OB Plus Shafts...

freedog69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Having Mike D onboard now has he been instrumental in the design of a new break cue or any other products being created by OB. I just got my first OB and love it. I can't wait to get one of the new shafts. I think I might go with the Classic Pro +. I currently use the Classic it seems a bit thick for me. I used to use a Z2. Thanks for coming on here and answering all our questions. You definately seem like a customer oriented company unlike others...

twal

"W"
Silver Member
As has been stated, the Classic and the Pro are solid through the middle of the cue shaft, but the OB-1 and OB-2 have a noise dampening core......

The Classic and Pro are solid.

Royce

Okay so you say the claissc is solid.
To me they felt rubbery...ish

Do you anticipate the new plus shafts will fell the same as the classic or not?

RBC

Deceased
Okay so you say the claissc is solid.
To me they felt rubbery...ish

Do you anticipate the new plus shafts will fell the same as the classic or not?

Twal

Well, the newer shafts feel a little more firm, or more like a solid maple shaft. Especially the Classic and the Pro. The new ferrule and carbon fiber pad design on them helps too.

As to the original Classic and Pro feeling "rubbery", I'm not sure what to tell you. They've been out for several years. We've talked with tons of people about them and never heard them described like that. My initial response is that something was wrong with the one you tried. Or maybe the tip was brand new and needed to be played in. I really don't know. But, I would certainly like to see you try them again. And I would certainly recommend that you try the new + shafts.

Royce

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Twal

Well, the newer shafts feel a little more firm, or more like a solid maple shaft. Especially the Classic and the Pro. The new ferrule and carbon fiber pad design on them helps too.

As to the original Classic and Pro feeling "rubbery", I'm not sure what to tell you. They've been out for several years. We've talked with tons of people about them and never heard them described like that. My initial response is that something was wrong with the one you tried. Or maybe the tip was brand new and needed to be played in. I really don't know. But, I would certainly like to see you try them again. And I would certainly recommend that you try the new + shafts.

Royce

When and where can we buy the OB-2+

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Twal

Royce

Will I be able to get a 3x8/11 Classic or Classic Pro right off the bat when they ship out?

I really have to say thank you to you. I love everything I've had from you guys and it's been just a pleasure playing with anything.

I had an OB2 about a year ago and I played with it for 6-8 months then went back to a solid maple shaft.

Ended up going back to a shaft from you guys after talking to Chris Renfro about it at the Derby and hearing his take on it.

Played with the Classic after re-adjusting to a thicker shaft and really loved how much more solid it felt than the OB2.

Now I'm back to a solid maple shaft but I'm going to get a Classic + for my new bar beater if I can get a 3x8/11 black collar one.

But again thank you for changing it up and improving an already great product.

oldgame

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are there any new butts coming out with the new shafts? If not can you order an ob122 with a new + shaft as soon as there availible.

Last edited:

Dave Mackay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm looking forwards to trying these shafts out soon. I've been using OB for a long time now and don't think that will be changing any time soon.

aquaurchin99

Let's Make A Deal
Silver Member
I'm stoked!! Can't wait to get on back on the OB train! Goodbye Predator!!

So glad I live 10 minutes from OB.

Last edited:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
OB Cues

Over 18 month time period
A customer bought a OB Classic shaft from a cuemaker. in less then a year the shaft split at the joint. Customer takes the shaft back to the cue maker. Cue maker tells the customer that he needs to talk to OB cues for warranty.

Customer really doesn't have time to mess with it and felt like he was getting the run a round.

Customer sends the OB shaft to me to see if I can repair it.

I called OB cue's to check on the warranty, because the shaft was bought from the cue maker the owner nor me can not file a warranty claim, only the cue maker could and he pass this mess over to the customer.

So the customer losses his entire investment plus the cost of having me repair the shaft
Just because the cuemaker wouldn't call OB cues he didn't buy factory direct.
I have repaid the shaft and I am working on another shaft for the customer.

I think this mans shaft should of been replaced by the cue maker and OB cues,
Instead all he got was worthless warranty and a delaminated laminated shaft.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
A customer bought a OB Classic shaft from a cuemaker. in less then a year the shaft split at the joint. Customer takes the shaft back to the cue maker. Cue maker tells the customer that he needs to talk to OB cues for warranty.

