Which is the better tip G2 soft or Kamui SS.

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I only had one G2 soft and one medium to test, but they tested at 57 for the soft and 66 for the medium on a Shore D scale. The average hardness might be a few durometers off due to the small sample size.

Anywhere to find a durometer rating on all tips produced. I though years ago one existed but with all of the neww tips on the market today I would LOVE to see a more current list.

Thanks

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Anywhere to find a durometer rating on all tips produced. I though years ago one existed but with all of the neww tips on the market today I would LOVE to see a more current list.

Thanks

best to get your own durometer as they dont really sit there and check everysingle one of the thousands the send out, they just dont

local guy grabbed a handfull of his mediums and theyre all over the place

i got a supposed very soft ultraskin and it felt like a medium, when some moori softs i can put a dent in it with my finger

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
My search for the perfect tip ended at KC SS never been more happy with a tip

I have no problem with mine either.
I love supporting a company that seems to be a sponsor at every event I go to or watch on streams!!!!:thumbup:

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try an SIB Pro first before the G2, they are the absolute nuts for $3

How would he know how it compares? I've tried the sib pro and installed several. Definitely a decent tip, however the G2 leather quality is much better. (Japanese pigskin vs not Japanese pigskin). They machine much better. I personally prefer the feel of the G2. For the money the SIB is an excellent tip. For a few bucks more I would personally prefer the G2 having tried both. Doesn't mean one is better, just more to my own preference.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like a really soft tip and wonder which of these 2 tips I should try next.

I don't believe the G2 comes in super soft so I would have to try soft.

Opinions please.

Thanks

Kevin

Both are excellent tips. I think there is no compelling reason to use one over the other beyond your own perception of how they feel. They are roughly equal in terms of quality, maintenance, etc. The Kamui SS black will be a bit softer than the G2 soft. I'd try both at some point.

KMRUNOUT

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks

I would caution about relying on durometer measurements to decide which tip to purchase. Almost 4 years ago, I plotted PoolDawg measurements against the posted hardness ratings provided on the Mueller’s website for tips they sold in common. Overall, there was a moderate positive relationship between those sets of measures, but not enough to decide between similarly rated tips. While there are arguments over which type of durometer measure is more appropriate, neither set of measures reflects my personal experience with the tips I have tried. I have rechecked occasionally but the data appear to be the same those previously published.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Liked the Kamui black SS, then grew to feel the G2 M was an improvement. Am now playing with a Kamikazi Elite M and like that pretty good.

Lou Figueroa

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would take the G2 soft over the Kamui SS anyday.

You need to try the Ultra-skin soft. It plays similar to the G2 but costs only around $3.

wigglybridge

14.1 straight pool!
Silver Member
pressed Elkmaster or milkdud. i recently converted after years of layered tips, will never go back.

on a higher plane, this guy Efren Reyes has done pretty well with them.

DOA

Registered
You should try Kamui soft brown, way better than the black, no glazing, holds chalk better because of that and holds up better than the black.

I love my clear soft brown kamui. It looks better on a wood shaft too.

My fav so far...