Who's attending the us open

ShaunR

Registered
I just thought it would be a nice idea for all those who are attending to make themselves know within this thread, what type of tickets you have purchased and where bots in the world your from ... so I'll start

Hi everyone I'm Shaun and I have a VIP ticket for the entire tournament and I'll be travelling from England

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Hi everyone I'm Shaun and I have a VIP ticket for the entire tournament and I'll be travelling from England
I'm Bob and I'll have a press pass and I'll be there for the whole thing and I'll be travelling from the People's Republic of Berkeley.

Last edited:

Poolfiend

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm Kevin. Thinking about driving down from SLC. If I make the trip I would buy the VIP pass. Would be my first time for this event and I would only be able to stay Sunday and Monday.

For anyone who has been in the past, are the first two days good days to be there?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Hi, it's Stu. I'm coming for the last three days only and I have a VIP pass.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... For anyone who has been in the past, are the first two days good days to be there?
There will be a lot of the weaker players still in, but if there is a particular strong player you want to see, he is guaranteed to be there. With 32 tables going, there's bound to be a couple of good matches all the time.

In the early 90s I went to the Reno Open a couple of times hoping to see Efren play but I got there the final days and he was in the losers' bracket and I only got to see him play one match.

Just before the Open, there is the WPA Players' Championship which ends on Friday. It is at Griff's.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just thought it would be a nice idea for all those who are attending to make themselves know within this thread, what type of tickets you have purchased and where bots in the world your from ... so I'll start

Hi everyone I'm Shaun and I have a VIP ticket for the entire tournament and I'll be travelling from England
If you want to go hit balls i like this spot: http://www.mickeyscues.com/

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Griffs then Mandalay

Motel 6, free parking wifi, pool and a short walk to Mandalay. Mandalay charges $15 ea day parking, even if your at their hotel.

Last edited:

Poolfiend

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There will be a lot of the weaker players still in, but if there is a particular strong player you want to see, he is guaranteed to be there. With 32 tables going, there's bound to be a couple of good matches all the time.

In the early 90s I went to the Reno Open a couple of times hoping to see Efren play but I got there the final days and he was in the losers' bracket and I only got to see him play one match.

Just before the Open, there is the WPA Players' Championship which ends on Friday. It is at Griff's.

Thanks Bob - good call. Now that I think about it I have an old friend who is playing so being there early will guarantee I get to see him play.

Reno Open brings back memories. I played in that event about 10 years ago.

beetle

Do I bug you?
Silver Member
I'm going (and playing) and will be there the whole time. I got two general admission tickets with my entry. I'll be one of the lowest rated players in the tournament, so extremely doubtful that I'll be on the tables much, but looking forward to seeing some great champions up close. I'm staying at the Mandalay so I don't have to commute.

july9x

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

How do you do!

I am July and I will be facebooking/youtubing this event via internet.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm Kevin. Thinking about driving down from SLC. If I make the trip I would buy the VIP pass. Would be my first time for this event and I would only be able to stay Sunday and Monday.

For anyone who has been in the past, are the first two days good days to be there?

Nobody’s been there in the past! This is the first year under new management, new format, New location,biggest baddest field ever!

Hi, I’m Freddie! I’ll see you all Wednesday through Friday, the knockout stages!

Poolfiend

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you think there will be any mini tournaments going on or available tables for practice and gambling at the venue? Or would you need to go to Griffs or other off-site location?

ShaunR

Registered
I would of thought any action will be done off site at a local pool hall such as Griffs due to the vast amount of people ( fans and players ) and also the TV cameras that will be on site as well

ShaunR

Registered
Is anyone travelling to the Open from the New York area ??? The reason I ask is I desperately want a steinway patch for my cue case and Im travelling from England to attend the Open and was wondering if someone would be kind enough to pick one up for me

Many thanks

gypsy_soul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you think there will be any mini tournaments going on or available tables for practice and gambling at the venue? Or would you need to go to Griffs or other off-site location

Griffs is open 24hrs till the end of April so that's the spot ! Can't wait it's my first Open as well and so looking forward to playing some strangers, who is first ? I can come in early this week I'm hanging out in Prescott Valley camping and riding bikes . ⛺🌵🏊🏽🍺🎣💯... PM me let's play some nineball or one pocket ... If nothing else let's all do an AZ meet up for a couple cold ones .

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I’ll be missing the action gypsy. All the times it was in Virginia Beach like 3 hours away and I didn’t even play pool, now I’m all over it but it’s way out across the way. I’ll play ye one day if you come to the Middle East

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be there Mon-Thur, staying at the Luxor, just next door and they have a walk way where you don't have to go out side to get to the Mandalay Bay. Hope to see some friends from the Derby Days.
Tom