Classless

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just my opinion - speaking only for myself - I'd rather see a guy win and have a discussion about that than all the drama when he loses.

To be honest I don't even watch the Mosconi Cup any more. Nothing personal against anybody but there is something flawed about how the US team is picked when every year Europe clowns on the US.

bwally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bullshit move by Hatch, period. There's absolutely no good reason not to shake an opponents hand. Poor sport and taints the already bad image of pool players. If I were Captain he wouldn't see the table for the remainder of the MC.

CGM

It'd be a lot cooler if you did.
Silver Member
I play guys I cant stand all the time but I still shake their hand after a match. Hatch doesn't look good here.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought it was interesting that Chamat grabbed Filler rather quickly and accompanied him over to Hatch to at least attempt to shake hands with Hatch, even though Hatch had already left the playing area. I'm guessing Chamat was not exactly proud of his young player that he chose to come celebrate the win with his teammates before shaking Hatch's hand - which he should have done first.
To correct my earlier post, the first attempt Filler made to shake Hatch's hand, Hatch was still in the playing area but refused to acknowledge Filler's attempt to shake hands. After Hatch then left the playing area, it was then Chamat who accompanied Filler over towards Hatch again to make a second attempt to shake his hand, which was again rejected by Hatch. I doubt Filler would have made that second attempt if it weren't for his coach. At that point, Filler had at least made not one but two attempts to shake Hatch's hand. In fairness to both players, we don't know what history there may be between these two players if they've ever played each other before, nor do we know any verbal exchange that may have taken place between the two players during the match, that may have possibly been contentious.

Madnecity

Registered
Filler is totally Vincent - complete and utter flake, with more talent in his little finger than anyone else (except maybe Shaw).
Anyway, who cares about a handshake or whatever. Suck it up. It's Mosconi Cup. Death to the losers.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play guys I cant stand all the time but I still shake their hand after a match. Hatch doesn't look good here.

5 seconds after Filler won he went to go shake Dennis's hand. In that short time period, Dennis was already stepping out of the arena. Johan (sp?) stopped Dennis, and Dennis shrugged him off and then continued on leaving. Chamat and Filler where trying to catch Dennis while Johan had him stopped.

The announcer also stated that Filler taking an extension showed maturity. Filler did nothing wrong.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My prediction.
USA 10 EUROPE 10
Tie breaker Hatch vs Filler.
Mosconi Cup Ratings blow out

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

"Two men enter-one man leaves" Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

hlymnstr14

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah, filler didn't really celebrate that much. he won his first Mosconi Cup match. he's allowed to get a little excited.

and it was like 5 secs. even if he went right over, Hatch was already on his way out.

he needs to not take that typical amateur 2 rail outside english scratch off the 6 ball. pro's shouldn't scratch there.

or hang 7 balls to tie up the first match (SVB)

typical MC, USA, undisciplined, not playing well with no rolls. Europe, playing good and getting all the rolls. that's tough to beat.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh no! Day two and Ralph S. high fives his teammates before he remembers to shake hands! Will the travesties never end??

edit: Just realized it'a a re-run of day one.

Last edited:

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My prediction.
USA 10 EUROPE 10
Tie breaker Hatch vs Filler.
Mosconi Cup Ratings blow out

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

"Two men enter-one man leaves" Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

That would be awesome. In reality, it's more likely to be 11-4.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dennis showboats before pumping the last 9-ball in, and then immediately went to shake the opponents' hands. If you're not here, you can't understand why yesterday was goofy and how Dennis's response was exactly what is expected: pump up the crowd but don't disrespect your opponent.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler didn't do anything wrong. Hatch got beat and 5 seconds later he turned into a track star. If he's going to act like a baby, maybe Filler should have offered to change his diaper instead.

Extra props to Chamat for being a leader and acting swiftly. Our team Captain should have insisted that Hatch get back out there and shake the man's hand.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
It's generated 5 pages because a bunch of sore losers are trying to blame the winner for Hatch not being able to get the job done. Hatch lost, get over it. it's not like it was a big surprise.

I don't remember anyone blaming it for Hatch's loss.

But, I'd rather look like a sore loser than a little girl cheerleader after each victory like he never won a game of pool. Fact is, most cheer leaders could probably kick his ass too, LOL. But, hey, I think it's weird that folks dance around like hyena's when they sack the QB, that's their job, act like its not your first time.

freds

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hadn't really seen him before yesterday, but watching the doubles today Filler changed my mind - he's more than a bit of a prat, ain't he?

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Filler didn't do anything wrong. Hatch got beat and 5 seconds later he turned into a track star. If he's going to act like a baby, maybe Filler should have offered to change his diaper instead.

Extra props to Chamat for being a leader and acting swiftly. Our team Captain should have insisted that Hatch get back out there and shake the man's hand.

Riiiiight, like the team captain is gonna make that decision and wreck his chemistry with his player over such a minor issue. No way, no chance, not even remotely possible. I'll bet big $$ it was not even brought it up to Dennis, not once.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I hadn't really seen him before yesterday, but watching the doubles today Filler changed my mind - he's more than a bit of a prat, ain't he?

Yeah, he's seems to be a little bit light in his loafers with all the dancing and jumping he does ;)

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
all good, Hatch has never been known as the classiest of guys, this kid is developing a rep for being goofy, of course he's still a kid and world class master class shooter that most American pros can't match....stings i guess

USA has been getting thoroughly trounced now for years by the Euros, sad