Colorado pool rooms open when?

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was the real truth...

We were sold the lockdown as a means of flattening the curve. Not of shutting down the country until there is 0 virus.

but reality mutated to this...

If the entire country locked themselves away for a month this would be over with.

When ever there is no malice involved and the majority of both the rich & poor want the same path, that is undoubtedly the correct path. If you contest that, then you need to find your own path.

And since I know several people who are out of jobs and contemplating unethical incomes...

Code:
Come senators, congressmen, please heed the call
Don’t stand in the doorway, don’t block up the hall
For he that gets hurt will be he who has stalled

-Bob Dylan

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I will be there when the doors open. Will distance and cover when necessary. With ungloved hands will touch balls, rack and table, but will wash hands before scratching my ass...and after.

And promise you this, I will not taste the cloth or lick the balls.

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The 2007housing market crash wrecked many businesses and livelihoods, purely because of Wall Street greed.

The Great Depression wrecked a lot of livelihoods because of Wall Street greed.

A viral outbreak is hurting people and killing people, and now Wall Street greed is pressing for the country to reopen.

A bunch of whiny retirees are mad that they can't go have coffee with their friends and preventative measures are "an infringement of their rights". What about the rights of the people who aren't as "lucky" as you put it, and would be forced to go back to work since unemployment will be suspended if their state reopens.

If the entire country locked themselves away for a month this would be over with. People aren't taking this seriously enough until they pop up a GoFundMe for the funeral of their family member that just spent 12 days choking on their own blood in the ICU.

I can tell you that a pool hall is an incubator of illness, and waiting a month longer to continue to watch trends is not going to kill anyone or ruin the game. Finding out on the evening news that 100 or more people died as a result of rushing back to a pool hall may out it out of business, though.

I agree with everything in this post.

Like I said since lock down.....just stay freaking home so we can get this over with. We would be banging balls already and getting out of this like others.

States already opening but I have a feeling there will be another lock down.

I rather suffer a month then do two 2-month lock downs every year.

This country is still to divided even in a pandemic. I watch the news of foreign news outlet and they are more united then ever. While we're arguing over here and protesting. They understand the severity.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The notion that everyone isolating for a month- EVERYONE. 100%-isn't realistic, we know. It is a nod to the notion that a virus runs its course over a couple weeks and then the infected don't get it again, so it burns out in each home over the month when 100% of people are home.

The above would presume immunity is developed after infection and I dot think that has proven true, yet.

This was the real truth...
but reality mutated to this...
When ever there is no malice involved and the majority of both the rich & poor want the same path, that is undoubtedly the correct path. If you contest that, then you need to find your own path.

And since I know several people who are out of jobs and contemplating unethical incomes...

Code:
Come senators, congressmen, please heed the call
Don’t stand in the doorway, don’t block up the hall
For he that gets hurt will be he who has stalled

-Bob Dylan

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HAHAHAHAHAHA

You're so tough, going to face a viral outbreak wow.

If this was just "the flu" it would be a completely different story. We're going to learn from the side effects of this virus for years.

I laugh because you're saying that waiting inside for another month to see what happens is too heavy a cross to bear. Unreal.

there are a lot of people all over the country that are tired of the lock down.
Right or wrong they are fed up and i fear violence will break out.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
[/B]

there are a lot of people all over the country that are tired of the lock down.
Right or wrong they are fed up and i fear violence will break out.

They are fed up with being patient for the good of society and their communities? A lot of these same "patriots" also demand that stores don't serve people they are not comfortable with. As soon as the "patriot" is the affected party, the crybaby behavior comes out immediately.

A pretty disgusting sentiment that violence breaks out because people are grounded for a month while waiting to see if people will keep dying of a still unknown virus

You're welcome to justify your selfishness, but this isn't going away today "like a miracle" and the workers who have to work or go homeless are the ones who will suffer. I'm glad the genome can be tracked to see who gave it to who, because the liability suits for people infecting each other are coming and I will frankly laugh when the people protesting protective measures go bankrupt for their selfishness.

This is not to say that essential workers are bad for going to work, but we have a duty to help protect them if possible, and more crowds create more risk. I'll quote this in a month with a big "I told you so" when the infection rates are out of control and innocent people are dying because crybabies are bored.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Completely accurate.

It is very disappointing America can't/ won't pause for a short-term in the interest of the long-term good.

They are fed up with being patient for the good of society and their communities? A lot of these same "patriots" also demand that stores don't serve people they are not comfortable with. As soon as the "patriot" is the affected party, the crybaby behavior comes out immediately.

A pretty disgusting sentiment that violence breaks out because people are grounded for a month while waiting to see if people will keep dying of a still unknown virus

You're welcome to justify your selfishness, but this isn't going away today "like a miracle" and the workers who have to work or go homeless are the ones who will suffer. I'm glad the genome can be tracked to see who gave it to who, because the liability suits for people infecting each other are coming and I will frankly laugh when the people protesting protective measures go bankrupt for their selfishness.

This is not to say that essential workers are bad for going to work, but we have a duty to help protect them if possible, and more crowds create more risk. I'll quote this in a month with a big "I told you so" when the infection rates are out of control and innocent people are dying because crybabies are bored.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Completely accurate.

It is very disappointing America can't/ won't pause for a short-term in the interest of the long-term good.

It did pause, expanded unemployment benefits and eligibility for food stamps and other benefits (like freezing evictions).

Then Wall Street told the easily led that this shutdown is bad, and paid for the "Reopen" websites. Now benefits and insurance won't get paid if your state is open. Nothing more than flogging the poor to get those stock values back up.

This whole "Reopen" movement is just the continued display that we actually live in indentured servitude to the wealthy in this country.

But, but, muh freedom

Last edited:

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just for the record I still go to work every week day.
I work for what is classified as an essential business.
And I'm almost 73 years old.
I'm out there 5 days a week doing my small part to keep what is left of this economy going.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the way those people who are getting paid to stay home, or can afford to, are telling those who aren't getting paid, or can't afford to, to stay home.

Maybo those people should pass on some of their money to keep the others home.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A bunch of whiny retirees are mad that they can't go have coffee with their friends and preventative measures are "an infringement of their rights". What about the rights of the people who aren't as "lucky" as you put it, and would be forced to go back to work since unemployment will be suspended if their state reopens.

You totally missed my point. I am minimally affected by the lockdown because of being retired. Having the lockdown go 6 months would be no big deal for me. In fact I save a bundle by not being able to go out and eat. But I'm not going to sit here, insulated from any economic pain, and criticize people for not wanting to sit by idly as they are being financially destroyed.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm out there 5 days a week doing my small part to keep what is left of this economy going.

Good for you. And a greenie.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love the way those people who are getting paid to stay home, or can afford to, are telling those who aren't getting paid, or can't afford to, to stay home.

Exactly. For people who are in a fortunate situation, those stimulus checks are not really *needed*. And they should consider giving that money away to one or more local small businesses they like who are struggling just to survive.

The truly selfish ones are the people who are financially untouched by the shutdown and are happy sitting there fat, dumb, and happy, while people's lives are destroyed around them.

But now I see some are into Wall Street conspiracies. I'm kind of wondering how Wall Street is marshalling people all over the country from all walks of life to do their bidding.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

I hope you are getting the proper safety equipment and can be safe away from people. Are you in a retail or customer-facing role? How awful would it be if some child who whined about his league schedule brought this virus into your retail establishment and got you or others sick. What if it permanently damaged your lungs? Or killed you?

It's really happening out there and the measures that have been taken so far have put people in this lofty position of complaining about having to sit home for a month or two.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

What a genius, I already paid $18,000 in tax money to pay for billionaires to get bailouts and bonuses while they lobby to cancel the unemployment benefits that I gladly pay into.

You totally missed my point. I am minimally affected by the lockdown because of being retired. Having the lockdown go 6 months would be no big deal for me. In fact I save a bundle by not being able to go out and eat. But I'm not going to sit here, insulated from any economic pain, and criticize people for not wanting to sit by idly as they are being financially destroyed.

I'm not saying people shouldn't work essential jobs, and have made that very clear though you guys are apparently selectively not reading that.

The point is, if your state "reopens" and a bunch of people who were able to stay safe on unemployment are no forced between "go work in retail" or "go homeless" because of whiny old people who can't bear to stay home, their deaths should fall entirely on the "patriots" heads.

I think it is patently unfair to people who have to work that people who can stay home are choosing not to. Pretty disgusting indifference.

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

giphy.gif

ShootingHank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Completely accurate.

I read a lot of world news and other countries are united in solidarity and staying home. They are laughing at us right now. We are the epicenter and acting like it’s no big deal. We are all divided as ever. No support for one another while the support from other nations are overwhelming.

Neighborhoods in the UK stop what they’re doing and clap for health workers. I believe every night at 8pm everyone does it out of their window. United as they get.

While we have people complaining they can’t play pool.

I can’t stress this enough.

Stay safe and stay home.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope you are getting the proper safety equipment and can be safe away from people. Are you in a retail or customer-facing role? How awful would it be if some child who whined about his league schedule brought this virus into your retail establishment and got you or others sick. What if it permanently damaged your lungs? Or killed you?

It's really happening out there and the measures that have been taken so far have put people in this lofty position of complaining about having to sit home for a month or two.

I work in an office situation.
Only employees are allowed in the building.
Most of our people are working from home.
There are only 6 of us that have to show up every day.
I have a private office with minimal contact with others.
I feel pretty safe.