Mosconi Day 4 Matches in Progress Coverage

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
See it is 3-2 now in favor of Nikos and I've got the feed back.

Shane breaks rack 6 and it is dry. nikos must push and leaves a shot but it's tough and Shane wisely gives it back. nikos not up to it and Shane has a shot. hits it really well and the run out looks routine from here, but Shane has a shocking miss on the six.

Nikos misses shape on the seven and then misses shape on the eight. Shane is back in the rack and makes a nice shot and Shane must make a difficult nine and Overcuts it. nikos makes the nine.

Nikos 4 Shane 2

Nikos to break with the end of the Mosconi Cup on his cue.

skateboardkid

Registered
Shane should have played the 2 way bank on that 9 ball. That cut shot was too tough... Or even safe! Play safe!!!!

The Skateboard Kid - Astoria, NY

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The perfect analogy is the Alamo has been breached, Shane is Davey Crockett out of ammo and swinging his rifle as a club trying to fend off the inevitable.

9 ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Euuurrroopppe! This has been a mugging, see you in Vegas, turn the lights out when you leave America!

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Nikos breaks wet, making three balls. Looks like the Mosconi Cup is about to end. Nikos runs them out.

Nikos 5 Shane 2

Europe 11 USA 5

Congratulations to Team Europe. Well played.

skateboardkid

Registered
Shane lets USA down again. He plays terrible in this event... His win/loss ratio in this event is horrid. 9 straight losses to Daz ... Yeah I wouldn't match him against Daz again ever.

The Skateboard Kid - Astoria, NY

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These pockets are buckets. He overcut it by a ton to miss it.
He missed it to the pro side, and we need to consider that he had to play it with inside english to avoid the scratch. No easy shot, neither was the cut back bank. Tough shot to have to play, when the balls aren't running for you.

Edit: His contact on the 9-ball was about 0.25mm too thin, I wouldn't call that a ton on a fine cut with inside english.

Last edited: