Best Hitting Cues Survey - Please Reply

SoniDJ

what's in your wallet
Silver Member
F. Southwest (one sweet ride I tried)
Gilbert (current player)
John Davis full spliced (stiff solid cue, don't need a jump cue with this player)
I would like to try a few of the others mentioned.
Kershenbrock, Bender, Harris, Tucker etc.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In no particular order.....

In no particular order.....

1. One particular House cue.
2. Plain Jane Paul Huebler.
3. Brazilian Rosewood Joe Baker
4. Predator QR2

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Never say " dead thread" until the coroner's report is in.

Eric >son of dead thread?

Last edited:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best hitting cue

A Tad I bought in 1974.
Every other cue I played with felt like a broom compared to that cue.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Hmmm

I'm partial to Spain. I just have not found anything better yet? I'm having my Davis blank made into a cue soon, and I'm having the shaft made to the Spain taper as well. Don't know how to discribe it, but I can feel the shot like hitting a baseball. I know when I missed by how it sounded.

I want to like other cues as much because there are so many great makers out there,but I've bought and sold many cues because they just didn't feel good to me (doesn't make them bad cues, in fact they were works of art and shot OK, but they just didn't work for me personally) For someone else they were probably lights out.

RJ

SoniDJ

what's in your wallet
Silver Member
I have a Davis cue with the Spain taper and from the start of the wrap to the end of the cue it is the same radius, solid as a rock... no feel like it
I'm partial to Spain. I just have not found anything better yet? I'm having my Davis blank made into a cue soon, and I'm having the shaft made to the Spain taper as well. Don't know how to discribe it, but I can feel the shot like hitting a baseball. I know when I missed by how it sounded.

I want to like other cues as much because there are so many great makers out there,but I've bought and sold many cues because they just didn't feel good to me (doesn't make them bad cues, in fact they were works of art and shot OK, but they just didn't work for me personally) For someone else they were probably lights out.

RJ

Reactions: KRJ