Billiards training aid

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
looks awesome.. I saw something sort of like this a few years ago but never since.. That one had he ability to mark balls locations on the table so you could recreate a layout.

Price seems very good as well

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I'd think a hall could charge a bit more for a practice table that has that setup.

Looks impressive, and I like that Dr. Dave is involved.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd think a hall could charge a bit more for a practice table that has that setup.

Looks impressive, and I like that Dr. Dave is involved.

I don't think Dr Dave is involved. I think they just used a page out of his book to project onto the table, to show that any drill book page can be projected onto the table. I have no first hand knowledge, just what it seems like to me after browsing through the company's site.

thegreek

Registered
One recommendation that I would like to mention is to have the option to turn off the lights once you setup the drills. And to only show the target zones, too many lines are distracting I think.

Last edited:

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
One recommendation that I would like to mention is to have the option to turn off the lights once you setup the drills. And to only show the target zones to many lines are distracting I think.

I agree, I think it'd be hella distracting. Particularly how the light would react on your bridge arm and cue. I think I'll stick to the hole reinforcers I use every now and then.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't think Dr Dave is involved. I think they just used a page out of his book to project onto the table, to show that any drill book page can be projected onto the table. I have no first hand knowledge, just what it seems like to me after browsing through the company's site.
That is correct. I have met and like the owners, I gave them permission them to use the Billiard University (BU) Playing-Ability Exam stuff, and I have provided some input on their product, but I'm not directly involved with their business.

Regards,
Dave

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One recommendation that I would like to mention is to have the option to turn off the lights once you setup the drills. And to only show the target zones, too many lines are distracting I think.

You can use your projector remote to turn off the light, but the issue with projectors is that there is a warm up time for the good ones to protect the bulb, so you turn it off, then will be waiting a bit for it to turn on again.

mchnhed

I Came, I Shot, I Choked
Silver Member
You can use your projector remote to turn off the light, but the issue with projectors is that there is a warm up time for the good ones to protect the bulb, so you turn it off, then will be waiting a bit for it to turn on again.
You can turn the image on/off with the projector remote.
Not sure about the control of the image generator, but it should.

RussPrince

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or for the cost of a sharpie you can put a simple grid of dots at all diamond intersections. only needs to be a tiny dot (hardly noticeable) yet it makes reproducing any shot a cinch.

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like the idea and think it is a great product. I do have a few questions though. I went through the website and noticed a few things that seem overlooked. If the product your selling is a micro computer as you stated then it is very susceptible to becoming obsolete as technology advances. If the product is so stable why does it only have a 30 day warranty? Will there be any options for updates of both firmware and software? Will future releases offer other features such as internet connections/ live camera inputs/ streaming? Will you be offering a software only package that can be installed into a windows, linux, mac based media server computer? Does your micro computer have any connections for camera or video monitors? Just a few thoughts.