How do you know if it's a Diamond?

cuekev

Thread killer
Silver Member
Don't jump on me for asking a stupid question but better safe than sorry. I am thinking of buying a used Diamond Pro. Is there any Diamond knock-offs out there? How do you know you have the real thing. I know the pockets are flush to the rail and sometimes they have the decal. Maybe I am being too careful but it is a big investment for me. Are they stamped underneath?
Thanks in advance,

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I_Need_D_8 said:
Well, I'm not sure how to determine a knock-off, but try this: Shoot a ball straight into one of the side pockets at a slight angle. If it doesn't go, it's a Diamond.

....lol you get a rep

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin...I've never seen nor heard of a Diamond knockoff. Greg Sullivan talked about 'knockoffs' at the factory tour last week in Louisville. They take a lot of pride in their tables, and I wouldn't worry about what you're looking at. BTW, it's not a decal...it's the logo inlaid into the head rail.
Good luck! How soon are you getting this table? I may be over in your area in a couple of weeks.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

cuekev

Thread killer
Silver Member
Nice to hear from you Scott! I'm going to look at it (them) tonight. My poolroom's not much. Just my garage. Currently heated with kerosene and not insulated very well but it is pretty big. It's a work in progress. I appreciate the info. It puts my mind at ease. Your welcome to stop by any time just give me a little advanced notice. You know cleanup time.

pip9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I_Need_D_8 said:
Well, I'm not sure how to determine a knock-off, but try this: Shoot a ball straight into one of the side pockets at a slight angle. If it doesn't go, it's a Diamond.
I pocket balls in my side pockets at pretty extreme angles and they still drop. I guess thats why you need the 8, eh :)

HardBall

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin,

I saw tables in a room in Minneapolis that looked like my Diamond Pro but there were no identifying marks on them anywhere. I did not crawl under one to check it out but I am very suspicious that they were knock-offs.

Rasta

-----------------------
Silver Member
pip9ball said:
I pocket balls in my side pockets at pretty extreme angles and they still drop.

I don't understand why so many consider Diamond side pockets to be tough. I've never had any problems with side pocket shots on Diamonds.

Good Rolls,
Rasta

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call Diamond and get the support beam sizes and widths. Most knock offs cut cost by using inferior parts IE in the structure and support areas under the table. Then you can compare. Or go to a diamond dealer and take some notes to find inconsistancies. Good Luck.