Next great young player?

Jason Koopman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any predictions on the next "great young player"? Let me clarify, let's say under 25, and has the potential to be ranked #1 ON EARTH.

TheSleeve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For womens pool Briana Miller. I think she is only 14 and recently finished 9-12th in the last WPBA event in TN.

Glendale

Banned
Any predictions on the next "great young player"? Let me clarify, let's say under 25, and has the potential to be ranked #1 ON EARTH.

Word on the street....there's a kid from the projects in Brooklyn, only 5 years old. He ran 168 playing straight pool on a double shimmed gold crown!

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Hard to predict...may be really great at 14, but then become not willing to put in the hard work required to reach the top level. At that age, goals and desires can change so quickly. As they should, if you ask me. If you can't experiment with a variety of activities when you are young, when can you?

TheSleeve

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK guys, I meant the "next" great player. Last one that has accomplished this is Shane.

You asked us who we thought would be the "next great young player." So thats what we are doing telling you who we think is going to a great player in the future. Some like Shane is already a great player and everyone knows it. So that is not guessing that someone is gunna be a great player it is already known.

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Ok, since he/she can be under age of 25.

Women - Jasmin Ouschan

For men there are several great talents. Here are a few that comes to mind.

Germany - Thomas Luttich, Nico Wehner and Dominic Jentsch were the three guys I thought of first. All those have great potential, and I wouldn't be surprised to see one of those being ranked in the top sometime.

Austria - Albin Ouschan Jr (Jasmin's brother) definitely has the potential, but I don't think he has his head on the right place, and lacks the motivation needed...

Ukraine - Artem Koshovyy. Shoots perfect with both hands and is a world beater already. Will win a major tournament someday. Mark my word.

Russia - Chinahov Ruslan. Will be in the top if he just continue with what he is doing right now.

Philippines - Johann Chua. This is by far the longshot of the guys I have mentioned, but I can't help love to see this young guy play. He is 16/17 now, and I think that he can become one of the next big things from Philippines. I would also like to mention Carlo Biado here, who is 23/24 I believe. He is already beating Efren, Django, Gomez, Lee Van, Shane etc in tournaments and money-matches. Definitely a possible #1.

dr2112

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Austin Murphy was making quite a bit of noise at 15 yrs old. But, there is a lot of up and coming talent.... Damn to be young again eagle eyes and fearless. :eek: Too late for me

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
I believe it will be Blanket Jackson (Michael's son), he always has the whole table covered.