Please return the Tascarella

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your obviously new here, the pitchforks come out quick here. Also I think if you reread this thread you'd get the impression I do, Deanoc doesn't really know what happened, just that he's minus one Tasc., other posters added to the story and then those parts where added to the story also.

LOL, been there before! Lots of passionate folks on here and easy to step on toes even when you aren't meaning to, but no worries.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trying to defend whoever has the Tasc?? Sounds like it. NO way the guy doesn't know what he has. Anybody that's been on here for any time at all knows what a Tascarella is. I hope Deano makes a list of some of the posters on this and never sells them anything ever. Must be nice to have never made a mistake.

No way, Jose?

Sorry but most pool playing folks have extremely limited knowledge when it comes to the provenance of pool cues. Just a few weeks ago I had a guy come up to me and say, "Nice cue. Is that a Meucci?" I was playing with an eight-point Gina. And, as pictured, with it's highly un-figured maple and plain black collars, you flip that cue over to hide the sig and very, very few here are going to pick that cue out of a line up and ID it as a Tasc.

A lot of people come here to ask some very basic questions about pool. Particularly at Christmas time when they are looking for product or info about a product. They know zilch. So IMO it is very possible that someone who had no idea what a Jackpot cue was supposed to look like, got the Tasc, and didn't think a thing about it.

Lou Figueroa

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No way, Jose?

Sorry but most pool playing folks have extremely limited knowledge when it comes to the provenance of pool cues. Just a few weeks ago I had a guy come up to me and say, "Nice cue. Is that a Meucci?" I was playing with an eight-point Gina.

You're 100% right when it comes to most pool rooms, but I am thinking anyone who buys from Dean, sight unseen for $500, is in a different category...

Hoping this all works out...…...

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Wonder if this subject will still be going strong in early 2023? Wish Dean wold hear from person with real Magic Deal, it's on the way back to Dean.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're 100% right when it comes to most pool rooms, but I am thinking anyone who buys from Dean, sight unseen for $500, is in a different category...

Hoping this all works out...…...
Agree 100%. Dean's buyers are not un-educated cue-wise.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
Yeah, I am that clueless. The only cues I know anything about are super cheap cues and some lower cost production cues.

I go into second hand stores and shop cues. 90% of the time they are Chinese junk that someone bought at a department store. I can recognize a poorly made stick and I can recognize well built up to a point.

I recognize some names like Muecci, Viking, Players, McDermott, Dufferin, thats about it. I've either owned or known someone who has one of them.

High end cues, no flippin clue whatsoever. When Dean advertised the Jackpot cues, I didn't know that was the name of the cue maker.

You could hand me a Balabuska and if the name isn't on it, I would have no idea. I've only seen a couple in the last few weeks looking through the for sale section. There was one my local craigslist, so I looked the model up to check for new price.

I apologize to Dean for calling that stick ugly. That's much too harsh and wrong. It is just the thread on it I don't like, everything else about the cue looks good.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I am that clueless. The only cues I know anything about are super cheap cues and some lower cost production cues.

I go into second hand stores and shop cues. 90% of the time they are Chinese junk that someone bought at a department store. I can recognize a poorly made stick and I can recognize well built up to a point.

I recognize some names like Muecci, Viking, Players, McDermott, Dufferin, thats about it. I've either owned or known someone who has one of them.

High end cues, no flippin clue whatsoever. When Dean advertised the Jackpot cues, I didn't know that was the name of the cue maker.

You could hand me a Balabuska and if the name isn't on it, I would have no idea. I've only seen a couple in the last few weeks looking through the for sale section. There was one my local craigslist, so I looked the model up to check for new price.

I apologize to Dean for calling that stick ugly. That's much too harsh and wrong. It is just the thread on it I don't like, everything else about the cue looks good.
The cue HAS A VERY VISIBLE "TASCARELLA -IN BLACK- BETWEEN THE POINTS-in a clear MAPLE NOSE
NO WAY NOT TO KNOW WHAT CUE IT IS-
Also,
Deano gave us all description of PLAIN JANE EBONY NO WRAP JACKPOT CUES He listed-
Sorry,
But no MISTAKING WHAT KIND OF CUE IT IS"

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You do know that the cues with George Balabuska signature are reproductions.
Real Buskas are unsigned.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
You do know that the cues with George Balabuska signature are reproductions.
Real Buskas are unsigned.

Exactly...

Every time I see/read someone say/write something that indicates that he believes that the current Adams, Balabuska, reproductions, are genuine and actual original George Balabuskas, I want to explain the difference to them. But, there's just too many of them, people who have been fooled by a pretty effective marketing ploy.

