The perfector?

peter_gunn

])3a]) s']['rok3
Silver Member
The PERFECTOR is an interwoven sleeve worn on the cue, that expands and contracts with the motion of the shaft. Now every player can master the Standard Closed Bridge. With the Perfector your stroke will never be smoother. Friction, moisture, powder mess and drag will immediately be eliminated. The Perfector will increase your accuracy and consistency -- instantly! For the perfect stroke every time!

Players tip: The PERFECTOR is an ideal tool for breaking the rack where fast and powerful smooth stroke is required for the winning break. No more burned fingers from unsmooth shaft.

perfectorb.jpg

Is this product still available?

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Looks like good old the stuff car guys put on their hoses and plug wires when they can't afford real braided. Would check summit or jeggs. We used to use some that was even fireproof on racecars to keep the header temps from getting at the plug wires. If it is the same stuff you could likely make 20+ of em for 20-30 bucks

Shaft

Hooked and Improving
Silver Member
This is essentially an alternative to a glove, but the "glove" has been transfered to the shaft and not worn on the hand.

I am a strong proponent of the benefits of gloves. I am never embarrassed to wear one. But, this looks like a good alternative to me.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
As of last year, Blatt Billiards in NYC still had them. I just stick with buying packs of ten pool gloves on ebay. They're cheap enough that I don't give a second thought on losing or leaving them behind.

peter_gunn

])3a]) s']['rok3
Silver Member
As of last year, Blatt Billiards in NYC still had them. I just stick with buying packs of ten pool gloves on ebay. They're cheap enough that I don't give a second thought on losing or leaving them behind.

I have one the pefector. First time i seen this in Joe Tucker DVD "racking secrets"
It's very good for me when i break from the box. I have very long folow on break shot, i pull through complete shaft and ~10cm below joint :D
Without perfector i burn my skin :(
I want to buy more of these, but i can't find any info on the internet :(

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Back when I was first learning to play, there was an occasional player in the PH who made his own "perfector" by getting a paper towel from the rest room and wrapping it around the stick and then making a closed bridge around the paper tower. The regulars all thought he was a goof-ball but I've been known to use the idea when conditions get real sticky.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Back when I was first learning to play, there was an occasional player in the PH who made his own "perfector" by getting a paper towel from the rest room and wrapping it around the stick and then making a closed bridge around the paper tower. The regulars all thought he was a goof-ball but I've been known to use the idea when conditions get real sticky.

or if you want to be a pimp you use a hundered dollar bill lol

i may start carrying one of those Gold $500 dollar monopoly bills......then pay off with a pink 50 lol

-Grey Ghost-

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
The PERFECTOR is an interwoven sleeve worn on the cue, that expands and contracts with the motion of the shaft. Now every player can master the Standard Closed Bridge. With the Perfector your stroke will never be smoother. Friction, moisture, powder mess and drag will immediately be eliminated. The Perfector will increase your accuracy and consistency -- instantly! For the perfect stroke every time!

Players tip: The PERFECTOR is an ideal tool for breaking the rack where fast and powerful smooth stroke is required for the winning break. No more burned fingers from unsmooth shaft.

perfectorb.jpg

Is this product still available?

I had several of them in Pool School. I actually played with them as a test. I like them. Would like to have some more.....randyg

RichLec

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So i emailed a couple websites that advertised these at one point. MonsterCue and Pro9.co.uk Pro9 does not carry them any more and monstercue only has a stock of them at their singapore store. Both sites say that it is not manufactured anymore.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Randy...Many years ago, I gave the inventor of this product a pool lesson in Chicago. At the time he was looking for a way to get it marketed. I turned him on to Meullers and they sold them for a long time. Not sure what happened to them. I still have a couple hanging around somewhere. They were only sold for a couple of bucks, so the guy had to sell a million of them to make any money.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I had several of them in Pool School. I actually played with them as a test. I like them. Would like to have some more.....randyg

Big Dave

Pool Hack!!!
Silver Member
The Perfector

Yes, we used to stock these, but our supply dried up... A quick bit of research shows that the joint registered inventors (Tommy Walker and Lee-ann Sue Larson) both originally resided in Chicago - I'm putting out some "feelers" to see if there are any more available, but I think we all know that the answer is going to be negative unless we're really lucky.

PerfectorPoolPlayer.jpg
PerfectorPoolPlayer002.jpg

ThePerfector001a.jpg
ThePerfector002a.jpg

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As someone mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, I believe the product is just cleverly marketed PET sleeving. I have 20 feet of what I feel would be the right size in my garage, and would be happy to send someone 4" or so to compare. If the world is looking for these, and the supply is short, my garage may be a goldmine!

RichLec

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As someone mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, I believe the product is just cleverly marketed PET sleeving. I have 20 feet of what I feel would be the right size in my garage, and would be happy to send someone 4" or so to compare. If the world is looking for these, and the supply is short, my garage may be a goldmine!

Send some out to Joe T. I am willing to bet he is willing to test it against the one he has.

Just sent Joe T a pm about these last few posts.

Last edited: