CTE In The Mosconi Cup

JC

Coos Cues
Hey, everyone usually learns from their mistakes and what can be improved. The Truth Series videos are all brand new and going to go along with the new book.

He had never done a DVD or youtube videos before. There's a learning process.

I'd be willing to bet every penny I have you aren't making cues the same way now as you did in the beginning or even in the last few years.

I checked out your website and shop pictures. You have a helluva lot of different wood and equipment in there. Not something you would have in the beginning or the first couple of years. Not to speak of the mucho dinero invested in it.

What you're doing and what Stan is doing are both building processes and learning processes to create a better mousetrap. Natural steps to progress and nobody should be blasted and vilified for pouring their time, heart and soul into something that will help the masses in the world of pool. (or anything)

Well hopefully Stan learned to turn off the music in the background when he's trying to explain something. The video has a torturous way of grinding on your last nerve as you watch it due to this.

JC

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Well hopefully Stan learned to turn off the music in the background when he's trying to explain something. The video has a torturous way of grinding on your last nerve as you watch it due to this.

JC

I guess it depends on one's taste in music. He plays a good bit of Blues which I'm a big fan. There have been times for me when I got so much into the music and had to go back to listen to what he said because I missed it from liking what I heard.

I'm certainly glad he isn't into Opera, some morbid Classical stuff, and especially rap.

Last edited:

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope this is not too bad of a thread hijack, but doing a search on CTE is a chore. I will be happy to delete if it is a problem for OP.

I am an average league banger, I ain't gonna scare anybody on the table, but I can run a rack every once in a while in league play. I feel I have a pretty good stroke and have been working tirelessly on position play. I miss easy balls way too often just by misjudging cut angles or not "seeing" the correct contact point.

So there is a ton of CTE stuff from a ton of different people posted on the tube....it is easy to get overwhelmed. Even some of Stan's videos are confusing because in some he is doing left sweeps, full tip pivots, and in others he is aiming with the inside of his nose. :eek:

IS there a good place to start for someone willing to give CTE a good faith effort? I wouldn't mind buying DVD's, but I don't even own a DVD player anymore. I have a home table and usually practice about 2 hours a night.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I hope this is not too bad of a thread hijack, but doing a search on CTE is a chore. I will be happy to delete if it is a problem for OP.

I am an average league banger, I ain't gonna scare anybody on the table, but I can run a rack every once in a while in league play. I feel I have a pretty good stroke and have been working tirelessly on position play. I miss easy balls way too often just by misjudging cut angles or not "seeing" the correct contact point.

So there is a ton of CTE stuff from a ton of different people posted on the tube....it is easy to get overwhelmed. Even some of Stan's videos are confusing because in some he is doing left sweeps, full tip pivots, and in others he is aiming with the inside of his nose. :eek:

IS there a good place to start for someone willing to give CTE a good faith effort? I wouldn't mind buying DVD's, but I don't even own a DVD player anymore. I have a home table and usually practice about 2 hours a night.

With no DVD player and watching youtube videos hit or miss out of sequence, I'd say your best bet is to wait for the book and new youtube videos which will compliment each other.

Do what you're now doing until then.

JC

Coos Cues
I guess it depends on one's taste in music. He plays a good bit of Blues which I'm a big fan. There have been times for me when I got so much into the music and had to go back to listen to what he said because I missed it from liking what I heard.

I'm certainly glad he isn't into Opera, some morbid Classical stuff, and especially rap.

It wasn't the genre of the music but the volume. It was very distracting from what he was saying.

JC

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hooray for Tyler!!! Hope he shoots lights out and helps bring home the cup! From what I have seen he is a pretty good dude! Best of luck to him and the rest of the team.

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I couldn't care less about a player's aiming method. If it works for you...

In https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MITZX-LZ_I you can see HEAVY pivoting (back hand english?).

He's doing prestrokes and then pivots.
And for that reason, I don't like it for me. I keep a Snooker stance, I keep 3 contact points to my body and I always stroke the same direction.
So no pivots for me!

Cheerio, good luck on the MC - we Europans will spank your asses again :D
And that is no reason that we cannot party together, have great matches and people meeting!

