If you could afford any cue makers cue who's cue would you buy for your everyday cue

OTB

I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!
Silver Member
Deceased or alive???

A.) Gus
B.) Scrugg

Last edited:

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Black Boar no question Ultra fancy with all the inlays Tony could handle. Wrapless. I think i just wet myself thinking about it lol

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It'd have to be from somebody that remembered how to answer their damn phone or return e-mail...
Fortunately a few still can.
I spend most of my playing time with an Olney or a Titlist conversion by Lee Peppers. Can't imagine any cue playing better. I had a Tasc that played well, but I sold it because I like my Olneys better.

Last edited:

SpinDoctor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a beautiful wrapless ebony hoppe with blue veneers made by Tascarella posted here a while back that I would LOVE to get my mitts on.

Roy Vadas

Baby Seal Clubber
Silver Member
Lee Peppers ebony into birdseye with black and natural veneers and hoppe ring. Absolutely the most beautiful cue I have ever seen imo.

If I ever have the money to have a cue made (and he is still making them) that is what I will have (and I will shoot with it every damn day!)

Roy

sent from my EVO using Tapatalk.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I am interested in who's cue people would choose if they could afford any maker.

Thanks

Kevin

I CAN afford a cue from any cuemaker on here. Thing is, if you just want a player (I'm in this category), I think it is absurd to spend more than $1,000 on a cue. Collecting, well that's another matter entirely.

My everyday player is a cue made by AZB's own Larry Vigus, or 63Kcode as we know him on here. It cost me less than $400, plays great, is of excellent quality/workmanship, and he lives close enough to me that if I ever need work done on it (or my break cue which he also made), I can meet him halfway and just hand it to him. Plus that, we usually get in a couple hours of pool while we're at it (obviously, we meet up at a poolhall), which not only makes for good comradery, but is good for builder/customer relations.

So, my answer would be Larry Vigus. He makes a fine playing cue and the customer service is second to none. FTR, he also makes some very nice looking cues with veneers/inlays for anyone interested.

Maniac (doesn't suscribe to the high-$$$ cue hype for a playing cue)

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tascarella. That is on my list. Nothing fancy, just a players cue. There is nothing I could say about them that has not already been said before.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
no question

No question at all, it is a hubilt for me. He knows exactly what I want and he is the only danged cue builder I can catch up with any time I want to! He lets me jump the line when I just want to try a simple butt or a little different shaft profile too, he calls it R&D. I guess it does help that I have known him all my life.

Hu

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Andy Gilbert - great cue (and I like the guy and his wife, Vicki). My Gilbert just seems to totally fit my needs and looks very nice while doing so.

Jerry Terbrock builds one heckuva nice cue as well. I have a very nice cue of his and truly like the cue but the Gilbert is my usual playing cue.

So far as all the rest, I do not see how one could possibly do better in a playing cue than one done by Jeff Olney. His cues are magnificently done and very solid players (as well as often being beautiful). If I could come across one of his that met my specs...