Pool Table Cover

gatorcc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am trying to find a heavy duty pool table cover. It has to withstand cats! Right now my table is covered with a thing vinyl cover and about 3-5 inches of blankets to protect the cloth from the cats. The cats are family and there is no way to keep them off the table.

Does anyone have a heavy duty pool table cover they could recommend?

Thanks in advance....
Gator

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
A trip to the fabric store for some heavy duty linen.

You might have to sew it yourself, otherwise you can use some tarps from the construction store.

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought mine on E-bay. Do a search there. I'm certain you'll find one that will fit your needs.

Baby PacMan

My bias makes me RIGHT!
Silver Member
I had this exact same problem. Here's what I have. A Hood pool table cover. When I realized our cat was jumping on the table I added a vinyl mat. I'm using the mat in reverse. The mat has spikes on the underside to help hold it in place. Our cat did not like the spikes at all, it taught her a lesson. But even if she stayed on it, I wouldn't care. The mat is very tough, the cat nails would never make it through. The reverse mat isn't very pretty looking, but I'd rather have it on there than have to shell out the money for Simonis from a cat claw rip.

TheOneGnat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They also make a dense foam mat that sits on the bed of the table underneath the cover. It makes the table even with the rails. Might work.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

btoneill

Keeper of the Cheese
Silver Member
One of the covers designed to allow the table to be used as a, normal table (ie dining room table).

Brian

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Just make sure you check all the pockets well before covering;).

Attachments

• cat%20in%20pool%20table.jpg
    cat%20in%20pool%20table.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 369

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
I got this one from PoolDawg made of heavy duty vinyl. It is heavy duty, not a cheap thin cover, and it's not the kind of material my cat wants to scratch, claw or kneed.

Very reasonable too at less than $50. Way nicer than the thin cheap covers.

http://www.pooldawg.com/product/9-foot-heavy-duty-pool-table-cover

These covers from the AZ Marketplace appear to be pretty much the same thing. They are a few bucks more but may actually be a little cheaper since it qualifies for free shipping right now. They are available in more colors than the PoolDawg one if your table is in the house and the wife is picky:

http://www.seyberts.com/catalog/Pro_Series_Pool_Table_Covers-131.html

------

BTW, here's a tip in case you need it. When I first got my table my cat was interested in scratching the legs. The first time he even started to try I scared him off and put some cardboard boxes underneath the table. If he is going to scratch anything he is much more interested in the cardboard than the table legs. My table is in the garage (and there's no pet door) so he's not in there unless I'm out there with him.

Last edited:

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My wife made mine from denim. We have a Maine Coon cat, he's huge:D, and a female tabby.

seb1899

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought an inexpensive tarp at Lowes for my table cover. They are cheap enough that you can trim it to fit if you want:)

desmocourtney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got the Pro series from Seyberts. It does not come close to fitting my Gold Crown. Measure twice, order once.:embarrassed2:

Going with a Hood cover.

cigardave

Who's got a light?
Silver Member
Diamond logo covers are heavy duty... but pricey.

I bought a black one for my 9' Pro Am.