Happy 50th Anniversary To Me

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know I am one of the luckiest men in the world to have a wife like I have. We met on a blind date set up be an old GF of mine. Chances are we never would have met as she was from the money side of the tracks and I was from the docks. I went back to her place after the blind date and never left. I know if I didn't marry her 50 years ago, I'd be long dead or serving life in jail. Johnnyt

PS:OH, and she never *****ed about me playing pool for days.

You are the luckiest man alive. You must have been a smooth talker back then too! :thumbup:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
As good as your wife is, marriage is still a two way street. 50 years of it says to me that there has been a lot of give and take in between. My wife and I are working on number 35 and I will tell anybody, it is like I won the lottery.
Congratulations again Johnny. :thumbup:
Tommy

You are right. Thank you. Johnnyt

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
Happy Anniversary Johnnyt.

Sounds like you made a wise choice 50 years ago.

Not sure if I can say the same for your wife though...

Just kidding!

Y'all have a great day! :thumbup:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Happy Anniversary Johnnyt.

Sounds like you made a wise choice 50 years ago.

Not sure if I can say the same for your wife though...

Just kidding!

Y'all have a great day! :thumbup:
You're right.She could have done a lot better. Johnnyt

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Congratulations on your 50th, big milestone. I too am a lucky man with my wife and marriage of 31 yrs.

Dave

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I know I am one of the luckiest men in the world to have a wife like I have. We met on a blind date set up be an old GF of mine.

Great story and congratulations! I'm sure the fact that she was blind had nothing to do with her choice to marry you!

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations to you both :)

In todays world relationships like yours are rare and not so many of us will ever be as lucky in love to see that 50th anniversary come up. Luckily for us your wife has kept you alive and well so we can enjoy reading your posts here on azbilliards :wink:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Congratulations to you both :)

In todays world relationships like yours are rare and not so many of us will ever be as lucky in love to see that 50th anniversary come up. Luckily for us your wife has kept you alive and well so we can enjoy reading your posts here on azbilliards :wink:

Thank you for the kind words, and yes, she is a huge part of keeping me alive. Johnnyt

Highmiles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations. A happy and long marriage is a wonderful accomplishment. You are very lucky people to have found each other.