Oscar Dominguez and Justin Bergman

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stream back. Justin gets close to the 7 and has to shoot over itto make the 6. Gets a little out of line on the 7. He then runs out like the second best rotation player in America.

Justin wins it in two sets. Scores include Oscar's 2 game spot.
25-14
25-21
Yes, hard to figure why JB is not under Mosconi Cup consideration for the US team. Defeating Oscar 50-31 (without the 2 game per set spot) is strong indeed! Seems like when he did last play in the Mosconi Cup 2 years ago, he was one of our only players who performed well.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Justin's cue ball control is fantastic and he pockets balls as good as anybody.

He beat Oscar by 19 games total guys.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, hard to figure why JB is not under Mosconi Cup consideration for the US team. Defeating Oscar 50-31 (without the 2 game per set spot) is strong indeed! Seems like when he did last play in the Mosconi Cup 2 years ago, he was one of our only players who performed well.

Two years in a row he took himself out by not attending events to get points (last year) or to be considered by the coach (this year).

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Thanx everybody...with a special nod to IBA....I didn’t feel like going to the pool hall today.
The picture was good yesterday....but I miss having commentary.
....and not being on FB left me out of the loop.

This contest also reminded me that my favorite game to watch is one pocket....
...for me, it’s like watching a chess game...you get to make your own mental moves....
...and believe me, some of my moves are mental...:eek:

prad

Flip the coin
Silver Member
JB sure does play strong, but hard to watch - how slow he plays to be as good as he is.

Table looks super tight .. may be that's why he slowed down a lil bit more.
He is very deliberate but not too painful to watch..

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I’m glad Oscar played better the second day...it’ll give him heart to move on.
....I was hurting for him the first set...he gave 5 or 6 games away missing very makeable
shots....which could’ve been the difference of losing at 14 or crossing the finish line first.

I like Oscar but I have never bet against Justin.

Tin Man

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Because...

because bootcamps obviously

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two years in a row he took himself out by not attending events to get points (last year) or to be considered by the coach (this year).

No worries, after this year's Cup the Eurohole Coach experiment will be all over with. :boring2:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
A year ago, Johann failed to name Bergman, America's best tactical player who played well in the 2016 Mosconi Cup, to the team and Team USA was whitewashed, in part due to poor tactical play. Will this mistake be repeated?

SVB is America's best, but Bergman and the semi-retired Dechaine are definitely 2A and 2B. A repeat of this mistake could earn Johann a few votes for Mosconi MVP ... for Europe!

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A year ago, Johann failed to name Bergman, America's best tactical player who played well in the 2016 Mosconi Cup, to the team and Team USA was whitewashed, in part due to poor tactical play. Will this mistake be repeated?

SVB is America's best, but Bergman and the semi-retired Dechaine are definitely 2A and 2B. A repeat of this mistake could earn Johann a few votes for Mosconi MVP ... for Europe!

I agree- they should both be on the team along with Woodward and maybe Deuel, Thorpe or perhaps Earl. If Morris played more regularly I’d be in favor of him too

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
I would prefer to see

Team Road Warriors

Mcminn/bergman/hall/roberts/smith

Vs

Team Tournament Titans

Svb/hatch/thorpe/oscar/skylar

Winner gets the slots! Make them work together as a unit and build team work.

Just my 2 cents

Kd

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Really seems like you've made an effort to rally the troops against zach?

Cant it be that he attempted to monetize his streams in a way that benefits the participants, but faced to realize there really isnt the revenue he thought?

Road to hell paved with good intention, you know?

Again... Zach Goldsmith is the dude to talk to about this.. He can be found on Facebook. I am pretty sure he unfriended me a few years ago when I voiced my opinions on how shady his proposals were with the whole streaming setup he was working on, and obviously people as a whole don't like it all that much.

It never mattered before, because he had never locked up anything worthwhile, that anyone gave two craps about. If you guys don't like his methods/pricing structure, you need to be very vocal about it before he locks up the next action match.

kollegedave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This would never happen, but I think it is a super cool idea.

I would prefer to see

Team Road Warriors

Vs

Team Tournament Titans

Just my 2 cents

Kd

kollegedave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SJM, I agree 100%.

I disagree with this notion that I think a lot of people have (I don't know about you) that SVB HAS to be on the team. He uses his break to blitz his opponent, and the Mosconi rules take that away. A Mosconi Cup team needs 9 ball movers, shotmakers, and players capable of handling high pressure. Over a long period of time, SVB has proven he is not up to the task...in the Mosconi Cup.

It seems to me, Johann is making some sort of allowance for Shane's lack of participation in "boot camps", but not the same allowance for Justin. I think this keeps the best player we have FOR THE MOSCONI CUP (Justin) off the team, whilst including a player whose strengths are not well-suited for the event.

Since the U.S. is not sending its best, I would like to see a different group get hammered as opposed to the same 'ole roster.

kollegedave

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would prefer to see

Team Road Warriors

Vs

Team Tournament Titans

Just my 2 cents

Kd

This would be great to watch.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I would prefer to see

Team Road Warriors

Vs

Team Tournament Titans

Just my 2 cents

Kd

I’ll buy the stream.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SJM, I agree 100%.

I
It seems to me, Johann is making some sort of allowance for Shane's lack of participation in "boot camps", but not the same allowance for Justin. I think this keeps the best player we have FOR THE MOSCONI CUP (Justin) off the team, whilst including a player whose strengths are not well-suited for the event.

kollegedave

Shane has attended all required team activities I believe...

I still like the idea oj Justin going on a crusade and taking out all the potential team members one by one for the cash!

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane has attended all required team activities I believe...

I still like the idea oj Justin going on a crusade and taking out all the potential team members one by one for the cash!

I thought svb announced he would NOT attend camps but hoped to make selection nonetheless?