'm getting one too. I told him to put it on your tab since you didn't want your free one. Don't worry, I'm good for it. :wink:

If you want it I’ll buy it for you. You just have to let him engrave “With Love, Matt_24. I still have my Ben Hogan book!

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
If you want it I’ll buy it for you. You just have to let him engrave “With Love, Matt_24. I still have my Ben Hogan book!
This one?...I bet it didn't affect you as much as it did me.

It's a mirror, I don't have him playing lefty.
951c0088164b513e4b2c951df51c7d61.jpg
d75050564add0fc4a0e0c70657e5e836.jpg

Sent from the future.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

I could set it up for selected viewers. Just pm me on Facebook.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
This one?...I bet it didn't affect you as much as it did me.

It's a mirror, I don't have him playing lefty.
951c0088164b513e4b2c951df51c7d61.jpg
d75050564add0fc4a0e0c70657e5e836.jpg

Sent from the future.

That is really cool. So you're a golfer?

I sent Matt a biography - forgot all about it until he reminded me. I also am a huge fan of Ben Hogan, not just as a golfer, but as a man. His inner strength and determination is so inspiring. To be able to come back as a champion from an accident that would have crippled or killed anybody else. Then to be a great businessman after that. His story is truly amazing.

I am a golfer, not too bad at it but not like pool. I live on a golf course and just enjoy the game, bet with my buddies on all the majors. I won the bets on all 4 majors last year plus the Fed Ex Championship, drove them crazy.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
That is really cool. So you're a golfer?

I sent Matt a biography - forgot all about it until he reminded me. I also am a huge fan of Ben Hogan, not just as a golfer, but as a man. His inner strength and determination is so inspiring. To be able to come back as a champion from an accident that would have crippled or killed anybody else. Then to be a great businessman after that. His story is truly amazing.

I am a golfer, not too bad at it but not like pool. I live on a golf course and just enjoy the game, bet with my buddies on all the majors. I won the bets on all 4 majors last year plus the Fed Ex Championship, drove them crazy.
I am, I don't play nearly as much as I used to but love the game. Most people host or go to Superbowl parties, I host a Masters Final Round Party annually. This year will be the first time it's in the fall though. It actually worked out since the original date this year was Easter Sunday and apparently some have a conflict that day.

People should thank us for taking this off topic...sorry JB.

Sent from the future.

Last edited:

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
Our shop supports and is run by my extended family in China. Also it is still the most economical way for us to able able to pour lots of shop hours into each case and still be profitable at relatively low cost to consumers. But having just purchased a larger facility in okc i do plan to start trying to make some cases in OKC. They will probably be partially made in China and completed here and i plan to see what options there are to trap into local development funds so as to have some extra resources to fund the training of my staff.

Always remember that the people on the ground are fundamentally the same all over the Earth. Punishing them for what their governments do only gives more ammunition for those governments to work their people into a cycle of hatred, revenge and war.

Respect for responding. If you do have a made in USA case, I would be a buyer, even at twice the cost, as I do really like your case designs even though you are bat shit crazy.

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just wanted to provide a quick update. John has stepped up and it appears my case is almost done. When I receive it in my hot little hands we will celebrate this closed "case" (no pun intended) and I can share pics of, what I knew would be, an incredible case.