**** patriotism, let's do great stuff together!

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't know about any of this. I just watched the Styer kid play a match on youtube and frankly didn't see anything resembling a pivot on any shot. I guess I really don't understand CTE cuz I thought that was in there somewhere.:confused:

JC

I've noticed the same thing in matches. But he does do a final outside pivot on every 45 shot Spider linked to on that snooker table. He's either pivioting to a final ccb or pivoting away from ccb applying inside english. Not sure which, but that outside pivot is obvious just before he strokes the shots.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've noticed the same thing in matches. But he does do a final outside pivot on every 45 shot Spider linked to on that snooker table. He's either pivioting to a final ccb or pivoting away from ccb applying inside english. Not sure which, but that outside pivot is obvious just before he strokes the shots.

Tyler Styer, demonstrates a 45 and outside manual pivot on a 6X12 golf table (snooker table with smaller pockets). Tyler is a CTE Pro One Instructor from Milwaukee Wisconsin.

That's the purpose of the demonstration.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Tyler Styer, demonstrates a 45 and outside manual pivot on a 6X12 golf table (snooker table with smaller pockets). Tyler is a CTE Pro One Instructor from Milwaukee Wisconsin.

That's the purpose of the demonstration.

Yo, Cookie! Did you see the thread on the main forum about Landon? Great read!

Here it is: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=441966

They were all hoping Landon would come back to get in top form for the MOSCONI CUP.

Now wouldn't THAT blow the minds of all the 20 year knockers and current bashers!

THERE WOULD BE TWO PLAYERS ON THE MOSCONI CUP USING CTE! Tyler Styer and Landon Shuffett. Maybe one or two more since there are a couple of pro up and comers who have been getting training and loving every minute of it.

You know, the AIMING SYSTEM that can't possibly work and will NEVER work because it's not mathematically correct and impossible to begin with. LMAO!

Look, 2D drawings clearly show it's impossible along with a crew of 4-6 whiz kids on AZB giving their all knowing opinions year after year. ROTFLMAO!

Amazing how they actually think screaming and crying to the top of their lungs like a baby in a crib is going to influence the millions of pool players across the world to NOT get involved because THEY in all of their infinite wisdom as hack pool players know what is best. Yep, under 10 of them against the world which includes pro players who use it.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yo, Cookie! Did you see the thread on the main forum about Landon? Great read!

Here it is: https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=441966

They were all hoping Landon would come back to get in top form for the MOSCONI CUP.

Now wouldn't THAT blow the minds of all the 20 year knockers and current bashers!

THERE WOULD BE TWO PLAYERS ON THE MOSCONI CUP USING CTE! Tyler Styer and Landon Shuffett. Maybe one or two more since there are a couple of pro up and comers who have been getting training and loving every minute of it.

You know, the AIMING SYSTEM that can't possibly work and will NEVER work because it's not mathematically correct and impossible to begin with. LMAO!

Look, 2D drawings clearly show it's impossible along with a crew of 4-6 whiz kids on AZB giving their all knowing opinions year after year. ROTFLMAO!

Amazing how they actually think screaming and crying to the top of their lungs like a baby in a crib is going to influence the millions of pool players across the world to NOT get involved because THEY in all of their infinite wisdom as hack pool players know what is best. Yep, under 10 of them against the world which includes pro players who use it.

Yes i did. Having personally met Landon and then following his journey on facebook i couldn't be more proud of him. What a fine young man Stan and Connie have raised. Landon has his priorities together and we as pool players and fans can only hope that he works pool into his busy schedule.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Yes i did. Having personally met Landon and then following his journey on facebook i couldn't be more proud of him. What a fine young man Stan and Connie have raised. Landon has his priorities together and we as pool players and fans can only hope that he works pool into his busy schedule.

I don't know how I managed to miss this one but there were actually TWO CTE PRO PLAYERS in the final 8 for the Mosconi Cup.

Tyler Steyer AND Brandon Shuff. He's a definite CTE Pro1 user also.

More are coming and as you know, THAT'S A FACT!!

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know how I managed to miss this one but there were actually TWO CTE PRO PLAYERS in the final 8 for the Mosconi Cup.

Tyler Steyer AND Brandon Shuff. He's a definite CTE Pro1 user also.

More are coming and as you know, THAT'S A FACT!!

And Matt Krah, who has a full time job, is taking down some real nice tournaments up in the North East.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
And Matt Krah, who has a full time job, is taking down some real nice tournaments up in the North East.

Good for him especially as a working man. There are a number of other pros who have committed 100% and are all in with lessons taking them now and scheduled into next year.

What do you think pro players know that forum amateurs don't?