Improve Your Play To Pro Level Without Aiming

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You stirr up more trouble than your worth by assuming that any comment not sucking up to your beliefs is balderdash. You need to find a hole in the ground and crawl in it. You can then isolate yourself from the various opinions of those that don’t think exactly like yourself.

Or you could find a hole in the ground and crawl in it to avoid this entire forum. If you don't like it or me there's a simple solution. LEAVE. I haven't seen you contribute a damn thing of value ever.

Post a video of yourself on the pool table as you explain how to aim or make various cut shots. If you tell me to do it first, hey, it's already on here.

Post a video or explain what you do to analyze a table layout for an entire rack of 9 ball right after the break. What angle do you want to have leading into each shot to provide the correct angle for the next, and the next, and the next, etc.

I looked into your posting history here and what I do see is you opening your big mouth to blast the President like the fake news or Jimmy Kimmel every opportunity you can in NPR.
Yeah, you're real cool and a great contributor alright.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure. But when a structural memory (primarily encoded into memory via visual/spacial processing) gets recalled from longterm memory storage, it immediately gets placed into short term memory, which is considered the working area for conscious thought.

This is where decisions are being made, where you compare stored/learned data to new data currently being processed. You don't consciously pull the stored data from memory....it happens automatically, subconsciously, based on present sensory inputs. If the inputs pull nothing from longterm memory storage then you have either not learned how to do what you are specifically looking at or thinking about, or you haven't yet learned it well enough to allow for easy recall (there aren't enough handles on the particular memory and it hasn't become a stable longterm memory). It can take years for some learned skills to become part of the permanent longterm storage. For some the process could take a few weeks.

People can say this is all mumbo jumbo or whatever, and that's fine. It doesn't change the fact that that's how we are able to develop excellent skills, muscle memory, hand-eye coordination, etc.... Knowing how to learn is a great benefit for anyone wanting to learn.

Sounds very much like how a pc works, loading hard drive info into RAM for use. I think it would do some people well to learn more about the subconscious and how it is necessary for performing tasks like pocketing balls. Poolology is the only thing out there, maybe along with Joe Tuckers system (?) that gives you the exact fraction on the ob to hit, without a need for the subconscious. However, as we know, the subconscious will take over anyway and make the manual calculations unnecessary after awhile. The fact that some people don't understand this, and seem to be threatened by the idea, tells me that they don't understand what the subconscious does.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Not sure. But when a structural memory (primarily encoded into memory via visual/spacial processing) gets recalled from longterm memory storage, it immediately gets placed into short term memory, which is considered the working area for conscious thought.

This is where decisions are being made, where you compare stored/learned data to new data currently being processed. You don't consciously pull the stored data from memory....it happens automatically, subconsciously, based on present sensory inputs. If the inputs pull nothing from longterm memory storage then you have either not learned how to do what you are specifically looking at or thinking about, or you haven't yet learned it well enough to allow for easy recall (there aren't enough handles on the particular memory and it hasn't become a stable longterm memory). It can take years for some learned skills to become part of the permanent longterm storage. For some the process could take a few weeks.

People can say this is all mumbo jumbo or whatever, and that's fine. It doesn't change the fact that that's how we are able to develop excellent skills, muscle memory, hand-eye coordination, etc.... Knowing how to learn is a great benefit for anyone wanting to learn.

Hey Brian, keep this OUT of this thread. I'm going to start a new thread just for you since you have a Ph.D. in mind science and know everything there is to know about brain functions. Especially the most important part, HOW TO MAKE A CUT SHOT IN POOL WITH YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Sounds very much like how a pc works, loading hard drive info into RAM for use. I think it would do some people well to learn more about the subconscious and how it is necessary for performing tasks like pocketing balls.

There's a new thread for it. HAVE AT IT.

Poolology is the only thing out there, maybe along with Joe Tuckers system (?) that gives you the exact fraction on the ob to hit, without a need for the subconscious.

Really?

However, as we know, the subconscious will take over anyway and make the manual calculations unnecessary after awhile.

LMAO. All without help from the eyes and conscious verification, right?

The fact that some people don't understand this, and seem to be threatened by the idea, tells me that they don't understand what the subconscious does.

Maybe those who think they know all there is to know about the subconscious mind and how it works really are the ones who DON'T KNOW.

The subconscious mind works AFTER it gets a command from the conscious mind.

There's a new thread for this. Add to it and explain what function the EYES HAVE IN THE PROCESS for the various parts of the brain when pocketing balls.

Btw, if a certain aiming system IS NOT learned or programmed into the brain, it can't tell you what to do in that method. Only what one is comfortable with.

MOVE THIS DISCUSSION TO THE NEW THREAD

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey Brian, keep this OUT of this thread. I'm going to start a new thread just for you since you have a Ph.D. in mind science and know everything there is to know about brain functions. Especially the most important part, HOW TO MAKE A CUT SHOT IN POOL WITH YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS.

That's awesome that you'd do that for just me. Thank you very much. But I don't have a Ph D and I don't know everything about how the brain functions. I'm not a neurologist, and they're not even 100% sure how the brain functions or exactly how longterm memory and the subconscience works. But there have been numerous studies done on the brain's function during learning and memory building. It's fascinating stuff, and being a reader I confess I've read several books on the subject.

I've always wondered how or why some people learn quicker than others, why some can't learn anything, and why some appear to be born with certain abilities that many others are never able to obtain, like hearing the tonal difference between G and G# (G sharp). So I try to learn a little about how the this works in the mind, how we program ourselves for certain skills, like playing guitar or shooting pool, and I see how this stuff could help pool players when it comes to practice and learning the game. I post a few statements on brain-memory functions and you decide I'm a know-it-all in search of a platform or audience.

Thanks for creating a new thread for me, even though THIS thread is the correct location for such knowledge because the OP (you :rolleyes:) asked "non-aimers" how we do it. I explain that we do aim, but it's difficult to explain because it's a function of brain-memory activity. But that's not what you want to hear, so I'll move it to the new thread you started for me. Thanks again. :thumbup:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
That's awesome that you'd do that for just me. Thank you very much. But I don't have a Ph D and I don't know everything about how the brain functions.

In your own mind I don't think you're too far away from knowing everything about how the brain works. You do it with all other subjects that come up.

I'm not a neurologist, and they're not even 100% sure how the brain functions or exactly how longterm memory and the subconscience works. But there have been numerous studies done on the brain's function during learning and memory building. It's fascinating stuff, and being a reader I confess I've read several books on the subject.

There you go. You are an expert after all. Those several books got you there. I see you were just trying to be modest at first.

I've always wondered how or why some people learn quicker than others, why some can't learn anything, and why some appear to be born with certain abilities that many others are never able to obtain, like hearing the tonal difference between G and G# (G sharp).

Wouldn't they have to know what a G and Gsharp is to begin with? I don't think Stevie Ray Vaughan did since he knew nothing about reading music but he played pretty damn sporty. Neither did Jimi Hendrix. Both A LOT better than you who knows.

So I try to learn a little about how the this works in the mind, how we program ourselves for certain skills, like playing guitar or shooting pool, and I see how this stuff could help pool players when it comes to practice and learning the game. I post a few statements on brain-memory functions and you decide I'm a know-it-all in search of a platform or audience.

In reality you're trying to do your best to disrupt a thread as well as not be specific about what the secret aiming system is that you learned early on in your pool playing life that is the primary one over your money making one for everyone else.

Thanks for creating a new thread for me, even though THIS thread is the correct location for such knowledge because the OP (you :rolleyes:) asked "non-aimers" how we do it. I explain that we do aim, but it's difficult to explain because it's a function of brain-memory activity.

Gotcha. More bullshit diversionary tactics. A genius most of the time who can turn it off to play the role of a dolt.

But that's not what you want to hear, so I'll move it to the new thread you started for me. Thanks again. :thumbup:

No need to respond. Adios here.

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Makes sense to me. Good post.

Thanks Brian.

I forgot to mention an this is probably what really should be asked instead of how one pockets a ball well.

Your setup into your way. Some start out looking at the contact point . Some use cte ...ghost ball. What ever it is we all must have a starting point. The beginning of the routine is the most important of all, it's the foundation on which we create the right perception. This should be asked by anyone even the pros who actually are doing what we do, but better.

The question that should be asked since perception can't be taught but nothing other then your eyes is how do you begin your start process. :smile:

If I ever write a book on this subject, it will be the best book ever .

By Anthony the banger.:grin-square:

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Thanks Brian.

I forgot to mention an this is probably what really should be asked instead of how one pockets a ball well.

Your setup into your way. Some start out looking at the contact point . Some use cte ...ghost ball. What ever it is we all must have a starting point. The beginning of the routine is the most important of all, it's the foundation on which we create the right perception. This should be asked by anyone even the pros who actually are doing what we do, but better.

