CJ Wiley presents Mental Game Secrets to Getting in the ZONE

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello, everyone, it's been awhile since I've been on AZBilliards, hope everyone is doing well in these challenging times.

I am doing a series on the Mental Game of pocketbilliards and would like to share my thoughts, and suggestions with you, feel free to share them with your pool friends.

My goal is to give you insights to my mental game strategies so you can utilize them to reach your next level of development. I'll be available to answer any questions you may have, just keep them pool related and in the spirit of improving and evolving mental and/or physical skills.

The Game is the Teacher

CLICK BELOW FOR COMPLIMENTARY VIDEO:

https://youtu.be/xhnNZ7F8iGc

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I enjoyed the video and your thinly-veiled references to Shannon Daulton and Johnny Archer.

I look forward to your book "Zen and the Art of Driving."

HyperioN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CJ,

As always, great information! I will definitely be getting Zen and the Art of Archery. I could see some parallels between you and Dalton and Ralph Eckert and his mentor Mr. Kim. His book “The Final Freedom: Reflections of a Master Student” is fantastic with excellent lessons highlighted throughout the book. Hopefully the stories and lessons from your relationship with Dalton will be just as helpful! Your videos are awesome CJ and I look forward to more! Thank you for all that you do!

John

mjdoutdoors

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Other interesting books...

Thanks CJ,

Everything I have learned from you is real and effective. I am at the top of my game now because of the fundamentals you have thought me and the thought processes I have garnered from your teaching.

I have read "The Zen in the art of Archery" and I agree, a great book. Other 2 books that have changed my game and every other thing in my life are "The Inner Game Of Tennis" and the "Talent Code" The first teaches how to remain in a neutral mind set, no good or bad, just observation of your situation, no judgments. The second teaches the biological mechanisms behind behind greatness in performance and how it is achieved through practice. This book change everything in my life.

For those that want to bring your game the the next level and beyond I highly recommend CJ as a teacher. Go get some lessons from him. They are affordable and the best hours I have ever spent on improving my game. Unlike many pool teachers I have seen everything he teaches has been battle tested at the highest levels.

longhorns2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
will watch, thanks.

a book that helped me a lot with mental game was "Golf is not a Game of Perfect" by Bob Rotella.

Some of the things were so simple, but the way he explained them really made it stick

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Alex P also recommends THE MENTAL EDGE

Thanks CJ,

Everything I have learned from you is real and effective. I am at the top of my game now because of the fundamentals you have thought me and the thought processes I have garnered from your teaching.

I have read "The Zen in the art of Archery" and I agree, a great book. Other 2 books that have changed my game and every other thing in my life are "The Inner Game Of Tennis" and the "Talent Code" The first teaches how to remain in a neutral mind set, no good or bad, just observation of your situation, no judgments. The second teaches the biological mechanisms behind behind greatness in performance and how it is achieved through practice. This book change everything in my life.

For those that want to bring your game the the next level and beyond I highly recommend CJ as a teacher. Go get some lessons from him. They are affordable and the best hours I have ever spent on improving my game. Unlike many pool teachers I have seen everything he teaches has been battle tested at the highest levels.

Thanks, I appreciate you, and I believe Tim Galloway mentions Zen in the Art of Archery in the beginning of his book, I read it back when I was playing tournament tennis and you're right it's a terrific read.

Another book that Alex "The Lion" read to help him get in the winning mode is called THE MENTAL EDGE - I read that and if I was really serious about winning tournaments again I'd definitely utilize all the information and mental techniques it suggests.

Play Well my friend, the GAME is our Teacher:thumbup:

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifting the Veil to the Way of the Road Warrior

I enjoyed the video and your thinly-veiled references to Shannon Daulton and Johnny Archer.

I look forward to your book "Zen and the Art of Driving."

Shannon and I are good friends, however, in this video I was referring to Dalton Leong, the asian mentor I had in my teenage years.

Johnny Archer and I spent many nights staying up late in London talking pool when I was the Mosconi Cup Captain. He did give me some insight on something I'll share in the coming days, Johnny is certainly a warehouse of knowledge!

Glad you liked the video, this is just the tip of the iceberg, I'm getting ready to open the floodgates on new and highly effective techniques and secrets of the Road Players and tournament champions too.

Play Well

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Loved it! Preach on my driving zen master!

I've read Zen and the Art of Archery 3 times, couldn't agree with you more. Good food for thought.

I wish I could've recorded myself driving home from work while listening to your video. I would take quick glances off the road to look at my phone, and at the same time you would be taking glaces off the road to look at your phone. It was weird, almost like we were facetiming or skyping. Anyway, cool and interesting video. Thanks for sharing!

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
will watch, thanks.

a book that helped me a lot with mental game was "Golf is not a Game of Perfect" by Bob Rotella.

Some of the things were so simple, but the way he explained them really made it stick

Excellent book.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing! The opening of the floodgates should be truly captivating.

I wouldn't stop at those stop signs in the middle of nowhere either.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pocket Billiards is the Perfect Scientific Experiment - The Game is the Teacher

That is interesting, I've always been interested in the physics and geometry in pool, it's the perfect place to experiment, actually, to become an accomplished pool player you must be a scientist and be willing to do thousands of scientific experiments.

Pocket billiards is geometrically perfect with 2 squares making a rectangle, and all the shots create triangles.....the one thing players overlook is that the straight line of the cue and the perfect spherical balls enable the player to make any shot just by moving the tip relative to a relative part of the object ball.

I'll go over exactly how we do that in a future video, I have a 43 chapter Banking Secrets video on that subject that I learned before I played Amarillo Slim that big $30,000 session in Baton Rouge. Great memories and the way I learned the system is especially interesting, I paid $700 for an hour lesson to learn it with my friend Roger Griffis (we split the cost).

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Welcome back C.J. Please...visualize using your seatbelts. We'd like to keep you around a spell.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
On the Road Again

Loved it! Preach on my driving zen master!

I've read Zen and the Art of Archery 3 times, couldn't agree with you more. Good food for thought.

I wish I could've recorded myself driving home from work while listening to your video. I would take quick glances off the road to look at my phone, and at the same time you would be taking glaces off the road to look at your phone. It was weird, almost like we were facetiming or skyping. Anyway, cool and interesting video. Thanks for sharing!

Glad I enhanced your drive......let me know how you like the one I just posted about Aiming, I think you'll like it, unlike me wear your seatbelt.:thumbup: Just kidding, wearing a seatbelt is like eating a filet Mignon with.a balloon around your tongue.