Customer really doesn't have time to mess with it and felt like he was getting the run a round.

I called OB cue's to check on the warranty, because the shaft was bought from the cue maker the owner nor me can not file a warranty claim, only the cue maker could and he pass this mess over to the customer.

So the customer losses his entire investment plus the cost of having me repair the shaft

MMike,

Based on the situation you described, it sounds like the cuemaker bought a partial from us which is unfinished at the joint. The shaft then split at the joint. We do not warranty joint work done by another cuemaker and I don't believe anyone else does either. If the cuemaker builds the joint end and that is the end that has problems then the cuemaker needs to stand by his work. If we send out a shaft that is finished 100% and we did the joint work and the shaft fails at the joint end then we cover it (as we should).

I think it is unreasonable to expect one cuemaker to warranty another cuemakers work and it sucks that the customer in this instance did not get satisfaction. My suggestion to the customer is to contact the cuemaker and ask them to make it right. If they would like to contact me and give me the details of who they bought our shaft from then I would be happy to call the cuemaker and encourage them to make right on the transaction.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

RBC

Deceased

MMike

Providing warranty coverage on Partial shafts is a little cumbersome, and can get confusing. Shane is correct in that we don't warranty the joint work done by another cue maker. I don't think anyone would.

The real question here is what is actually wrong with the cue shaft?

Let me give a quick run down on our warranty and how it applies to partial shafts.
1. All warranty of OB Cues products is administered and managed by us. The process is explained on our website, and requires the product be sent to us for inspection.
2. The warranty extends to the first retail purchaser only. In the event a retail buyer purchases a cue shaft from a cue maker, the first retail buyer is the one with the warranty. If that cue shaft was originally a partial, then OB Cues warrants the cue shaft and not the work performed by the cue maker.
3. Once sent to us, we will inspect the cue shaft and determine if it's defective. If the product is defective, it will be repaired or replaced with the same item that was originally purchased. So, if the original purchase from OB Cues was a partial and it can not be repaired, then it will be replaced with another partial of the same model. In the case where a cue maker has performed the custom joint work, then the buyer and the cue maker will have to work that out.

If the original buyer believes that this cue shaft is defective, then he should send it to us. We have a product return form on our website and complete instructions. Upon receipt, we will inspect the cue shaft and contact the customer with our findings.

We simple can not make any warranty determinations over the phone. To do so would require far too many assumptions. With the issue you have described, it's possible that the cue shaft is defective. It's also certainly possible that it's not. It's also possible that the issue is a defect in what the cue maker who installed the joint did. We simple can not tell without inspecting the cue shaft.

All of our personnel are trained that if the customer thinks the cue shaft is defective, to have them send it in for inspection. Without that, we can not go any further.

So, if the customer is the first retail buyer, and they think the cue shaft is defective, then they should send it in to us. We would be more than happy to get a look at it and do what we can to help them. But, we can't do anything until it gets here and we can inspect it.

As Shane mentioned, and is always the case, feel free to call us if you have any more questions.

I hope that helps.

Royce Bunnell
972-578-9100

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
OB shafts

MMike

Providing warranty coverage on Partial shafts is a little cumbersome, and can get confusing. Shane is correct in that we don't warranty the joint work done by another cue maker. I don't think anyone would.

The real question here is what is actually wrong with the cue shaft?

Let me give a quick run down on our warranty and how it applies to partial shafts.
1. All warranty of OB Cues products is administered and managed by us. The process is explained on our website, and requires the product be sent to us for inspection.
2. The warranty extends to the first retail purchaser only. In the event a retail buyer purchases a cue shaft from a cue maker, the first retail buyer is the one with the warranty. If that cue shaft was originally a partial, then OB Cues warrants the cue shaft and not the work performed by the cue maker.
3. Once sent to us, we will inspect the cue shaft and determine if it's defective. If the product is defective, it will be repaired or replaced with the same item that was originally purchased. So, if the original purchase from OB Cues was a partial and it can not be repaired, then it will be replaced with another partial of the same model. In the case where a cue maker has performed the custom joint work, then the buyer and the cue maker will have to work that out.

If the original buyer believes that this cue shaft is defective, then he should send it to us. We have a product return form on our website and complete instructions. Upon receipt, we will inspect the cue shaft and contact the customer with our findings.

We simple can not make any warranty determinations over the phone. To do so would require far too many assumptions. With the issue you have described, it's possible that the cue shaft is defective. It's also certainly possible that it's not. It's also possible that the issue is a defect in what the cue maker who installed the joint did. We simple can not tell without inspecting the cue shaft.

All of our personnel are trained that if the customer thinks the cue shaft is defective, to have them send it in for inspection. Without that, we can not go any further.

So, if the customer is the first retail buyer, and they think the cue shaft is defective, then they should send it in to us. We would be more than happy to get a look at it and do what we can to help them. But, we can't do anything until it gets here and we can inspect it.

As Shane mentioned, and is always the case, feel free to call us if you have any more questions.

I hope that helps.

Royce Bunnell
972-578-9100

Dear Shane and Royce
I think its a damm shame the customer is unhappy..............................................
Regardless who's fault it is the customer got burnt and will never buy a OB shaft again.
I can understand your position on this, but if this is the case then allot of buyers need to know that you will not warranty any of your shafts if they don't have some kind sleeves or collars on the joint......

The shaft was a sleeveless or collarless shaft on a sneaky pet 3/8 x 10 g 10 pin.
It had delaminated in 3 different places from the threaded area, across the face and about 1.5 inches from the joint area of the shaft on the inside and out.

I called you guys about getting warranty and asked to speak to Royce because we have talked here on AZB and because you defend your products as being of the highest standards...................... and I got the impression that you guys go the extra mile for your customers, in this case that is exactly what would of been needed to make this customer no to loose faith in your products. Sad to say Royce wasn't in and the person I talked to said they wouldn't warranty the shaft and that was no reason for me to talk to you about this warranty claim.

I don't know why this customer every got a sleeveless or collarless OB shaft that the warranty would of been voided from the first time it ever got screwed on to the butt section.
No one would never buy the most expensive laminate ld shaft in the world , and not want some kind of product support or warranty.

There is no questions, the customer already got the answer

Warranty denied

daylate$short

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cuemaker's problem

Mike: After reading this thread through your post #94, it sounds like you're in the middle of a problem that could have worked out better, if the cuemaker who originally "jointed" the partial shaft had just sent it back for a warranty determination by OB.

I agree the cue owner got the short end, but, it seems reasonable that OB would need to actually SEE the shaft.

It is too bad you weren't able to talk to one of the owners at OB when you called, but I don't think that would have been entirely necessary, as their Warranty guidelines are on their website for all to see. Including the requirement that the shaft would have to be returned for inspection.

It has always appeared, to me, that Shane and Royce do all they can to provide the utmost in Customer Service (if given the chance).

Charlie

RBC

Deceased
Dear Shane and Royce
I think its a damm shame the customer is unhappy..............................................
Regardless who's fault it is the customer got burnt and will never buy a OB shaft again.
I can understand your position on this, but if this is the case then allot of buyers need to know that you will not warranty any of your shafts if they don't have some kind sleeves or collars on the joint......

The shaft was a sleeveless or collarless shaft on a sneaky pet 3/8 x 10 g 10 pin.
It had delaminated in 3 different places from the threaded area, across the face and about 1.5 inches from the joint area of the shaft on the inside and out.

I called you guys about getting warranty and asked to speak to Royce because we have talked here on AZB and because you defend your products as being of the highest standards...................... and I got the impression that you guys go the extra mile for your customers, in this case that is exactly what would of been needed to make this customer no to loose faith in your products. Sad to say Royce wasn't in and the person I talked to said they wouldn't warranty the shaft and that was no reason for me to talk to you about this warranty claim.

I don't know why this customer every got a sleeveless or collarless OB shaft that the warranty would of been voided from the first time it ever got screwed on to the butt section.
No one would never buy the most expensive laminate ld shaft in the world , and not want some kind of product support or warranty.

There is no questions, the customer already got the answer

Warranty denied

MMike

I really am a little surprised.

First, there is nothing in our warranty, or in anything we say that would tell anyone that we won't warranty a cue shaft because it has no collar. Period!

I'm sorry that you didn't get to visit with me, but the outcome would not have been any different. First, I would have been very reluctant to discuss it with you because you were not the owner of the cue shaft nor the person who performed the joint work. The most I might have done was to ask your opinion on whether or not the shaft was defective. If you had said "yes, I think it is defective", then I would have asked that you have him send it in for us to look at. Either way, I would have not given any position on warranty without looking at it. I'm sorry, but that's the only way it can be, and it's only logical.

If you were told "we won't warranty the shaft" it's only because we can't make that determination without inspecting it. We simply do not make assessments over the phone. It makes zero sense to do so.

The owner still has warranty on his cue shaft. He (or she) can still send it to us for a determination on warranty. I would be happy to look at it myself, even though I'm not usually involved in this, and post my findings here in this thread.

We stand behind our products 100%. We are very proud to say that we have, at least what we consider to be, the best customer service in our industry. We work very hard to do what is right. Will we please everyone, unfortunately no. But, we make sure that we've done all the we can to do so.

I urge you to have them send it in. Or have them give us a call. They can email me at rbunnell@obcues.com and I will work with them directly.

As it stands with this predicament, we are still at the very first step that is required for us to help a customer. And that is for the cue shaft to be sent to us to look at.

I'm hoping this leads to a good ending. I like happy customers!

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
the sahft

MMike

I really am a little surprised.

First, there is nothing in our warranty, or in anything we say that would tell anyone that we won't warranty a cue shaft because it has no collar. Period!

I'm sorry that you didn't get to visit with me, but the outcome would not have been any different. First, I would have been very reluctant to discuss it with you because you were not the owner of the cue shaft nor the person who performed the joint work. The most I might have done was to ask your opinion on whether or not the shaft was defective. If you had said "yes, I think it is defective", then I would have asked that you have him send it in for us to look at. Either way, I would have not given any position on warranty without looking at it. I'm sorry, but that's the only way it can be, and it's only logical.

If you were told "we won't warranty the shaft" it's only because we can't make that determination without inspecting it. We simply do not make assessments over the phone. It makes zero sense to do so.

The owner still has warranty on his cue shaft. He (or she) can still send it to us for a determination on warranty. I would be happy to look at it myself, even though I'm not usually involved in this, and post my findings here in this thread.

We stand behind our products 100%. We are very proud to say that we have, at least what we consider to be, the best customer service in our industry. We work very hard to do what is right. Will we please everyone, unfortunately no. But, we make sure that we've done all the we can to do so.

I urge you to have them send it in. Or have them give us a call. They can email me at rbunnell@obcues.com and I will work with them directly.

As it stands with this predicament, we are still at the very first step that is required for us to help a customer. And that is for the cue shaft to be sent to us to look at.

I'm hoping this leads to a good ending. I like happy customers!

Royce Bunnell
www.obcues.com

I called once and already told you guys what was going on.......

I was told no warranty......
the customer didn't buy factory direct and is not in your system.
the cue maker passed this mess over to the customer and refused to contact you over this problem.
and I was told by you guys that you don't warranty shafts that are collarless that are done outside your factory.

Are you going to warranty this shaft or not.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

the cue maker passed this mess over to the customer and refused to contact you over this problem.
and I was told by you guys that you don't warranty shafts that are collarless that are done outside your factory.

Not sure what you expect them to do. Their policy is very clear. I think your cue maker, the guy that actually installed the joint, should be the one responsible. Predator would tell you the same thing.

I do have a question for you. When you acquired the shaft, was there a warranty card included? Did you register your shaft with OB when you got it? I registered my Predator over the phone. Registered my Viking through the mail. Its pretty much standard policy with most cue makers. Did your custom guy register the shaft?

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Wow dude, your very dense.

FIRST STEP......... Have your customer send in the shaft for inspection.

If they inspect it and reject warranty then at least you have something to ***** about

Last edited: