Mini lesson with John = 120

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
For a second there I thought you were saying lesson with john = 120 bucks. I was seriously giving it some thought :eek: Anyway, amazing run. You're a lucky guy knowing john... but there's no way to luck in 120 balls. Think 150's on the way.

sausage

Banned
-Bill
You are correct sir, after I looked at the video the correct shot was to go into the 7 ball, than shoot the strip and than the 6 Good catch.

you may have had to come down on the cue a tad to catch that 7ball on the left side which would have added a degree of difficulty but would have also opened up that cluster. there is a another frozen ball in there pointed to key-ball position if the 7ball didn't get perfect. but even when you get into trouble, you work through it and get another break-ball. that's impressive.

Last edited:

sausage

Banned
Not side pocket shots. Shots that 9 ball players make more often than straight pool players, long spin shots going two and three rails for position.
i make those with regularity but miss gimmies. i find that they come up a lot in 14.1 when you have a ball down-table and must get back to the rack. for me, a low deflection shaft makes those long, spin-shots much easier.

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats Bill ! I just got here 4 hours ago so i did not get to watch it yet. anyway, no need to tell you that you are a hell of a player my friend. Yes, you sure are lucky to have John as your friend and mentor. But you 2 are both friends of mine now as well. I had a great time with you and John and the little lesson he gave me was cool. Hope i can get that 100 on tape as well soon...keep it up

Best to you guys ! Sascha

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
from now on im not spotting you as much for dinner .

I offered John to play him for a drink and he said no...why ? because i said he goes to 200 and i go to 50 ! lol....

You are a great guy in any way John. Thanks for teaching me a little bit, hope it will make me even better. I am happy that i can say you are a friend of mine.:)

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Great Run

Bill:
I'm sorry that it took me so long to get around to watch your video.
Great run. I really enjoyed watching it. If I ever go into battle, I want you right at my side. You can fight your way out of anything. That was some great shooting.
Good music. All great AM radio oldie's from the 60's. Brought back a lot of
memories from the 60's when I was a kid growing up in New York.
What artist sang that version of "Some Where Over the Rainbow" ? Really well sung.
I enjoy your comments, wish there were more of them. I have a idea that might be fun & interesting for us. Lets make a video of a 50 ball run or so and talk out loud what we are thinking (keeping it clean....LOL) and what we are trying to accomplish during the run. Almost like a player review. We are no John Schmidt's but it will be interesting to give it a try.
Maybe we can help out other players here on AZ including our selves.
I can hear your comments well even with the music, maybe turn it down a hair.
Anyways, 120 Ball Run. A lot to be proud of.

Last edited:

sausage

Banned
You can fight your way out of anything.

straightman: that's what i noticed. had i not known the ending, i'd have thought for sure that marop's run had ended on several occasions. but marop fights through it and makes a break-ball out of nothing. that would frustrate the heck out any opponent.

i remember playing one-pocket with a guy who played nothing else but. i played one-pocket only a handful of times. he'd have me to where he needed only one ball to win but the game dragged. he said; "you don't give up do you?" i replied; "but i can still win!" lol...

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Forget It......

Bill:
I enjoy your comments, wish there were more of them. I have a idea that might be fun & interesting for us. Lets make a video of a 50 ball run or so and talk out loud what we are thinking (keeping it clean....LOL) and what we are trying to accomplish during the run. Almost like a player review. We are no John Schmidt's but it will be interesting to give it a try.
Maybe we can help out other players here on AZ including our selves.
I can hear your comments well even with the music, maybe turn it down a hair.
Anyways, 120 Ball Run. A lot to be proud of.

You know that stupid idea that I had....... Forget it. It is super hard to do.
I have tired and let's leave it up to the Pros to do those type of videos.
It completely takes you out of your rhythm b/c you have to stop to talk
and explain where the cue ball is going to go & what you want it to do.
That video of Ray Martin, where he runs 98 balls and talks all threw the run is unbelievable. Let's leave it to greats like Ray & John and all the others.
I'm worn out.........

sausage

Banned
straightman: that's not a bad idea but it is difficult to do. that's why i think that we should not be afraid to simply comment on the shot selection on the vids. for me, that's the fun part. if someone here has ego issues and thinks that they can't learn from others, then fine. but after hearing about john's 366 on tape, we mere mortals should check our egos at the door.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
You know that stupid idea that I had....... Forget it. It is super hard to do.
I have tired and let's leave it up to the Pros to do those type of videos.
It completely takes you out of your rhythm b/c you have to stop to talk
and explain where the cue ball is going to go & what you want it to do.
That video of Ray Martin, where he runs 98 balls and talks all threw the run is unbelievable. Let's leave it to greats like Ray & John and all the others.
I'm worn out.........

i think the next time i get a nice run on video, i am gonna hook the microphone up to the computer and make my own player review. this way you guys can get into my head....And believe me there is plenty of room in there !!!!!! LOL

I Just know another 100 is coming soon !
Steve

as long as my shoulder holds out

sascha

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally watched the run. Bill you make this look easy, even the tough shots after you made a mistake here and there. Impressive straight pool and always a pleasure to watch.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
straightman: that's what i noticed. had i not known the ending, i'd have thought for sure that marop's run had ended on several occasions. but marop fights through it and makes a break-ball out of nothing. that would frustrate the heck out any opponent.

I found that out about Bill firsthand playing him down at Derby year before last. We had the straight pool room to ourselves and we were playing a game and he kept saying, "that's it, I got nothing". I'd get more interested, lean forward in my chair, start gripping my cue, and he'd make some circus shot. 10 balls later we would go through the same thing. I forget what his run was 40 or 50 in a diamond, but I finally just started telling him when he said he was stuck, "you'll find something, you always do"

h2o4170

h2o4170
Silver Member
Great run Bill.Your vidieos are great,the lighting,your table,and the music set a perfect mood and make the vidieos great to watch.Plus the ease at which you run the balls is amazing.Keep posting them I realy enjoy even the shorter runs.I always seem to come away with a new idea or strategy from watching. Great job and thanks.

Brad