Postive Covid19 Test at CSI / BCAPL event

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A message I try to live by is, "The more you give, the more you receive." I don't know why but living life this way has paid me dividends in the long run.

lovely motto and life style, jay..zen!
it might seem counterintuitive to some
"the more you give, the more you receive"
huh??
but if you think about it
there's a lot in that message

with all that's going on at the moment
our bodies might be distanced from what/who we're used to
but in our minds, we can go anywhere...
this situation could be a good opportunity
for us to "meditate" on things
get some insights on what we know
and what we don't

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I googled "Biden calls trump racist" and got a dozen. Did you spell Biden wrong or something?

Sent from the future.

hi logical
from my post:
"I searched and couldn't find any quote from biden called trump exactly a "racist"
(not recently, 2019 is a different story)"

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you. I feel like a voice in the wilderness on here sometimes. I see exactly what you are seeing. A tardy response and an ill prepared nation trying to play catch up right now. Yet, many are still downplaying this Pandemic that is right in our laps. It is only in its early stages now, but already the numbers are starting to multiply rapidly as testing becomes more available. A million or more could be infected here already, with millions more to come. True, most will survive, some after a long and grueling illness, but many others (thousands) will die.

By the end if this conservative estimates are 10% of 327 million get it. 3% overall death rate if we are lucky. 900,000. Will be 3 months till the all clear. So accept it, adjust and take care of yourselves.

Pray the drug regimens they are trialing help and before long there's a vaccine. Vaccine could take many months, but it can prevent this monster from coming back.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I searched and couldn't find any quote from biden called trump exactly a "racist"
(not recently, 2019 is a different story)
factcheck does mention biden calling trump's record "xenophobic"
the truth is there is often plenty of name-calling going on, from all sides
and I don't blame you for being cautious in trusting (especially online) sources
we should all be doubtful, look for facts, consult from many sources
and come to our own conclusions

fact check the factcheck is a great example:grin:
I've fact-checked them a few times and they're pretty good
they can come across as critical of trump
but honestly, 45 makes it easy with how much he talks
interestingly, factcheck was founded by wealthy and well-known republican backer, walter annenberg
but political ties aside, walter was a champion of education and philanthropy
and gave away a bunch of money to a diverse group of schools and causes

thinking of him reminds me how good it is to give
when we can, and whether it be money, time, or other resources
even just a kind thought might help
there are a lot of folks out there really going through it
let our collective adversity inspire us all to be caring for our fellow human
and we can get through this thing, together

China will pay dearly. Now is not the time. The world should put them on ignore.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
fact check the factcheck is a great example:grin:
I've fact-checked them a few times and they're pretty good
they can come across as critical of trump
but honestly, 45 makes it easy with how much he talks
interestingly, factcheck was founded by wealthy and well-known republican backer, walter annenberg
but political ties aside, walter was a champion of education and philanthropy
and gave away a bunch of money to a diverse group of schools and causes

That site, along with things like MSNBC and Fox News are "infotainment", you can read what that is here if you don't know...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infotainment

As far as I recall, it wasn't until the late 90's (98 I think) when it became a legal defense in the USA. In a case of Florida vs. Fox, Fox used it and it "flew" Ever since any political party you can think of has been using it. I wrote a paper on infotainment, addendum and other general misdirection in college for psych., it's not really an interesting subject though. It's basically the old don't judge a book by a cover or the tale of 2 fools and liar (or really 2 liars and a fool).

But yeh, it's infotainment. And for a solid 10 years in the USA (until the rising of social media) the general person was greatly mislead. But, since the term is now directly linked with "fake news" and actual sources can be checked (internet again), people are now figuring it all out, even though it is still persisting on for financial interests.

1 thing to keep in mind though, hard core journalists for any cause no longer believe a television, so keep on using the internet for the evidence on topics of interest because the truth no longer exists on television thanks to things like "infotainment". I just scour/scrap as many sources as feasibly possible for a given topic and find the common trend.

I also look for actual news, like what the oligarch capitalists did to Lula de Silva and what Israelis are actually doing to the Palestinians. Trust me here, the television is greatly misrepresenting the truth to people (GREATLY!).

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
hi logical

from my post:

"I searched and couldn't find any quote from biden called trump exactly a "racist"

(not recently, 2019 is a different story)"
2019 is the long ago past? Did you find any quotes where he said he was wrong?

Sent from the future.

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That site, along with things like MSNBC and Fox News are "infotainment", you can read what that is here if you don't know...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infotainment

As far as I recall, it wasn't until the late 90's (98 I think) when it became a legal defense in the USA. In a case of Florida vs. Fox, Fox used it and it "flew" Ever since any political party you can think of has been using it. I wrote a paper on infotainment, addendum and other general misdirection in college for psych., it's not really an interesting subject though. It's basically the old don't judge a book by a cover or the tale of 2 fools and liar (or really 2 liars and a fool).

But yeh, it's infotainment. And for a solid 10 years in the USA (until the rising of social media) the general person was greatly mislead. But, since the term is now directly linked with "fake news" and actual sources can be checked (internet again), people are now figuring it all out, even though it is still persisting on for financial interests.

1 thing to keep in mind though, hard core journalists for any cause no longer believe a television, so keep on using the internet for the evidence on topics of interest because the truth no longer exists on television thanks to things like "infotainment". I just scour/scrap as many sources as feasibly possible for a given topic and find the common trend.

I also look for actual news, like what the oligarch capitalists did to Lula de Silva and what Israelis are actually doing to the Palestinians. Trust me here, the television is greatly misrepresenting the truth to people (GREATLY!).

hi cron
I said this above:
"the truth is there is often plenty of name-calling going on, from all sides
and I don't blame you for being cautious in trusting (especially online) sources
we should all be doubtful, look for facts, consult from many sources
and come to our own conclusions

fact check the factcheck is a great example"

so we seem to be in agreement that way
but I would never, ever liken fact check to msnbc and fox
really check them out

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2019 is the long ago past? Did you find any quotes where he said he was wrong?

Sent from the future.

pal
I didn't say it was long ago
again, we were talking about in reference to the travel restrictions
not last year
there is a difference, and I said as much

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By the end if this conservative estimates are 10% of 327 million get it. 3% overall death rate if we are lucky. 900,000. Will be 3 months till the all clear. So accept it, adjust and take care of yourselves.

Pray the drug regimens they are trialing help and before long there's a vaccine. Vaccine could take many months, but it can prevent this monster from coming back.

3 months? didnt the admin say it could last 18 months?The stock market would not react like this for a 3 month problem

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
3 months? didnt the admin say it could last 18 months?The stock market would not react like this for a 3 month problem

I disagree with this, because even if it takes just a few months to get all of this under control, the truth is that we're almost certainly heading for a recession that will have a very wide reach and that aggregate demand for goods and services both domestically and internationally will not return to previous levels anytime soon.

My sense of things is the stock market has begun, and will continue, to price in a near certain global recession that will come in the aftermath of the worst of the health scare. Of course, the longer this health challenge lasts, the worse the projected world economy will look and the market will react accordingly.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I disagree with this, because even if it takes just a few months to get all of this under control, the truth is that we're almost certainly heading for a recession that will have a very wide reach and that aggregate demand for goods and services both domestically and internationally will not return to previous levels anytime soon.

My sense of things is the stock market has begun, and will continue, to price in a near certain global recession that will come in the aftermath of the worst of the health scare. Of course, the longer this health challenge lasts, the worse the projected world economy will look and the market will react accordingly.

Yep, bank of america analysts saying we are in a recession with 12% shrinkage in the second quarter. Worst since 1947. Scary report: https://www.ajc.com/news/bank-america-economists-say-nation-officially-recession/uwfxCyLKjNm0M8AlMe1e3I/

The saving grace would be if we can turn it around though distancing. I don't think we can look to the government, this is just too massive.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks so much for straightening us all out. Your parents most be very proud.

Yes, they actually are ;) They always emphasised that I should be caring for the needs of the others and not being selfish, to be emphatic, to use critical thinking, to look up any required information myself and not being fed by TV, basically not being a moron. And they succeeded. Hopefully your parents are proud of you as well..hopefully:confused::rolleyes:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Just what are you disagreeing with in my post? A recession is already 100% assured-A recession is just 2 quarters of negative growth under the inflation rate.

Hotels, Airlines, restaurants, mfg etc are all off up to 50%. Only supply stores and grocery outfits are doing business now besides hospitals and that will slow once everyone has hoarded what they need. Covid has been doubling in the USA every 2.5 days of late and we don't even have test kits for 20% of the population and waaaaaay less than 1% have been tested to date so there is no telling how bad it may really be.If we get away with only a recession, we will be quite fortunate.

PS- Italy now has more deaths than China-Im betting all that men kissing men respect crap is a factor.

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
This will also take a mental toll on all of us. We are all slowly being isolated/exiled to our own private prison and our normal social interaction is coming to a halt. For me no more walks in the park, watching the children play in the playground, the skateboarders careen around the skate park, the clusters of men fishing at the lake and the families having bar-b-ques all over the park. Instead I'm stuck indoors with only my TV and the internet to occupy my time, my wife my only company. Thank God I have her.

I can see where this will get very depressing for many people who are used to having goals in life other than surviving. Those who have regular jobs no longer have that routine they have grown accustomed too, and which makes them feel productive. Going out for dinner and a movie - no more! A little vacation to one of the places we enjoy visiting only a car drive away - no more! Family gatherings to celebrate birthdays, weddings, graduations - no more! A night out playing pool - no more! In fact all outdoor sports and activities - also no more!

You get the picture and it isn't pretty. As the economy crumbles around us and we have nothing else to occupy our minds, some of the more fragile among us may ebb into chronic depression. That can affect anyone and the thought of it may frighten me more than anything else. Stay strong people and do what you can to keep the spirits up of those who are close to you.

P.S. I can only imagine the distress people who are heavily invested in the market are feeling right now. I feel fortunate that I got out over two years ago. I'm far more comfortable investing in real estate, even though I know our properties will lose value now as well.

Last edited:

Reverend Dave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw that the name of the New Jersey family was Fusco. My first thoughts were of Pete and the late Jimmy Fusco. Wonder if these are direct relations?

Dave

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This will also take a mental toll on all of us. We are all slowly being isolated/exiled to our own private prison and our normal social interaction is coming to a halt. For me no more walks in the park, watching the children play in the playground, the skateboarders careen around the skate park, the clusters of men fishing at the lake and the families having bar-b-ques all over the park. Instead I'm stuck indoors with only my TV and the internet to occupy my time, my wife my only company. Thank God I have her.

I can see where this will get very depressing for many people who are used to having goals in life other than surviving. Those who have regular jobs no longer have that routine they have grown accustomed too, and which makes them feel productive. Going out for dinner and a movie - no more! A little vacation to one of the places we enjoy visiting only a car drive away - no more! Family gatherings to celebrate birthdays, weddings, graduations - no more! A night out playing pool - no more! In fact all outdoor sports and activities - also no more!

You get the picture and it isn't pretty. As the economy crumbles around us and we have nothing else to occupy our minds, some of the more fragile among us may ebb into chronic depression. That can affect anyone and the thought of it may frighten me more than anything else. Stay strong people and do what you can to keep the spirits up of those who are close to you.

Anyone feeling locked in...… get outside. Just maintain a respectable distance.
Nature heals the soul.

td

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nature heals the soul.

td

Thank you for that. I'm fortunate to have a nice backyard deck where I can relax, read and soak in some sun. That's where I hang out these days. Here in Los Angeles, the parks (many beautiful ones near where I live) are closed!

Good news, the gates to the park are open today. The playground is closed and the skate park is closed. There is no fishing or bar-b-ques allowed but I can get my exercise and walk around the lake.

Last edited:

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nature heals the soul.

td

Yeah- Get out and just dont touch anything-swerve wide of anyone and if they think you are silly-screw them- Wearing latex gloves is really no help. If u touch a contaminated surface and then your face, you're still getting it.-But even if u wear a PAINTERS mask, it will warn you if you have touched your face and break you of the habit eventually. Don't go in an elevator unless you live on the 15th floor or something and then take it alone if possible.

On second thought, i just recalled Cali has mandatory shelter in home edict in effect i think

Last edited: