Houston High School Program

mnorwood

Moon
Silver Member
Greetings all,

Its been quite some time since I last posted here on AZ, sometimes life presents you with twists and turns that you just have to ride out. For those of you who don't know me (probably most) I did a youtube channel for billiards called "forcefollow" which later was shifted over to "cuestudent". In 2008 14.1straightman donated a table to a church youth program. I picked up the table and resurfaced it, this youth group is still going. In 2009 Diamond Billiards and RealKingCobra donated 5 tables to my campus to start an after school pool program at an intermediate school in Pasadena Texas. Other AZ members stepped up and donated cues and other items. I worked that program for 5 years which ended up serving thousands of kids before moving on and the program is still going as part of their PE department.

I stopped posting youtube videos in 2012 and have really stepped away from pool since then. 2 years ago I was hired to teach AV Tech at Houston Heights High School which is a public charter school for at risk students. Typically charter schools cherry pick students who fall in the top 10 percent for academic achievement and SES. Our school does the opposite. We take in kids who didn't make it in traditional high schools for various reasons. Recently some space has come open on our campus and there has been some discussion of what to do with the space.

I am posting this thread to see if there is any possibility that AZ members could donate 1 possibly two tables to start a program at my current campus. If the donor is within a reasonable drive I would be willing to pick up and then set up any table that's given.

If any perspective donor needs a character reference or verification of anything I have posted here JoeyA, Scott Lee, Greyghost, and BlackJack Dave Sapolis can vouch for me.

I am still grateful for the outpouring of support I received in 2009 and would appreciate any support for this new project.

PM me if you need more info or if you would like to chat.

Regards,
Marcus Norwood

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can definitely vouch for Marcus. His program was extremely successful, and as he said, is still going on in his absence. It would be great for him to start up a new program at his current high school. While I don't have any connections for equipment, I am more than willing to come to Houston and donate time with the new program...just as I did with the middle school program years ago. This is a very worthwhile effort, and I encourage anyone who can, to help Marcus out, whether it is with equipment, a donation towards the project, or just some of your time. Good luck Marcus, and I hope to see you again the next time I'm in Houston. :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Marcus is good people - a very good friend - and an honest guy that has a passion to teach this game to young people. How'd I do, Ed?