Linen, Leather, or no-wrap?

ddg45

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greetings all. This is clearly not a big deal, but I was wondering how many of you out there prefer leather or no-wrap cues to the standard linen. Most cues of course come with linen, but when I tried leather I much preferred the feel of that, and have now come to realize both leather and plain no-wrap cues feel better in my hand than linen, which feels a little too slick to me. What do y'all prefer? Just curious.
Thanks.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
ilke them all lately i have been playing no wrap

but i will always love linen

leather is too sticky for me most of the time

but i have 2 lizard segen cues that are really nice and
for sale

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Linen > Linen > Linen

I like linen wrapped cues when tightly pressed and smooth.

Ken

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Linen > Linen > Linen

I like linen wrapped cues when tightly pressed and smooth.

Ken

I like the linen nappy...old trick...rub slippery linen lightly with coarse sand paper.

Played with leather for a few years....too tacky when it’s humid...if I ever went back...
...stacked leather feels good.

Snooker and 3-C....wrapless.

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Linen > Leather > Wrapless

I have sweaty hands, linen is the best for me, especially for a long session. Recently got a pebble textured leather wrapped cue that I really like, it’s a better option for me then the smooth leather I had before. But when my hands are sweaty leather gets a little clammy. Wrapless is nice until my hands are sweaty and then terrible, but I do like it for a break cue just fine.

So, overall, I like all three okay and would be willing to buy a cue in any configuration, but linen is typically my first choice for a player. That being said...lately I’ve been playing with my leather wrapped cue because it’s new and I do like it quite a bit.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrapless or like Ken mentioned > Quad Pressed 'Carmelli' style flat Linen.

-Kat,

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greetings all. This is clearly not a big deal, but I was wondering how many of you out there prefer leather or no-wrap cues to the standard linen. Most cues of course come with linen, but when I tried leather I much preferred the feel of that, and have now come to realize both leather and plain no-wrap cues feel better in my hand than linen, which feels a little too slick to me. What do y'all prefer? Just curious.
Thanks.
Wrapless = no maintenance Ever !

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrapless is my first choice, then leather, don't care for linen. I would think most people started out with wrapless.

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My cue is with linen wrap, but I'll take the next with leather.

I can't stand a wrapless cue.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cortland Linen is my preference and if not Cortland, then Elephant Ear leather next and Kangaroo leather aftter that.

LeonD123

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrapless is better than anything else. Gives you the best feel of the cue.

This is why snooker cues are are wrapless.

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
I've been on a wrapless kick. Really wanting to get a full splice, veneered wrapless cue! That said, I like leather but don't care for the slick linen cues I've tried lately.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me, well pressed linen or elephant ear. Mike Capone cues had really well pressed linen wraps. Slip strokers can have a hard time with leather and wrapless if the conditions are too wet. For those who like a tacky linen wrap - an old trick was to rub down the wrap in a circular motion with wax paper prior to a match; but it wears off after one session, this will tack up a slick linen wrap temporarily.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Leather than wrapless. Won't ever see me own anything with Linen unless it's coated over wrapless. Linen is nasty & disgusting

Reactions: JC