Just to be clear: They are replicas......like Elvis impersonators...:wink:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lol, no I didn't. Highly doubt I'll even own a reproduction, of the few I've seen, not a fan.

The reproductions made by Adam in Japan are pretty good cues.
The ones being made now in China are not as good.
The difference in cost between a reproduction and a real one is about $10,000 or more.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jackpot cue is a cue made by Jack Potter. Dean shipped the Tasc to the wrong person by mistake and some on here have hammered him for it. Like they've never screwed the pooch. Hopefully the guy will do what's right and send it back. To not do so is complete bullshit. I'd like to think that AZ'rs are better than that.

Cool - I never heard of jackpot cues. I thought he had some sort of a contest and awarded a Tascarella to the winner.

Pretty big brain fart but it happens. I agree whoever got it should return it.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Cool - I never heard of jackpot cues. I thought he had some sort of a contest and awarded a Tascarella to the winner.

Pretty big brain fart but it happens. I agree whoever got it should return it.

Jack Potter formerly of Libra cues. Deano got him to come out of retirement to build some cues, so it's a brand new name.

strmanglr scott

All about Focus
Silver Member
That's amazing, 7,300 posts and 8.5 years, what exactly do you look at on AZ? Lol.

Just playin, but it really unbelieveable

I like the discussions about the game in general. How to get better, practice routines, strategy, safety play, things that happen during matches. That sort of thing mainly. I do post heavily in NPR. I do love pool though and play just about everyday.

I have no desire to own an expensive cue. Most of the cues I see, I dont like the looks they have anyway. Took me a long time to buy my first cue. Simple, pretty much all black cue. Cost me $230 and I thought that was a lot. When I shopped, i never really saw much over $1000(all production cues). I wasn't spending near that much. I figured about $400 was the very top for me. I couldn't afford anything higher. Now I can and it still doesn't interest me. I've been interested in The Pro Shaft for my cue and I've been contemplating it and trying to justify it to myself for about 3 months now.

Pwogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Jackpot sitting next to another Dean deal

Just read through this thread and like all of you, I'm feeling sick for Dean. If I ever find myself in a similar situation, hopefully I react with even half as much class as Dean has. Although I'm still kinda new, I'm happy to report that every deal I've done with an AZ member has been enjoyable and very smooth.
And since meeting Dean here I've done two deals with him. Even more meaningful than the cues is the manner in which Dean dealt with me. I look forward to getting in on many more Deanoc deals, mystery buys, and great conversation. Here's a few pictures of my 60in Jackpot sitting next to my new Runde, also from Dean...laid out in front of the Christmas tree, because why not.
And I know it's already been said, but these Jackpots do play extremely well. Couldn't be happier with it, and I'm looking forward to getting my hands on another.

Attachments

• Cues3.jpg
    Cues3.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 559
  • Cues2.jpg
    Cues2.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 566
  • Cues4.jpg
    Cues4.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 554
  • Cues1.jpg
    Cues1.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 568

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys might want to look closely at
the Runde,it has the old micarta joint
that is so prized

Thanks for the pictures and kind words.

People like Paul make this pool fun for us all..

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I like the discussions about the game in general. How to get better, practice routines, strategy, safety play, things that happen during matches. That sort of thing mainly. I do post heavily in NPR. I do love pool though and play just about everyday.

I have no desire to own an expensive cue. Most of the cues I see, I dont like the looks they have anyway. Took me a long time to buy my first cue. Simple, pretty much all black cue. Cost me $230 and I thought that was a lot. When I shopped, i never really saw much over $1000(all production cues). I wasn't spending near that much. I figured about $400 was the very top for me. I couldn't afford anything higher. Now I can and it still doesn't interest me. I've been interested in The Pro Shaft for my cue and I've been contemplating it and trying to justify it to myself for about 3 months now.

Strong Man Galore Scott:

I feel you. I am a die hard pool fanatic but know next to nothing about cues and without this thread I’d have no idea I had something other than the jackpot (if I was the guy). Though if it had a signature I’d definitely be googling it.

I’m always fascinated when someone shows a cue and people are showing up saying it looks like this or that makers work, naming pieces of the cue that are done differently, all these joint types I don’t understand lol. I guess if you’re really into things you get to know a lot about them and all the nuances but to others it’s just a cue, car, knife, etc.

Rusty Melton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just received a cue from Dean and wondered if it would be a Tascarella when I opened the box, but unfortunately it wasn't. All I got was this old thing, thanks a bunch Dean! I hope you find your cue soon.
7cc8dab5ac91c30c78b637b102df5679.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk