Can you spare $5 to help a fellow pool player battle cancer?

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
I just found out last night Janet Atwell is in a battle for her life from breast cancer, went through grueling Double Mastectomy and some lymph nodes removed in the process. When she recovers and gains some strength, she'll probably have to go through chemotherapy too...:(

I know lately, AZ Forum has had many "Sponsor Me" threads, but this, you can't blame me for asking. Plus, I know we are special community that always looked out for fellow pool players trying to make it's means...

Janet has most toughest battle ahead and it would be nice if she could worry about just that! Not how and where she's going to cover the medical expenses...

Her good friend Dawn has set up a fundraiser site: https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/fZ6Z5?psid=6013259553234954ba9b234b883496e2

Please, contribute if you can. Every little bit adds up!

** I know Janet personally and my heart goes out to her and her closest. She's got a loving heart and was never afraid to give help to another.

I pray for her speedy recovery and to kick that cancer free from her life.

Thank you for reading.

S. G.

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
Donation sent. Need to keep this on 1st page on the forum. Johnnyt

Thank you, everyone for your generosity! Most of you don't even know Janet, but I do. So let me share something about how wonderful of person she is.

I first met her at one of the Regional Tour when I 'used' to play a lot! She was WPBA Pro and played in qualifiers too.

I looked up to her because she was warm and very genuine. She wasn't like some Pro ladies I met who was reserved to their own cliques... She welcomed me with open arms into her circle and often gave advice about the game freely and to anyone. That really impressed me!

I don't know why this is one of the most memorable moment for me because it really isn't that spectacular but it stands out.

I had lost a hill - hill match by dogging the 9 and my opponent then sank the 9 effortlessly. I was torn, crushed and quite upset. I think it was for a qualifier or a match away from it.

Janet came to me as I was racking my brain about what I did wrong, she said, "I saw the miss, it was a tough shot, but makeable. You didn't do anything wrong. You stayed down, focused and followed through smoothly... You just missed the ball." I know, it sounds really weird but that one sentence relieved me. Maybe it was way she said it. I could hear in her voice that she felt bad for me and I knew she really cared!

That is who Janet is.

S. G.

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Thanks sunny. Going to send some Janet's way.

At least we know that the money is going to a good cause and will be appreciated.

Hoping that she will be back at the table in no time.

Sunny, Janet has a genuine welcoming smile so its very easy to believe your story about her.

Last edited:

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
From Facebook .....

Screen Shot 2013-08-02 at 11.29.03 PM.png

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good Morning Janet.... get well soon.

Folks, let help this young lady get back up & get back into the swing of things. She is a JEWEL among us.

Those that can help this worthy cause can send money or products for the auction to;

Borderline Billiards
628 State St
Bristol, TN 37620

Lets all say a prayer for this wonderful young lady....

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Kick butt Janet! I tossed a few into the pot too - but only because you're so good looking. ;)

Get well!!!

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
I will either be going up for the tournament or I will donate the entire expense to the fundraiser... Since I am not really playing much anymore I am thinking it might be better to just toss $200 in the kitty but then I wouldn't get to go visit... Being from the south we tend to like going to visit so it's a tough call... I haven't been to Janet's since coming home from the Open maybe 2 years ago =(

Janet has always been good to me when I have been to her room and seeing her in Tunica brought a smile to my face like it always does....

She didn't mention a word about what she was going thru but anyone who knows here wouldn't be surprised.... Janet never complains and always goes out of her way to stop and make everyone seem important...

Thanks for posting this up Sunny I hope everyone can reach into their pocket and scrounge up a bit of cheese... Medical expenses are a tough nut and while she does have the room in Bristol it's definitely a labor of love and not making her a fortune.....

Chris

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will either be going up for the tournament or I will donate the entire expense to the fundraiser... Since I am not really playing much anymore I am thinking it might be better to just toss $200 in the kitty but then I wouldn't get to go visit... Being from the south we tend to like going to visit so it's a tough call... I haven't been to Janet's since coming home from the Open maybe 2 years ago =(

Janet has always been good to me when I have been to her room and seeing her in Tunica brought a smile to my face like it always does....

She didn't mention a word about what she was going thru but anyone who knows here wouldn't be surprised.... Janet never complains and always goes out of her way to stop and make everyone seem important...

Thanks for posting this up Sunny I hope everyone can reach into their pocket and scrounge up a bit of cheese... Medical expenses are a tough nut and while she does have the room in Bristol it's definitely a labor of love and not making her a fortune.....

Chris

She didnt find out til after Tunica. She had the Operation maybe 4-5 days after she found out. It was all very quick. Imagine one day everything is good and 5 days later you've had this. Brutal