Hey All Of You Az Lurkers - Here's Your Chance...

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
lately I have been running into guys who tell me they know who I am on az and when I ask their screen names they say I wouldn't recognize them because they don't post, or post very little.

I was a lurker for the first year or two after registering here then I started interacting.

So, I'm thinking it would be nice to get to hear from some of az's current lurkers.

If you've been mostly just reading here, here's your chance to slide the curtain to the side and say hello.

Maybe tell us something about yourself or get something off your chest if you'd like.

The floor is yours:

best,
brian kc

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, my name's Rich and my addiction is 9 ball. I first learned billiards and snooker while in college in England back in 1990.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I myself am a Reformed Lurker, and I can testify to the fact that my enjoyment of the sport, knowledge of the game and addiction to great tournament play has increased once I started interacting.

To all Lurkers, please chime in and give us your thoughts.

This place well only get more fantastic with the growing number of active posters.

Jump on in, folks. The water is warm!

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I myself am a Reformed Lurker, and I can testify to the fact that my enjoyment of the sport, knowledge of the game and addiction to great tournament play has increased once I started interacting.

To all Lurkers, please chime in and give us your thoughts.

This place well only get more fantastic with the growing number of active posters.

Jump on in, folks. The water is warm!

Agreed, I was also a lurker for quite a while before jumping in. I've gotten a ton of learning AND enjoyment from it.

God knows we could use some fresh blood, ideas and perspectives!

pipefitter25

Registered
Hello my name is Randy. Hello Randy. And im a lurker. I don't post much ,I just watch the drama unfold. I wish as a fan of the sport we could learn to support pool better than we all do.
In my opinion if we could join more of the tours, we could be a stronger pool nation. Make pool bigger

dougster26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I haven't been logging on since August. Had a stroke on speech. Just have a lot of trying to say things. Just wonder to say hello.

csuh

Registered
My name is Alex, I have been playing pool for a short amount of time, my dad has sparked an interest in the sport for me. We play every week and is a great bonding experience for us. Hopefully one day I can beat him! We both hope to go to the Shane v Dennis match and have a good time.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello my name is Randy. Hello Randy. And im a lurker. I don't post much ,I just watch the drama unfold. I wish as a fan of the sport we could learn to support pool better than we all do.
In my opinion if we could join more of the tours, we could be a stronger pool nation. Make pool bigger

Haha, I imagined all of us in a dimly lit auditorium, wooden chairs.
All in unison, we say "hello Randy, welcome"

Somewhere in the back is a table with a coffee pot brewing and Styrofoam cups stacked next to the powdered cream.

And you are correct, of the tour stops could fill up, that would be great for the sport domestically.

maplecap

Jack
Silver Member
Hello, Thanks for calling me out. I think I currently hold the title of the number one lurker. I've been playing pool for 50 years. Learned at Chris' Billiards on the northwest side of Chicago. Still live here, but I don't know why. Have four cues that I all bought new. Meucci Chess cue in around 1978, Schon S-1 bought in 1981, Burton Spain bought in 1992, and a Mariposa cue I got from Kyle VB about 6 years ago. Love them all. My current status: Broken down old man. Multiple hand surgeries, bad back, bad neck, but I still want to play again one day. Being a troll (lurker) is about all I have left. I don't say much, but I love to read through the posts every day. I can't really offer anything about low deflection cues, 8 or 9 ball, one pocket, etc. as all I ever played is 14.1 I've always loved pool, chess, the Cubs, kayaking, partying, and generally being happy. I give credit to a lot of posters for their sense of humor and great knowledge of the game and equipment etc. I also love to watch others play pool as it is easier then me playing, for now. Thanks for giving us trolls a chance to speak out. We're not all bad people. Hoping for a return to the game. HappyJack

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My name is Alex, I have been playing pool for a short amount of time, my dad has sparked an interest in the sport for me. We play every week and is a great bonding experience for us. Hopefully one day I can beat him! We both hope to go to the Shane v Dennis match and have a good time.

Alex, enjoy your time playing against your pops.

I have a 9 year old named Alex and we play every so often. We play 8 ball, and I give him some serious weight (handicap where he gets all the breaks, take 3 balls of his choice off the table, then ball in hand on every shot) he took me down 3-2 the other night and it was a great memory of mine.

Your father treasures the moments he plays you more than you know. That's the beauty of this sport...it's generational.

The Shane v Dennis match will be spectacular for sure.

csuh

Registered
Alex, enjoy your time playing against your pops.

I have a 9 year old named Alex and we play every so often. We play 8 ball, and I give him some serious weight (handicap where he gets all the breaks, take 3 balls of his choice off the table, then ball in hand on every shot) he took me down 3-2 the other night and it was a great memory of mine.

Your father treasures the moments he plays you more than you know. That's the beauty of this sport...it's generational.

The Shane v Dennis match will be spectacular for sure.

I cherish the time we have together as i'm sure you do with your son. After I grew up and got out of little league sports we didn't have much we could do together but we finally have found something we both love.
Someday soon when I have children I will show them the sport I love and how it helped me bond with my father and hopefully it will continue from there.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Hello, Thanks for calling me out. I think I currently hold the title of the number one lurker. I've been playing pool for 50 years. Learned at Chris' Billiards on the northwest side of Chicago. Still live here, but I don't know why. Have four cues that I all bought new. Meucci Chess cue in around 1978, Schon S-1 bought in 1981, Burton Spain bought in 1992, and a Mariposa cue I got from Kyle VB about 6 years ago. Love them all. My current status: Broken down old man. Multiple hand surgeries, bad back, bad neck, but I still want to play again one day. Being a troll (lurker) is about all I have left. I don't say much, but I love to read through the posts every day. I can't really offer anything about low deflection cues, 8 or 9 ball, one pocket, etc. as all I ever played is 14.1 I've always loved pool, chess, the Cubs, kayaking, partying, and generally being happy. I give credit to a lot of posters for their sense of humor and great knowledge of the game and equipment etc. I also love to watch others play pool as it is easier then me playing, for now. Thanks for giving us trolls a chance to speak out. We're not all bad people. Hoping for a return to the game. HappyJack

Jack;

You, sir, are no troll, not by a long shot.

You *are*, however, a top-notch lurker.

Thank you for popping on to say hello and please do post more often.

best,
brian kc

hillhill

European Pool Player
I rarely post here, because the first forum section that I read was the Aiming section :D
Pro players aren't welcome here as I see......

I'll continue to read all interesting things on this site, but I won't participate in any discussions. Sometimes I can find true gems here, and sometimes I can go through endless discussions and debates between guys who can't run 3 balls.......

English is not my first language, so sorry for my errors:wink:

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Lurked for a quite awhile, was encouraged to post more by PT109, been trying, rough crowd.

RichSchultz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As soon as a lurker expresses an opiniom on the APA, The Hustlers show, or aiming systems, this forum does a thorough job of shutting them down and scaring them off.

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
I lurk here a lot but don't post much. 58 years old so been playing around 45 years. Always lived in a small rural town and considered pretty good around here but probably couldn't hold a candle for most of you guys. I had never heard of any " aiming system" in my life until I got on here, so I've had a lot of fun ( and frustration ) playing around with them. Keep going back to playing by feel though. Guess that's just how I learned and what I'm most comfortable with.