opponent kept shooting good shots and getting a bit of luck

I broke down and felt sorry for myself

Soon I missed every shot I got

I had already beat this guy 3 times in the last 2 weeks

who can understand pool?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
It’s like trying to understand life, Dean.

Now, get back on the horse

So many variables. Tired, muscle memory. Over practice. Mental. Etc etc etc. when I am on I am on. When I am off I am really off. I played practice matches the other day with a REALLY good player that spots me the 7 out. I beat him 6 straight games. With no spot. The universe is weird.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bummer

Being mentally defeated is the worst. Work it out and get the "Pinoy" attitude and mind set. They shrug the loss off, as they know losses are a part of the game they have chosen.

They know they will miss shots and make shots, loose games and win games, loose matches and win matches. But, in the end, they will win more then they loose and they accept it as part of doing business.

I think that attitude, mental mind set and long term out look sets them apart from other players in other countries.

I played in a small 8 Ball tournament last night at one of the local pubs, because my new Diveney LD Kiel Wood shaft arrived. I won and the tables remind me of why I would suck at golf. Almost to the man there were reasons why they missed shots and lost.

Every game I have lost was because the opponent out shot me. Granted, some times I make it easy for them do to playing poorly, but in the end they still out shot me.

I shrug losses off as a part of my pool life and it makes pool a lot more fun.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Getting your teeth kicked in, especially from someone you think you are supposed to beat, sucks when it happens but is one of the best things for my physical game once I get over it mentally. The beat just forces me to work harder so that next time when we play, even with him getting the rolls, he still needs a ball and a miracle.

see my disclaimer.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These last two responses are filled with cynicism
especially hard to take from my old friend adam

thanks for all the responses

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's that game

It's that game you play, one pocket. You have to think too much playing
that game, and it's a well known fact that thinking is a very unnatural
thing for us Oak Cliff guys. It's one thing that has always bothered me
about you. I've seen you do it on many occasions , when there is no
reason to. I'll bet you never saw me doing it, and that's the why I still
have a full head of hair. I have no idea where you picked up that habit
none of us other guys got hooked on it. Oh sure I tried thinking once but it
upset my stomach and made me dizzy, and I said never again. So wise
up, play 9 ball and stop thinking.
jack

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Was just a bad day. You’ll get him next time. Breath deep. Relax. Think Controlled Aggression. Back on your feet soldier. You don’t quit. We will slap you if you feel sorry for yourself. Please don’t say you don’t deserve the Balabuska.

Last edited:

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this tuff luv is what i needed
i have a new cue on order now

i need to get back on the horse that threw me

my main problem is deciding which advice to take first

changing cues is the easiest advice

so anyone needing a beautiful cuewith an extension for the ridiculous price of only $476 please respond

you don't need pictures,you don't need a description,all you need to do is contact me for a cue that has won 6 times before losing this once

this cue is so far out it will attract action like a magnet

funny thing the cue plays great at 58 inches,but with the extension
it seems too long

the cue is sold
a new cue arrives tomorrow

i will probably play better now that i have sold that cue that dogged all those shots
o,happy day

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Last edited:

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since 9-Ball may be just the thing you need, how about a set of Raschig 9’s for your new game choice Dean - to go with that new cue and new table? At least you’d have a table AND balls destined to be a hit with friend and foe.

You’ll also need amazing props for the pics surely to come when that table arrives soon, right?

Oh wait - you don’t take pics. Never mind that last part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

td873

C is for Cookie
Silver Member
who can understand pool?
Only Filipinos understand pool. If you change your citizenship, you get a little manual on how to beat pool. It also has a section on all the pool gods and what kind of sacrifices they need. For example, the god of straight back banks requires candles lit in a square 3 nights in a row, and you have to sit in there and chant which pocket (left or right) you want for like 3 hours each night. You can get both in 6 days. Not too bad if you ask me. I got my manual at birth, and I'd let you borrow it, but there's a bunch of rules and permission slips and some kind of 10,000 steps thing (I didn't pay attention to the requirements).

-td

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Use the government solution to all problems...throw money at the problem.

Oh wait...sounds like you did that.