It's a bona fide miracle on ebay!!!!!!

hunger strike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A seller on ebay has come across ten or twelve star inlaid cueballs, all different and each subsequent one more fancy than the last. Cueballs that no catalog has ever shown nor has any collector ever seen. It's a true miracle! I wonder if he can cure this back pain as well. Anyone out there know any buyers who have bought any of that "rare" stuff on ebay? Wow, he is really good at finding rare stuff, and at finding catalog numbers and descriptions that make it all sound legit.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The seller onehole on ebay has come across ten or twelve star inlaid cueballs, all different and each subsequent one more fancy than the last. Cueballs that no catalog has ever shown nor has any collector ever seen. It's a true miracle! I wonder if he can cure this back pain as well. Anyone out there know any dunces who have bought any of that crap on ebay? Wow, he is really good at finding rare stuff, and at finding catalog numbers and descriptions that make it all sound legit.

So you are saying that this person is selling fake vintage balls?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Vin...ultDomain_0&hash=item2eb9e115a3#ht_2581wt_956

If I understand you then you mean to say that the seller is somehow counterfeiting old pool stuff, mainly balls, and passing them off as real?

And instead of using the styles and designs that are found in surviving catalogs he even goes so far as to just make up ball designs that no one can find in the existing catalogs???

Seems to me to be quite a lot of work for minimal return.

Pretty cool stuff though. I don't get the feeling that the seller is scamming. Maybe you can provide more proof or some personal story that helps us out????

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
He'll get what the market dictates. He's been selling some higher dollar antiques so who knows.
EDIT: I also don't think he's pulling a scam in any way either.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
It's all looking pretty spectacular to me but I'm no expert.

If you are doubting the authenticity of any of his items, can you shed some light on why that is?

Best,
Brian kc

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Sure is a hefty price for an old cueball ? Did the other side of the ball have the signatures of Mosconi, Hoppe, Greenleaf, Lassiter, and Worst? That would be worth $450, otherwise I don't think it is worth $45 :)

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The seller onehole on ebay has come across ten or twelve star inlaid cueballs, all different and each subsequent one more fancy than the last. Cueballs that no catalog has ever shown nor has any collector ever seen. It's a true miracle! I wonder if he can cure this back pain as well. Anyone out there know any dunces who have bought any of that crap on ebay? Wow, he is really good at finding rare stuff, and at finding catalog numbers and descriptions that make it all sound legit.

I am one of the dunces who has bought some of this stuff.
And being the idiot that I am , I also sold some of it later.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Go to Somalia, stand amongst some native tribespeople, and tell THEM that :thumbup:!!!

Maniac

I don't need to go anywhere. I have been penniless and homeless with no food in America. the solution to hunger is to eat. the solution to getting enough food to eat is the problem that people face in all countries to various degrees.

hunger strike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why don't you fill us in on what you bought...

I am one of the dunces who has bought some of this stuff.
And being the idiot that I am , I also sold some of it later.

I will tell you something about myself. There are about a half dozen guys in the country who have the most extensive antique pool ball collections and some unknowns are out there collecting too. The unknowns don't associate with other collectors, and just buy. What you need to know is that I get calls and emails every day regarding my breadth of knowledge regarding antique billiard items, mostly balls. I am as authoritative on balls as any person in the nation.
I don't want to get sued and I know the law. But I put this thread up for a reason. Buyer beware. Sometimes you are dealing with such a good artist that if you doubted the item a catalog page could just materialize as fast as a catalog nh-cc-42xxx ball circa 1842.

So let's hear about what you bought from ebay.... sorry if I implied that you are a dunce. I should not have said that.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Sorry for the sidebar, Hungarian Nut...

John, you knew damn well what Maniac meant, why do you constantly try to stir the $h!t ??

I was making a joke, jeez you people need to lighten up sometimes. It seems to be perfectly ok for you all to make jokes about "slave labor" in reference to me but it's not ok for me to use a little levity?

Let me say this and it's not a joke. IF anyone here is TRULY, truly honestly really, no bs, concerned about world hunger then they shouldn't be on here USING it to make their points in a stupid ambiguous discussion about the possible fakery of old balls.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
IF anyone here is TRULY, truly honestly really, no bs, concerned about world hunger then they shouldn't be on here USING it to make their points in a stupid ambiguous discussion about the possible fakery of old balls.

Who did that?

I was merely using a "little levity" myself concerning wasting a perfectly good miracle on something as lightweight as back pain. I even used the little "wink" and "thumbup" emoticons when I used my levity. These little visual aids USUALLY make it clear to posters that this is to be taken as a tongue-in-cheek comment.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to ALL and a Happy New Year too!!!

Maniac

Last edited:

Mickey Qualls

You study the watch......
Silver Member
Yeah... ok... you were 'making a joke'...

I don't need to go anywhere. I have been penniless and homeless with no food in America. the solution to hunger is to eat. the solution to getting enough food to eat is the problem that people face in all countries to various degrees.

Whatever you say...

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
And now......back the the original thread subject................

Sorry :sorry:!!!

Maniac

steveinflorida

Silver Member
Seems to me that I have seen cue balls with the star somewhere and long ago. Possibly an old billiard supply catalog. :confused:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Who did that?

I was merely using a "little levity" myself concerning wasting a perfectly good miracle on something as lightweight as back pain. I even used the little "wink" and "thumbup" emoticons when I used my levity. These little visual aids USUALLY make it clear to posters that this is to be taken as a tongue-in-cheek comment.

Anyway, Merry Christmas to ALL and a Happy New Year too!!!

Maniac

Yes I know that is why I said eating cures hunger. I thought I didn't NEED to add 15 smiley faces behind it....... does everyone always need to add a drumroll to indicate humor????

God I miss Doug. "It isn't any fun if you have to 'splain 'em" - Smorgassbored

He would have torn this thread to shreds with just a few words and had us all rolling.