The question that should be asked since perception can't be taught but nothing other then your eyes is how do you begin your start process. :smile:

What the hell is this? Did you get off the booze? Most astute post you've ever made!! (just messin' with you Anthony. But you nailed it)

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or you could find a hole in the ground and crawl in it to avoid this entire forum. If you don't like it or me there's a simple solution. LEAVE. I haven't seen you contribute a damn thing of value ever.

Post a video of yourself on the pool table as you explain how to aim or make various cut shots. If you tell me to do it first, hey, it's already on here.

Post a video or explain what you do to analyze a table layout for an entire rack of 9 ball right after the break. What angle do you want to have leading into each shot to provide the correct angle for the next, and the next, and the next, etc.

I looked into your posting history here and what I do see is you opening your big mouth to blast the President like the fake news or Jimmy Kimmel every opportunity you can in NPR.
Yeah, you're real cool and a great contributor alright.

Your anger must be attributed to loosing your job as the fry cook at McDonald’s.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member

Wouldn't they have to know what a G and Gsharp is to begin with? I don't think Stevie Ray Vaughan did since he knew nothing about reading music but he played pretty damn sporty. Neither did Jimi Hendrix. Both A LOT better than you who knows.

No. Recognizing tonal differences between notes doesn't have a thing to do with reading music.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HOW DO YOU POCKET BALLS WITHOUT AIMING? I really want to know.

Isn't this kind or ironic? You are browbeating everybody about not aiming, yet you are the only one in this forum who claims that he actually DOES NOT aim. Even a guy like B.Bill is going to tell you that he aims the cue ball at the ob. You, on the other hand, are a CTE user. I thought once you got down on the shot you could pretty much forget about the ob and focus only on the cb. You only align to specific perceptions and those perceptions mysteriously (Stan's words) send the ob to the pocket like magic. That isn't aiming the cue ball. It is simply following steps ABC with only minimal knowledge of the pocket location necessary. That's the pitch, anyway.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Isn't this kind or ironic? You are browbeating everybody about not aiming, yet you are the only one in this forum who claims that he actually DOES NOT aim. Even a guy like B.Bill is going to tell you that he aims the cue ball at the ob. You, on the other hand, are a CTE user. I thought once you got down on the shot you could pretty much forget about the ob and focus only on the cb. You only align to specific perceptions and those perceptions mysteriously (Stan's words) send the ob to the pocket like magic. That isn't aiming the cue ball. It is simply following steps ABC with only minimal knowledge of the pocket location necessary. That's the pitch, anyway.

I don't aim? ROTFLMAO! ROTFLMAO!! ROTFLMAO!!! I've NEVER said that.

I'm sooooo glad you just made the post above because it really shows how little you know about CTE or Shiskabob and the process itself.

This is PRICELESS! ROTFLMFAO!! OMG!!!

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm sooooo glad you just made the post above because it really shows how little you know about CTE or Shiskabob and the process itself.

So please enlighten me. With CTE Pro1 you align one of 2 spots on the cue ball to one of 3 spots on the ob. The pocket location only tells you which combination to use. Once you have this relationship determined you can forget about the ob and concentrate on the cue ball only. In what way is this aiming the ob into a pocket the way the rest of us do it?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
So please enlighten me. With CTE Pro1 you align one of 2 spots on the cue ball to one of 3 spots on the ob. The pocket location only tells you which combination to use. Once you have this relationship determined you can forget about the ob and concentrate on the cue ball only.

In what way is this aiming the ob into a pocket the way the rest of us do it?

It ISN'T. Nor is it the way I ever aimed prior to being introduced to it and then putting in the time and effort to forget what I had done for all those years. Why?
It must have been the Kool-Aid, tin foil hats, and decoder ring that went with it.

I would NEVER have switched how I aimed if it made my game worse or inconsistent. Anybody who did would have to be a complete moron.
Is that what you take me for?

Again, you prove you know nothing about the process or that it works as taught.
IF LEARNED AND PRACTICED.

One more post here or elsewhere directly to me is going to get reported for
stalking and baiting.

You and others have been given the answers to this for over 20 years. You've been here on AZ since 2003 and involved with ALL the questions and answers during those 15 years.. Go back and look them up.

