IPT Match - What are they playing for????

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
They probably won't mention the money. It will just piss the other players off more. Whatever it is it should go to paying the players what their owed. Johnnyt

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
Not sure, but I would definitely make them post up the money for the winner. And keep and eye on KT if he's in the room. :D

Southpaw

LILJOHN30

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stakes

There playing for shits and giggles,and if the match is good the IPT might pay the winner what there owed...:eek: This might be the way the IPT finishes paying up the owed money, in sorta challenge matches.

Tim5000

Silver Member
I believe there is no prize money. The players are getting paid a fee to do an exhibition.

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
LILJOHN30 said:
There playing for shits and giggles,and if the match is good the IPT might pay the winner what there owed...:eek: This might be the way the IPT finishes paying up the owed money, in sorta challenge matches.
Shits and giggles is alot more than what Earl has earned in awhile.:eek: ;)

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
other questions

Tim5000 said:
I believe there is no prize money. The players are getting paid a fee to do an exhibition.

Does the winner get more exhibition money than the loser or is it the same money for both players?

If they both get the same paycheck I wonder if there will be any safety play or if it will be balls to the wall shotmaking only.

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
I've been hard on the IPT before, but I have a few things to say, some positive, some negative.

Obviously, KT has no intention to pay the players off from his own pocket. I don't think we even have to debate that.

If this challenge match is a way to kick start subscriptions and t-shirt sales so the players can get the rest of their money, then I guess we just have to accept that.

The more I think about it, the more I am thinking that KT approached Johnny and Earl, and asked them to play a filmed match for free, in order to help the sales, as KT is probably paying the players from the sales of the DVDs and other various merchandise. He may ask other players to do the same, with a non disclosure agreement, of course.

And for some positivity.. Maybe the streaming subscriptions DO make some decent money. Seems to be working okay for JCIN and crew. Perhaps this will morph into paid exhibition matches, or even just another pro event. I think the IPT could actually pull off adding 10-20K per event if they can build their streaming audience.

I don't think the IPT events will ever come back on the prize scale they had before, or with such nice facilities/setups, but I think there might be a real possibility to do one or two new pro tournaments with modest added money with the right business plan based on building loyal fans who will buy IPT gear and IPT matches.

I mean, let's be serious... If Kevin paid the players immediately, and the matches were good, people are going to buy them. If the tour looks like it might have some longevity, then people will buy t-shirts and stuff to.

Personally, I'd rather see someone else other than KT at the helm, because I don't want him having my credit card. I'd use Paypal to buy matches, though... Once KT paid everyone in full.

Ida know.. I hope it turns out okay. I am actually amazed that KT has continued to pay the players at all, rather than closing up shop. For JAM: Sorry for giving you such a hard time for trying to remain upbeat on the possiilities. I read your post the other day on what it felt like for Keith to finally be treated right as a poolplayer, and you definitely convinced me that for some, it might not be all about the money owed.

Russ

Last edited:

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
I like how they are saying there is trash talking going on. Nothing like fake drama to try to drum up interest. Fake marketing is right at the top of the KT Marketing playbook I guess. Might as well go with what your strong suit is.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tim5000 said:

something like that, I know the specifics but cant say. What is happing is they are putting together some matches to generate online interest etc. If it goes well and gets some legs under it then they will create something, which will help pool. If it dosent work it wont help the overall cause, should it work it will help bail out the current problem. I have 100% reliable information but cant go into details-I wont break the confidentiallity agreement I have with the people involved.