Lawsuit in china: Brunswick billiards vs. Yalin ??????

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you know if it’s a manufacturing plant? Or a distribution center. If a plant, do you know what they make?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you know if it’s a manufacturing plant? Or a distribution center. If a plant, do you know what they make?
Never been inside but have been told by more than a couple its basically an assembly facility. I know on the GC 5's and 6's only the pockets and return gulleys are made here. Rest comes from China. Not sure about slate, was Brazil but could be China now. They became mostly an assembler around '76 when the GC3's came out.

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maniac...You are...wrong. World HQ for the Predator Group is Jacksonville FL...not China!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

I bet the $$$ ends up out-of-country though. I could be wrong...I've been wrong before.

Maniac

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
Maniac...You are...wrong. World HQ for the Predator Group is Jacksonville FL...not China!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour

I know (now). I've already taken my ass-whippin' from a couple other posters already. :thumbup:

Maniac

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
China is a country run by thieves.
I do my best to avoid purchasing any of their stuff, good or bad quality.
When I worked for CAT, we got hosed to the tune of $800M by purchasing a company that lied about its assets. Everyone but the top brass had to work a year or two without raises to offset the loss.
I don't feel bad for anyone who deals with them if they lose money. Greed goes both ways and they are the kings of it. The last thing invented in China was gunpowder yet somehow everyone owes them money.

I wonder if the world is planning on reneging on their debts and that is why they're inflating their covid-19 deaths. I heard an interview last week with a US politician. He mentioned the .gov planning on hitting up China for reparations due to the virus.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I worked for CAT, we got hosed to the tune of $800M by purchasing a company that lied about its assets. Everyone but the top brass had to work a year or two without raises to offset the loss.
I don't feel bad for anyone who deals with them if they lose money. Greed goes both ways and they are the kings of it. The last thing invented in China was gunpowder yet somehow everyone owes them money.

I wonder if the world is planning on reneging on their debts and that is why they're inflating their covid-19 deaths. I heard an interview last week with a US politician. He mentioned the .gov planning on hitting up China for reparations due to the virus.
I tend to agree but its virtually impossible not to buy some things marked " Made in China". So much of our daily stuff is made there.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yalin and Brunswick are both running full page ads in the July issue of Billiard Digest.
I guess you could say all B'wicks are Yalin's but not all Yalin's are B'wicks. Or something like that. Yalin is a BIG outfit. Can produce over 20,000 tables/yr.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

Good luck with that . China is suffering from recession now too.
Now, their president is busy inventing a war with India to divert the attention of his people. Civil unrest would be his biggest problem.
The people are sick of communism too .