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Even if one were told where the shot relationship and closed their eyes, hobbled to the table, touched the cb with their hand for a point of reference, get down on the shot and feel their way through the visual darkness and eventually pull the trigger: analyze.....COMPLETE:

Fact: Blind + orientation + feel = AIMING

STOP: analyze.....COMPLETE:

Aiming = NON SEQUITUR + ambiguous + specify/rectify: analyze......COMPLETE:

Aiming = DELIVERY METHOD

Mr Spider sir, question:

Would you say a aiming system could only be called a true system if it had a complete and objective solution to applying any spin for any shot relationship on the spherical geometric plain known as "pool"?

I think this is a fair question, and if not or not reasonable, why? The listed demand i stated is based on what is simply there. Is the demand unreasonable?

I believe it is reasonable, but i also think that "aim", at some point, has to coincide, or be clarified, as to what it exactly is as a system.

To complete the listed demand, one will have to control pitch and or yaw.

Is pitch aimed? Of course.

Does aim control pitch? I dont see any reason why it couldnt.

So, what say you sir? Should a aiming system, to be truly called one, have a solution for the listed demand of any spin and controlled effect of outcome? Is this reasonable?

Clarification: unreasonble would be the categories of uncommon elements such as swerve and bounce demands, pitch elevation of more than 35-45 degrees? Not sure as to what elevation becomes unreasonable, due to sensitivity and volatility of speed and velocity.

Thanks, i did my best, hope its clear.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You've talked to Stan a number of times on the phone before. What did he tell you?

What did you believe, learn or reject? What did you forget? When will you be coming out with all of your laboratory experiments, findings, and secrets for the world to see?

I have patience. I'll just wait for your book, DVDs, or CDs of you talking.

Lay it on us mang...

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It ISN'T. Nor is it the way I ever aimed prior to being introduced to it and then putting in the time and effort to forget what I had done for all those years. Why?
It must have been the Kool-Aid, tin foil hats, and decoder ring that went with it.

I would NEVER have switched how I aimed if it made my game worse or inconsistent. Anybody who did would have to be a complete moron.
Is that what you take me for?

Again, you prove you know nothing about the process or that it works as taught.
IF LEARNED AND PRACTICED.

One more post here or elsewhere directly to me is going to get reported for
stalking and baiting.

You and others have been given the answers to this for over 20 years. You've been here on AZ since 2003 and involved with ALL the questions and answers during those 15 years.. Go back and look them up.

I'd be happy for you to report me. I've done nothing but answer your questions. In fact, I just started taking part in your multiple threads, trying to understand what you keep going on about. You, on the other hand, have insulted several people and made a general spectacle of yourself the last two days. I thought you had no interest in posting to this forum any more.

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You've talked to Stan a number of times on the phone before. What did he tell you?

What did you believe, learn or reject? What did you forget? When will you be coming out with all of your laboratory experiments, findings, and secrets for the world to see?

I have patience. I'll just wait for your book, DVDs, or CDs of you talking.

Lay it on us mang...

let me start out like bc21865(861234.77450911, SURE, people make videos all the time, but the only pool video i would ever consider making, would be yuzin a cube-all made from yo teefs.

SURE, plenty of people chalk their sticks, SURE, i chalk mine too but i prefer to chalk the top o yo head and put dat weight bolt up in yo feets cuz a spider stick be too fo'wurd weighted wit all dem rocks up in hiz head.

SURE, a person doesnt have to have rocks in they head, but yoo doo, an ize seen yo vid'yuhs an why come you stroke sumtines az if yo butt all of'z'uh sudden yo hand letz go as if dat butt be one mill'in deh'greez fairinheight?

You really are a goon'shlump aint'cha boy?...... Yuhhhhh yuh yesssssss you are.

Oh, excuse him gentlemen, excuse me gentlemen.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
let me start out like bc21865(861234.77450911, SURE, people make videos all the time, but the only pool video i would ever consider making, would be yuzin a cube-all made from yo teefs.

SURE, plenty of people chalk their sticks, SURE, i chalk mine too but i prefer to chalk the top o yo head and put dat weight bolt up in yo feets cuz a spider stick be too fo'wurd weighted wit all dem rocks up in hiz head.

SURE, a person doesnt have to have rocks in they head, but yoo doo, an ize seen yo vid'yuhs an why come you stroke sumtines az if yo butt all of'z'uh sudden yo hand letz go as if dat butt be one mill'in deh'greez fairinheight?

You really are a goon'shlump aint'cha boy?...... Yuhhhhh yuh yesssssss you are.

Oh, excuse him gentlemen, excuse me gentlemen.

This is the second time you've made tough guy threatening posts to me in your third language . Do you think it's funny? No, not at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.