The worst packaging you have seen for shipping a cue?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I will not mention the company because they made good... 4 house cues in a 4x4 cardboard box with a piece of 12"x12" bubble wrap around the 4 of them.

Jhunter354

Should be practicing
Silver Member
The worst... Dale Perry and Proficient Billiards. Triangle box.

The best.
Seybert’s.
Me... Extremely rigid tubes.

I agree with Proficient being subpar. When they repacked my shaft in the case I supplied, the shaft was in the slot for a cue butt so it just bounced around during transit. Just careless really.

Rusty Melton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a 10x10 Mcdermott hard case and it came shipped wrapped in nothing but old newspapers taped around it.

Mark V

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How about a 4 point 4 veneer with ivory spears and diamonds original it's George cue with 2 shafts. A small amount of bubble wrap and a triangle tube. Waited for over a year to see a fancy George cue come up for sale and that's how it arrived... I was hot.

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Picked up a cue on eBay a few years ago and it was shipped to me in a soft case with a zipper. No tape no nothing. Just the case. They taped a small piece of paper on it with my address. Cue was 100% fine when I unzipped it. Lol.

CalBlackSheep

Registered
My co-workers got me good today! They received my cue while I was busy working, took it out, smashed/bent the box, put a piece of black iron pipe back in the box, taped it back up, and then brought it to me like it was nothing. I was so scared I took this picture before even opening!
bf10955951349fc6871ecc4e39e0d7ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My co-workers got me good today! They received my cue while I was busy working, took it out, smashed/bent the box, put a piece of black iron pipe back in the box, taped it back up, and then brought it to me like it was nothing. I was so scared I took this picture before even opening!
bf10955951349fc6871ecc4e39e0d7ca.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
They got you good. I knew a neighbor that stayed home waiting for a delivery. I call and tell him this is UPS and have a damaged box with several pieces of broken wood, Is it insured and what should we do with it. He flies the fk off...then I say April fool. Calls me a 1st class you know what. Anyway he got me back..and good.

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
The packaging of all of the cues I've received has been good. The problem with 2 cues and my most recent one is that the postwoman has been too lazy to put the darn cue on my front porch. Here is where she dropped my last one next to the garage -- which happens to be a long way from my front door. Image1534302680.050630.jpg

_______

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Use pvc pipe in the triangle tube, 3" for butt and 2 shafts and 2" for butt and 1 shaft. Bubble wrap the cue and seal the ends of the pipe with tape. Costs a little extra but they can drive over the box and it will be okay

What diameter wall is the PVC?

I'm trying to find 1/8" thick, but the smallest I can find is 1/4".

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
My favorite is the loose cue in the box, rattling around on its way to you. I have gotten two or three that way, and I know their Pool IQ immediately

KCRack'em

I'm not argumentative!!!!
Silver Member
I had a Rauenzahn show up inside a tube with absolutely no packaging. I've have more than one package be delivered open with partial contents left in it. Both cases were poor packaging/tape jobs.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I will wrap each component in easy to remove bubble wrap, with the shafts and butt taped together I apply layer after layer of bubble wrap untill it's tight in the triangle box.
Sometimes I will used a round tube inside the triamgke but cx either way I havent had a need for PVC, and maybe once a year I get a cue inside PVC pipe.
Never had a problem, even when the triangle box was completely cut in half.
With all the cues I ship, I can't see the need to add more weight when my method works just fine.

I've gone through 3000 lineal feet of bubble wrap since June 2012 when I started selling off my collection, no issues.
Now I have built up a new collection while buying and selling cues. If you are going to do this stuff make a little investment for shipping supplies.
I've been using Amazon gift cards obtained from Visa reward points for my shipping supplies.

Last edited:

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
The worst... Dale Perry and Proficient Billiards. Triangle box.

The best.
Seybert’s.
Me... Extremely rigid tubes.

Triangle boxes don't roll around on the conveyor belts or roll off of something worse. That's a good thing.

More padding is always good and a label INSIDE the box so the re-wrappers can find you.

Jeff Livingston

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
cuz why not....:groucho:

Attachments

• 17523577_10208507364897462_7358317918528540948_n.jpg
    17523577_10208507364897462_7358317918528540948_n.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 131

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
greyghost it looks like all that needs is a fuse and a timer.

Never was wood with more explosive potential.

I didn’t post it because it’s the worst, Hell it was beyond quirky and perfect....I wouldn’t have expected anything diff....Dennis probably heard me cracking jokes about how gas stations and such places will have boiled eggs for sale that are shrink wrapped....I’ve seen fruit like that...come on it came into existence with its own dam wrapper lol.

He said someone might know him at postal service and what fool would steal some dowels just duct tapped and sharpied. Post man knows less than the wood butchers and he don’t need no stinking Lincoln logs...ain’t got no link in em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Triangular boxes are great.... as long as there is something inside the box to actually protect the contents.

This is the box from a shaft I bought on AZB a few years ago. The box had been ripped completely in half somewhere in transit and taped back together. When I pulled the halves apart and took the shaft out, there was roughly a 15-20deg bend in the shaft. Unfortunately I did not take a pic of the original bend, the only pic I have was after I tried straightening it by hand and was still pretty bent (5-10deg). I was able to get it closer with a homemade 'shaft straightener', but of course it would still show some major run out on a lathe if you chucked it up.

29127362017_ec04bb8c8c_c.jpg

29127361747_5163e90693_c.jpg

44015853632_2e952e7257_c.jpg

29127360637_8032e78ef2_c.jpg

44015852482_bf8d27ca66_c.jpg

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Haha good one mj

....damn GG I have to read your posts at least 3 times to figure out what TF you are saying. Bam it hits you... like those hand grenade jokes that get tossed. Or you been drinkin?

-Kat,

greyghost it looks like all that needs is a fuse and a timer.

Backpocket 1500

AzB Active Member
I received a long USPS priority triangle box and it was in the shape of a smile.
Curled up at both left and right side.
Cue forearm fractured top to bottom and clear through.
Like a submarine sandwich.

mamono

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I once bought a cheap cue off eBay because I wanted a 2nd shaft to a sentimental pool cue I have had from when I started shooting pool. The seller shipped the cue in a tube that was too short. To make up the short length, the seller lengthened the tube with computer paper stuffed with newspaper and wrapped in packing tape. It was a miracle that the cue arrived undamaged and straight, despite the paper end having been crushed during shipment.