My short-lived APA experience. (long post)

Worst_7_ever

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could certainly prove what I said, but you'd have to bet a lot, for it to be worth my trouble, to track down the records. They are out there.

I never accused you of bashing the APA. That label is reserved for the other posters who do. I don't particularly think much of the VNEA or TAP leagues, but I don't badmouth them, as there are many players that enjoy playing in them. I'm not really surprised at your "bagging=APA" comment, coming from Chicago, as there have been several teams and players disqualified at the national tournament, over the years.

I have never denied that there is sandbagging within the APA league structure. It just didn't happen in my league, because I cared enough to take measures to prevent it...and monitored it regularly, both in person, and through other eyes and ears in my league. Certainly there were accusations of sandbagging in my league. Some of them were wrong...and the few that were correct, were handled effectively (either by raising someones S/L to the top level, or kicking them out of the league).

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Thank you for admtting - FINALLY - that sandbagging DID happen in your league.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see...you want to play semantics, huh? Okay, I guess I should have said "sandbagging was not allowed to go on, without action taken by the league operator to stop it". To me, it means the same thing, as "it didn't happen", but whatever. In four years, I had to deal with 2 or 3 incidents of real sandbagging. That's about a half of one percent of my total player list.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Thank you for admtting - FINALLY - that sandbagging DID happen in your league.

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think everyone should remember that the APA or any other league is only as good as the people in it. There are rules in place to combat sandbagging in the APA. If the people don't use those rules, they are, in part, responsible for the sandbagging. If you are the person doing the sandbagging, you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

I don't want to hear this crap about everybody else is sandbagging and you have to sandbag to compete. That is pure crap. Everybody else is not sandbagging. If you are sandbagging, regardless of the reason, you are cheating.

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
I think everyone should remember that the APA or any other league is only as good as the people in it. There are rules in place to combat sandbagging in the APA. If the people don't use those rules, they are, in part, responsible for the sandbagging. If you are the person doing the sandbagging, you are part of the problem, not part of the solution.

I don't want to hear this crap about everybody else is sandbagging and you have to sandbag to compete. That is pure crap. Everybody else is not sandbagging. If you are sandbagging, regardless of the reason, you are cheating.

Isnt it funny no matter how many time you guys spin that broken record nothing is gonna change.

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isnt it funny no matter how many time you guys spin that broken record nothing is gonna change.

No, things will not change as long as scum like you continue to cheat and believe it is the right thing to do.

You are the problem with the APA, not the system.

Da Bank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely
Positively
Assholes

that's the APA for you. The only thing I have good to say about the APA is that it introduced me to the game of pool and I was lucky enough to have one player on my team who actually participated in the real pool world that has merit and real competition.

The league is absolutely no fun and a total waste of time for anyone who wants to be serious about the game.

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
No, things will not change as long as scum like you continue to cheat and believe it is the right thing to do.

You are the problem with the APA, not the system.

You do realize i havent played since 2005 right ?
You also sound like a 2 year old, dont know if you knew that or not.

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You do realize i havent played since 2005 right ?
You also sound like a 2 year old, dont know if you knew that or not.

If you don't play, how can you complain? Complaining about a league system that you don't even participate in is just idiotic.

Also, if sounding like a 2 year old means that I sound like I still believe in right and wrong and I don't accept cheating, I thank you for the compliment.

mongoose-

Banned
They sandbag in this area all the time. I have seen them run singles qualifiers out of in home tables & invite only a certain few... the LO knows about it as well & turns his head. We are much happier with the 6 team league we started & sanctioned with the ACS. Those type of people who don't want to win by actually playing pool are not the type I choose to associate with I know that for a fact.

Richardson

Who me ?
Silver Member
If you don't play, how can you complain? Complaining about a league system that you don't even participate in is just idiotic.

If you will read the post again, its you who is complaining about the league system. This is typical from people who have failed for years and years in the APA. Ill bet you're proud of the fact you've played since 1985 and it was the busch league right ?

My sig use to read, Insanity = doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Apply that to your useless comments and hate on this message board. And your pool career in the APA.

Sadly im going out of town to play in the VNEA midwest championships this weekend. As i am leaving in about 30 mins i will have to catch up on this wonderful thread on sunday night.

cya all later :)

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you will read the post again, its you who is complaining about the league system. This is typical from people who have failed for years and years in the APA. Ill bet you're proud of the fact you've played since 1985 and it was the busch league right ?

