how do you carry you cues on a motorcycle ?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ve seen Harley's with saddle bags n cases bunjied to the bags side to side but with my gsxr I have been struggling to figure out a way to carry my case2x4 comfortably. I was thinking about a skateboard backpack that holds the board up n down n putting the case where the board would go but idk so far I've never been able to achieve the conundrum of riding and holding my case which is unfortunate because we have one car n when I travel to play or tournAment I'm forced to drive the car. Usually riding home I wish I had the bike

Easy. Sell th gsxr and buy a Harley. :thumbup:

Catahula

I said "SIT!"
Silver Member
Exactly

JB Cases has a GREAT Back-Pack Case. www.jbcases.com

JoeyA

My JB Butterfly with backpack straps just arrived and it works just the way I thought it would on my Harley Road King. Before that I had been strapping it down with bungee cords. Never was really sold on that method.
Tommy

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
I used to carry a 1x2 hard case strapped across the package rack.
Don't think I'll ever ride again, since my ordeal with Chemo Therapy.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
That is how I carry my case and its a 3x5 .. Guess I have a strong back for a 61 year old :grin-square:

I'm not exactly a little guy but with a small case, I can ride for days and not know it's there. The only thing I worry about with the bigger cases is that with the extra weight and wind pulling on the case strap, over time, might cause your cues to get dropped off at an unexpected location, lol.

Eric

Charlie D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
image.jpg.

Just strap it secure , Enjoy the ride. 3200 miles and no problem.

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
used to carry around a tennis racquet on my motorcycle, I just tucked it halfway under my thigh, and took off......:sorry:

nowadays I would just use a shoulder strap, done....

Billiardsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So this is the custom rack that I had a friend fabricate for me. It mounts to the rear foot pegs of (in this case) a 2003 CBR954RR. It is designed around the Longoni case WITH the travel bag. It worked flawlessly as on this particular bike there is just a single exhaust on one side and then this on the other. All I did was strap a bunji net around it to hold it in. Took my buddy about an hour to bend and weld it. Sold the bike but couldn't let go of this rack.

Attachments

• 20160613_150417.jpg
    20160613_150417.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 313
  • 20160613_150425.jpg
    20160613_150425.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 308

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So this is the custom rack that I had a friend fabricate for me. It mounts to the rear foot pegs of (in this case) a 2003 CBR954RR. It is designed around the Longoni case WITH the travel bag. It worked flawlessly as on this particular bike there is just a single exhaust on one side and then this on the other. All I did was strap a bunji net around it to hold it in. Took my buddy about an hour to bend and weld it. Sold the bike but couldn't let go of this rack.

Is your friend a fabricator for the railroad or the mining industry? :)

Looks plenty sturdy!

Billiardsfan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Is your friend a fabricator for the railroad or the mining industry?

Looks plenty sturdy!"

He is actually a sheet metal worker. But you don't want to have a flimsy rack if you hit the ground.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice work on that rack.

I want to have something similar made to mount my KSG in my Harley saddle bag. They are available for various mutations of shotguns and carbines but I have yet to find one for the KSG.

As for my cues, I really should get a JB Rugged I think. Then either shoulder strap it or strap it to the bike.

mattkenefick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't mind having something fabricated where it could sit vertically either behind me or in front without affecting the ride.

The scene in Terminator 2 where Arnold is chasing down the semi on the motorcycle and he pulls the shotgun up from whereever it's held on the bike looks awesome. Then it puts it back down into whatever slot it's supposed to be in.

I like that.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"how do you carry you cues on a motorcycle ?"

I always use an old 3x5 Instroke case for everything.
When I ride the same case simply goes across my back and just crank up and go.
Never had any problems.
Just to add, I ride a new Wide Glide and a 2014 ZX14R which gets most of my riding...oh so smooth.
The Glide may have to go.....lol
But no matter what the case goes across the back. So the ride really doesn't matter.

Last edited:

mohler

Registered
In the top box, just finished making a 3 piece cue and case to fit in the bike. Now when I'm out shooting and it rains I don't have to wrap it up in plastic bags and bungee it down.

Attachments

• Top box cue1.jpg
    Top box cue1.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 232

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In the top box, just finished making a 3 piece cue and case to fit in the bike. Now when I'm out shooting and it rains I don't have to wrap it up in plastic bags and bungee it down.

Let's see the cue!

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yup. Let's see it.

I have been entertaining having a 3 piece made at some point.

Poison made one...too expensive IMHO.