My short-lived APA experience. (long post)

overtaker

Banned
warning

Looks like you are into a pattern that will lead to no good.

Consider this a warning to change your tone or you'll not be here too long.

In the top of the main forum you can find the rules for posting here.
Please refresh your memory before posting further.

I am new to this forum and am a bit confused. My post is something that you are worried about Do you not read all the nasty bs that is said on this site about people and you threaten me. what a joke. I really don't care what you do oh great OZ.

overtaker

Banned
whiners

What i have discovered in my short time here is that the tiny minority does most of the complaining and the real players of the world don't really care what they think. What a waste of time

Patrick53212

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Amen!

I have dumped 4 years of my life into playing APA. Played for 3 years and quit because I was sick of all the crap. Came back 2 years later to give it another shots. Played for 4 season and dropped it like a bad habit.

First off the whole system is flawed. You cannot keep a team together if you do well. This leads to people losing on purpose or padding the innings to control skill level. IMO you have to sandbag to be really competitive in APA.

Throw in the fact our league rep would plan the money tournaments during holiday weekends. It was enough to make me walk away and not turn back.

When I was playing APA (I was also the captain) I would be at the bar from 6pm-11pm (sometime later) and I would MAYBE play 1 hour of pool. Now that I am not playing anymore when I go out and play I will play for 4 hours straight. Even in tounraments I play more than in APA.

Ok, end of rant :cool:

This is EXACTLY why I no longer play league period... I would much rather play in tournaments, practice, or for money. PERIOD.

confused

I am new to this forum and am a bit confused. My post is something that you are worried about Do you not read all the nasty bs that is said on this site about people and you threaten me. what a joke. I really don't care what you do oh great OZ.

AMEN, you are dead on

Beware_of_Dawg

Silver Member
What i have discovered in my short time here is that the tiny minority does most of the complaining and the real players of the world don't really care what they think. What a waste of time

Don't let the door hit you.

banbucket.jpg

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Leagues are intended to bring new players in

i had a blast when i played in a league. i met a lot of good people and i still enjoy running into them. While i was in the league i did meet a couple of really good players though.

Contrary to my prior post, I recently discussed this with a friend who used to be my boss and is a league operator. His league pays out $3 per point a team earns. In addition to other events for the players.

All be it all I got was a APA towel, I use it to wipe the tears everytime I think about all the beer I could have gotten had my LO paid out by the point. Thats a good party since both me and my wife played on the team.

So, this is where my post in negative tone against the APA end. It depends on your league operator. If you want to play in a league find out going in what the payouts are? A chance for Vegas or a chance for Vegas plus a few bucks for us 3s and 4s that play just to drink and spend an evening with friends.

The money just makes it more fun, at least for me.

Doug the horse

Registered
I feel your pain! I think I'm the only player at my local weekly tournament that isn't affiliated with APA or some other league. I've overheard more discussion about league play at the tourneys than I care to think about. It seems like the highlight of their pool playing existence is the quest for a plaque or trophy. All while making some league operator a nice living.

Banks

Banned
I feel your pain! I think I'm the only player at my local weekly tournament that isn't affiliated with APA or some other league. I've overheard more discussion about league play at the tourneys than I care to think about. It seems like the highlight of their pool playing existence is the quest for a plaque or trophy. All while making some league operator a nice living.

They enjoy it and talk about it? Oh, the horror.

Seems like the highlight of yours is a nice bridge.

Probably can't play anyhow.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

Boy, it sure is a damned shame that people playing pool regularly are excited about it, and how well they and their teammates are doing. Certainly gotta be bad, people shouldn't be happy, they should sit around being miserable, complaining that people won't gamble or if they will, will ask for too much of a spot.

And yeah, its another shame the league operators make a nice living. Cuz of course they don't do any work, or take any of the financial risk up front in purchasing their territory... Its much better *****ing about how much money someone else makes.

Did I get it right?

Sheesh

jeromyh13

Registered
I totally agree. Our local league operator is biased towards certain teams, and the nationals were so stacked it was ridiculous. APA isn't for me either. Glad i only played two sessions and went to vegas.