Does anyone have a copy of CTE PRO ONE?

pacman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I need a copy, preferably DVD 2. I'll buy, loan, steal it, whatever I gotta do lol. Thanks for helping out!

us820

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My comment is that I learned how to shoot by trial and error.Some guy showed me cte after I was already a 7 and I think it works pretty well.I sometimes use it as a double check on a cut I’m a little iffy on.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
....You can have it.

I would like to have it if you are finished with it.

Hey, while you are giving stuff away, Im looking for the following:

Rubiks cube
Fuel filter for a 1983 Black and Decker weed eater
Boardwalk piece from last years McDonalds Monopoly game
Jar of homemade apple butter (if your grandma didnt make it, I dont want it)
Paw Paw fruit
My soul (I lost it in Florida sometime in the mid 90s.)

If you have anything on the list, let me know and Ill pay at least half the shipping! :thumbup:

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I 'm sorry I don't have any of the things you are looking for.
I do have a gift subscription to "Fun at the Nudist colony" .
And some used 10 w 30 motor oil, you are welcome to .

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey, while you are giving stuff away, Im looking for the following:

Rubiks cube
Fuel filter for a 1983 Black and Decker weed eater
Boardwalk piece from last years McDonalds Monopoly game
Jar of homemade apple butter (if your grandma didnt make it, I dont want it)
Paw Paw fruit
My soul (I lost it in Florida sometime in the mid 90s.)

If you have anything on the list, let me know and Ill pay at least half the shipping! :thumbup:

I do have a rubiks cube, and I live in FL so I'll keep an eye out for your soul.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's get a review?
What did you think?

2nd DVD

Production is excellent.
Stan is a quality teacher.

I purchased the DVD when I was interested in aiming systems. I'm not anymore which is why I don't mind parting with this DVD. The information taught is useful if you put in the effort, but it's certainly not going to happen overnight. There has also been plenty of debate on whether it's 100% objective. Personally I do believe the subconscious plays a much larger part than users care to admit. However, that doesn't take away the pros of the system.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
There has also been plenty of debate on whether it's 100% objective.
I haven't seen any real debate about that - just some folks making that claim and others pointing out that it's logically impossible (for the past 20 years or so).

Nice of you to pass the DVD along.

pj
chgo

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I haven't seen any real debate about that - just some folks making that claim and others pointing out that it's logically impossible (for the past 20 years or so).

Nice of you to pass the DVD along.

pj
chgo
Two decades or so ago, they kept arguing there are only a few shots and the system is SIMPLE.
Decades and two DVD'S later, a few hundred pages of of book is coming.
PS
They even claimed Efren and Parica went to see a magical aiming guru.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Glad you got hooked up. CTE is the nuts. Work through the DVD slowly and once you start to see the lines properly it will feel like magic. But it's not a magic bullet. It's a method of perception that IS incredibly accurate for guiding the player to the perfect shot line.

It might be frustrating at first. The terms are new, the concepts are going to seem strange. Some people "get it" right away and others take a bit more time to work through it. The end result is that you will immediately see the alignment to almost every shot which goes directly to a pocket.

You still have to have a good straight stroke. In fact it becomes even more important because once you're on the correct shot line it's easy to throw the cueball off of that line.

I know that very well as I played a set of one pocket where I was at that moment thought of as a "poster boy" in defense of CTE and I failed miserably when my stroke was all over the place.

The real "poster boys" of CTE who do have laser straight strokes cannot get played by any of the critics of CTE because the result is predictable and they can get no backing. So make sure your stroke is good and if so CTE will become an incredibly accurate tool in your box.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Glad you got hooked up. CTE is the nuts. Work through the DVD slowly and once you start to see the lines properly it will feel like magic. But it's not a magic bullet. It's a method of perception that IS incredibly accurate for guiding the player to the perfect shot line.

It might be frustrating at first. The terms are new, the concepts are going to seem strange. Some people "get it" right away and others take a bit more time to work through it. The end result is that you will immediately see the alignment to almost every shot which goes directly to a pocket.

You still have to have a good straight stroke. In fact it becomes even more important because once you're on the correct shot line it's easy to throw the cueball off of that line.

I know that very well as I played a set of one pocket where I was at that moment thought of as a "poster boy" in defense of CTE and I failed miserably when my stroke was all over the place.

The real "poster boys" of CTE who do have laser straight strokes cannot get played by any of the critics of CTE because the result is predictable and they can get no backing. So make sure your stroke is good and if so CTE will become an incredibly accurate tool in your box.

lol. Yes, I was on the other side of that set and all I heard, for months during the run up, was how you’d prove, once and for all, the magical wonderfulness of “the system.” There was *never* any qualifiers uttered about needing a laser straight stroke to make “the system” work. You were just going to pound me, a feel player, into the ground with your “system.”

The problem is that “the system” is marketed to Average Joes, not pro level players with “laser straight strokes.” And frankly, if you have a laser straight stroke, you don’t need “the system” in the first place.

Lou Figueroa

dealerphil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, yes, and Absolutely YES!

CTE has been the absolute best method for me to "KNOW" that I am on the correct shot line. I am not guessing or guestimating anymore.

I had a high-quality player lose his mind recently because he couldn't tell me how he "knew" where to hit the ball.

Without CTE, aiming, ultimately is guesswork. With CTE you know the shot line.

Why does it work? Fundamentally, it is a mathematical ratio that will determine which pocket the ball will track toward. For instance, (1) pivot / fraction / perception will follow this line. (2) pivot / fraction / perception will follow that line. The table size (2:1) and balls are a constant which allow for the repeatable ball movement.