how do you carry you cues on a motorcycle ?

mohler

Registered
The cue is 59" , case is 22"

Attachments

• 3ps apart.jpg
    3ps apart.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 231
  • 3pc together.jpg
    3pc together.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 225

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That's a very nice case, I like it. From my experience riding bikes for 20+ years though it seems to me that would be very uncomfortable at the least - dangerous at worst. What I mean is if used as a back back isn't it going straight down into the seat? Seems to me a regular old strap that you can throw over one shoulder and have the case diagonally across your back would be much better? No?

mohler

Registered
BmoreMoney, I made it. Butt from a house cue , mid section & shaft from other stock . Had to make the case too, kinda hard to find a 22" case.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Moto

Get a small hard case, bungee strap it across the handlebars, if you've got a fairing in the way, go to plan B. It's nice to have an eye on your cue. If your traveling across country, another method would be preferred, depends on how your moto gear is laid out.

I've had nearly 20 motorcycles in my life time.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you guys remember those old ( 8???) Piece cues that came in the little " square " briefcase type contraptions? I was seriously considering finding one of those for the bike. I do know just about everyone of those that I've ever seen were complete POS's, but I was thinking maybe sending it to Frey or somebody and get the shafts cleaned up or maybe even one made for it??? Lol. I don't know but what I do know is I don't like lugging around " my good cues " on a bike ( while riding ) AND I hate having to worry about them when I'm not using them / don't need at the time. The best solution I had come up with was a 1x1 cheap $10 hard tube case with a cheap no name $30 S/P with the shafts taken down and a decent tip installed slung over the back of the beech on the back. If I could get something half way decent; that's fits in a saddle that I could lock up , that would be perfect!

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you guys remember those old ( 8???) Piece cues that came in the little " square " briefcase type contraptions? I was seriously considering finding one of those for the bike. I do know just about everyone of those that I've ever seen were complete POS's, but I was thinking maybe sending it to Frey or somebody and get the shafts cleaned up or maybe even one made for it??? Lol. I don't know but what I do know is I don't like lugging around " my good cues " on a bike ( while riding ) AND I hate having to worry about them when I'm not using them / don't need at the time. The best solution I had come up with was a 1x1 cheap $10 hard tube case with a cheap no name $30 S/P with the shafts taken down and a decent tip installed slung over the back of the beech on the back. If I could get something half way decent; that's fits in a saddle that I could lock up , that would be perfect!

Those old 5 piece cues were mostly ramin wood. Some of them are nice maple but they really are not structurally so good anyway. It's almost tempting but I wouldn't mess with them.

I love this three piece option.

I have seen one before.

Poison also made one that came with two shafts, one for playing and one for breaking.

I would love one to keep in my saddle bag. I don't want to ride around with a cue strapped to my bike all the time.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Get a small hard case, bungee strap it across the handlebars, if you've got a fairing in the way, go to plan B. It's nice to have an eye on your cue. If your traveling across country, another method would be preferred, depends on how your moto gear is laid out.

I've had nearly 20 motorcycles in my life time.

This is what I've found. It's nice to have it where you can see it. On short trips it doesn't matter much, if it's behind me or on the side I can reach back an touch it to make sure it's riding OK.

On any bike I've had there are at least a couple of ways to strap a cue on.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Those old 5 piece cues were mostly ramin wood. Some of them are nice maple but they really are not structurally so good anyway. It's almost tempting but I wouldn't mess with them.

I have seen one before.

Poison also made one that came with two shafts, one for playing and one for breaking.

I would love one to keep in my saddle bag. I don't want to ride around with a cue strapped to my bike all the time. I can't recall seeing a 3 piece ( like this ) before but yeah for it would be nice to just drop it in a saddle! Off of the top of your head, any idear if 22" will easily fit in your bag?

Yup 5 piece sound about right. WTH was I thinking of with 8???? Lol.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I have seen one before.

I would love one to keep in my saddle bag. I don't want to ride around with a cue strapped to my bike all the time.

Doc, any idea in the size of your bag? Would 22" just drop in?

joewag2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in a summer league once. Traveled 30 miles one way (I live North East PA,). Start at 7:00 pm, get out around midnight. Had a hard 2 x 4 case that I threw over my shoulders. It was very comfortable and secure. Unfortunately, .. It was hot and dry when I got there and humid as all heck on the ride home. My shaft warped like a pretzel in about a month. Lesson learned :-(

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was in a summer league once. Traveled 30 miles one way (I live North East PA,). Start at 7:00 pm, get out around midnight. Had a hard 2 x 4 case that I threw over my shoulders. It was very comfortable and secure. Unfortunately, .. It was hot and dry when I got there and humid as all heck on the ride home. My shaft warped like a pretzel in about a month. Lesson learned :-(

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

WOW, I have been thinking about rain but had not thought of this! Anyone else ever had an experience similar to this? What'd you do?