Steve Lipsky PERFECT 85 from SBE 14.1 Challenge

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
Well this is highly embarrassing, lol. I would suggest NOT doing that with your arm hahaha.

;)

- Steve

Steve,
Very nice run, very nice video. I wonder how many other people noticed you ran almost all of those balls opposite handed (though that was really disrespectful to your opponent). Imagine how well you will play when you learn to shoot right handed and drop your elbow like the guys in the bar league:smile:. As I noticed the very first time I saw you play; you have unbelieveably good form, feel, and mechanics - definitely the kind of player that up and comers should be imitating.

Incidentally, on one of Jim Rempe's straight pool player review tapes he almost gets bitten by those 2 balls lined up at the side pocket. He said early in the rack that he recognized that they are usually a problem; but thought he could "get them later"; and of course later on it was VERY difficult, and he felt silly that it almost cost him the match.

I suspect they are often ignored as they seem like they should be "easy balls" close to the side pocket; but since they only go into the corner pockets from most places; they are misleading. I don't think it's a bad idea to recognize those "twins" and deal with them as early as possible when they occur - thanks for bringing it up.

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... when you hammered those break shots, you tended to turn your cue into the rack. is this an unconscious quirk or something designed?...

Whether intentional or not, it looks like a swooping form of back-hand english. Steve did it on his final break shot as well.

gascoigne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
can anyone enlightened me how the run is 85? I thought he ran 5 racks? Isn't that 75? Sorry...I just picked up the game this week...pardon me if I sound like a noob

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
can anyone enlightened me how the run is 85? I thought he ran 5 racks? Isn't that 75? Sorry...I just picked up the game this week...pardon me if I sound like a noob

The run was six racks plus 1 ball. 6 X 14 = 84 +1 = 85

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Were you playing Bob Maidoff?

Your second shot on the 6 ball was mega strong considering it looks like Bob would have stepped up to run 85 or more on you if you would have jawed it on the diamond.

Man, you play well. Good job.

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
I finally got a chance to watch this run, and man i gotta say, they should call you Silky Steve. Very impressive, I honestly thought you were going to run out the match. There were you few racks you played in that run that were similar to some racks I have messed up before. You showed a better way to get through those patterns.