Shane runs over Ko

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Nobody's going to run over Ko right now, unless he completely folds, and I don't see that happening. He was so strong against Wu, it was amazing and he's played like that the entire tournament. Shane is playing great, and I'm rooting for him to win, but still winning 11-1 in alternate break format is not just running over your opponent, it's your opponent folding like a cheap lawn chair. You give a pro 5/6 breaks with a magic rack in 9 ball and he wins one game?! That is not pro level performance. You'd expect them by default to run at least 2 games out of 6, even under pressure. BNR of 30 or even 40 percent with magic rack in 9 ball is not out of the question for a top pro in fact in the end stage of a tournament like this, I'd expect that or better. And of course every time you run one, you gain a chance at more...And the break is an advantage, even playing safe. Ko will be the ultimate test for Shanes nerves. I expect it to be a great match.

Last edited:

POOLGODBEWITHME

Tom "B" player
Silver Member
Ko didn't get ten breaks

Nobody's going to run over Ko right now, unless he completely folds, and I don't see that happening. He was so strong against Wu, it was amazing and he's played like that the entire tournament. Shane is playing great, and I'm rooting for him to win, but still winning 11-1 in alternate break format is not just running over your opponent, it's your opponent folding like a cheap lawn chair. You give a pro 10 breaks with a magic rack in 9 ball and he wins one game?! That is not pro level performance. You'd expect them by default to run at least 3 or 4 games out, even under pressure. Ko will be the ultimate test for Shanes nerves. I expect it to be a great match.

They played 12 racks. That's 6 breaks each. Shane broke nearly perfect every rack. Ko could not get a shot after the break cause he was not controlling the one and the cue ball. He also didn't play very well on top of that. I was watching big Ko's match after Shane won and he wasn't breaking very good either but was able to shoot well after the break. I'm rooting for Shane.

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
They played 12 racks. That's 6 breaks each. Shane broke nearly perfect every rack. Ko could not get a shot after the break cause he was not controlling the one and the cue ball. He also didn't play very well on top of that. I was watching big Ko's match after Shane won and he wasn't breaking very good either but was able to shoot well after the break. I'm rooting for Shane.

I corrected my math, before I saw your post. Was a bit fast, there. I was thinking about how it would translate to breaking 11 or 12 times and I got mixed up:), lol. I agree that controlling the one is important, but that is what skill in 9 ball is. The break is HUGE in rotation games.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go, Shane "Captain America" Van Boening!

Attachments

• svb.jpg
    svb.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 669

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
I think what will decide this match is who can keep his focus. Shane cannot let up, not even a little bit against Ko. I've never seen any player be as mentally strong as Ko, except maybe Souquet. Shane has got all the tools, and a big, powerful game that I love to watch. Can he keep it together? That is the question.

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That be Little Ko. Big Ko may not be as easy. But if SVB plays loose, it will put plenty of pressure on Big Ko. If Shane has an early mistake it could turn bad. He doesn't recover quickly with slow play. Patience will be key.