I am not complaining about the APA system. The system is fine. It is cheaters like you who misroute the system, then you have the nerve to complain about the other cheaters.

My sig use to read, Insanity = doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

So you cheat repeatedly and you expect others to not cheat???

Apply that to your useless comments and hate on this message board. And your pool career in the APA.

My only comments have been that it is cheaters, like you, that is the only problem with the APA. You don't seem to want to accept that.
Also, I don't consider my time in the APA a career. It is just a little recreation.

Sadly im going out of town to play in the VNEA midwest championships this weekend. As i am leaving in about 30 mins i will have to catch up on this wonderful thread on sunday night.

cya all later :)

Don't bother.

overtaker

Banned
entry level players

The APA is intended for entry-level players.
Their handicapping system truly sucks. It encourages sandbagging by it's very nature and punishes you for improving your game by raising your skill-level.

No where else will you see a set of rules that claims to be ball-in hand yet it's NOT open after the break (8-ball).

Their 9-ball league is equally ridiculous. No push-out, No jump cues and you can make the 9 & still lose. Winning is determined by ball count.

I owned an APA franchise for a while. I sold it when I got tired of the whining & crying and exposing entry-level players to a set of rules that would only serve to confuse them when they got out in the real world.

The only good to come out of my experience was that at the time that I bought my franchise, nobody North of Fort Wayne was playing BIH.
Now, everyone does including the unsanctioned leagues.
I'll consider that to be worth my time. I accomplished what I set out to do.

Sounds like you weren't much of a league operator. Glad you couldn't
do it, too hard for you I guess.

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
Only 6 posts and they're all in the APA threads... including bring back very old dead threads from a year ago. Do you have any other subjects that interest you? 9 ball? Straight pool? Maybe just pool in general? Sticks? Pictures of cats? Anything?!

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
I think the whole discussion of the APA is this--------> :deadhorse:

Can somebody make the APA topic a Sticky so we dotn have to look at it again :lol:

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sounds like you weren't much of a league operator. Glad you couldn't
do it, too hard for you I guess.

Looks like you are into a pattern that will lead to no good.

Consider this a warning to change your tone or you'll not be here too long.

In the top of the main forum you can find the rules for posting here.
Please refresh your memory before posting further.

deebee53

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The league operator can change player rankings at any time.

This is the biggest problem I have. Give a person power to cheat and motivation to cheat, and at some point you know what you will get. Most LOs are not as upstanding as Scott Lee.

I have a legit, consistent 2 on my team. She doesn't sandbag and I've seen her shoot enough to know where her skill level is. At regionals, she shot another 2 and it went 27 innings. She won 12-8. They raised her to a 3. Needless to say, in the next round I couldn't use her.

After losing in the first match of the next session, she went back down to a 2. Obviously that is where she belongs.

Now why!!! would they raise her in the first place, especially after just eeking out a win? It just doesn't make any sense.

LeagueGuy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The league operator can change player rankings at any time.

This is the biggest problem I have. Give a person power to cheat and motivation to cheat, and at some point you know what you will get. Most LOs are not as upstanding as Scott Lee.

I have a legit, consistent 2 on my team. She doesn't sandbag and I've seen her shoot enough to know where her skill level is. At regionals, she shot another 2 and it went 27 innings. She won 12-8. They raised her to a 3. Needless to say, in the next round I couldn't use her.

After losing in the first match of the next session, she went back down to a 2. Obviously that is where she belongs.

Now why!!! would they raise her in the first place, especially after just eeking out a win? It just doesn't make any sense.

Do you know most of the 200 plus League Opeators out there to make that statement. I only know about 12 of them and they are ALL outstanding people with tremendous ethics. If your L.O. is not that way, then that is unfortunate but it doesa not mean that most of them are that way.

when your 2 went up, did you ask why. I did a few years ago when i had the same situation. I was told that it was because she had played well in the session that we qualified (which was the summer) and therfore she started the regionals at that level. I didn't like it but it sounded reasonable and so i accepted it (mostly becuase my L.O. is very well respected and has a lot of integrity). I can also understand that reasoning so that a team cannot qualify and then sandbag and drop their skill levels to help them at regionals.