Centennials or Super Pros

sdello

Registered
My brother has a Brunswick Prestige table that came with centennials whenit was new in the late 70's early 80's. The balls are all yellowed. I want to get him a new set. Everything I read says that Aramith currently makes the centennials for Brunswick and they are the same balls as the Super Pros, just more expensive because they're for Brunswick.

I hate to spend money uselessly but one side says he'd prefer to keep the table all "Brunswick".

What do you guys think? Should I get him the Super Pros or buy him new Centennials? FWIW, a local billiard supply store (and Brunswick dealer" doesn't even sell Centennials only the Aramith branded Super Pros. Are centennials passe?

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Nope , Cents are not yesterday. They are still very cool and many of us prefer them for the graphics. I like the looks of the Cents myself. Love the darts around the number and the numerals on the white part of the high balls and not on the stripe. This allows the tradition of spotting balls with the plain stripe horizontal (number face up) to the table bed so there is no reference point when shooting a spot shot (Of course, who shoots spots shots anymore :(). The thing the Super Pros have going for them is the numbers are bigger so are easier to read, if that matters. Other than the graphics they are indeed the same ball.

Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Get the Centenials. They will 'match' the table better. Also some people just don't like change.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can occasionally find new centennials online for under 200, so they are not that much of a premium over the Super Pro's.

King T

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You cant go wrong

I have both sets, but I came up playing with the cents so I sue them more, if your brother is a young cat he might like the new look, if he's old school I'm sure he'll like the cents.

TXsouthpaw

My tush hog
Silver Member
+1 for the cents also. I've owned both and I just like the cents better.
They may cost a little more but for the length of time your gonna play
With them it really isn't that much of a difference.

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just be patient and creep around in the Wanted/For Sale forum and on eBay. I bought a set of unused 20+ year old centennials on eBay for under $100 shipped. If you posted a thread saying you want centennials, you'd probably get several decent offerings.

Good luck!

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
I've had Centennials on my table for years and I like them a lot. I'm used to the look and its classic. I recently switched to the Aramith Pro Cup cue ball which plays well with the Centennials.

James

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
This is probably the best advice so far.

Just be patient and creep around in the Wanted/For Sale forum and on eBay. I bought a set of unused 20+ year old centennials on eBay for under $100 shipped. If you posted a thread saying you want centennials, you'd probably get several decent offerings.

Good luck!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

i think cents play a hair better, not much difference but a very little. I like them much better.

and if you know the little trick about hte 2 markers in the black circle around the number you can't spot a ball wrong either, just need a line from the spot back to the center diamond, then when you set the ball down line up the 2 little hash marks straight witht the number facing up and center the hash marks on the line on the cloth and there is no beef where to spot the ball. cant do that with armith's

sdello

Registered
thanks for all the replies. I bought myself the Super-Pros and I like the graphics, but you guys are convincing me that I should get him a new set of centennials.

Bobo

Registered
Worth the extra

I agree that the Centennials are worth the little extra. We always encourage people to go ahead and spend a little more up front to get matching equipment and furniture (same brand), and always go ahead and pay for the upgraded equipment, especially what you play with. Go Centennial.

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Centennials,I got super pros with my table because they were cheaper (with table) and I've regretted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you want to torture him a bit, get the Aramith Tournament set, toughest ball set to play with IMHO, cueball is really hard to move, you need about 10-20% more stroke to execute with that set.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Super Pro's by a mile.

to me, the Cenntenials cue ball plays a little different. I grew up on superpro's and just got adjusted to them better.