Mike D withdraws from World 14.1

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
He withdrew because of a seeding issue. Was told he was seeded #3 and found out they moved him to #15 or something like that.

What are your thoughts? I understand why he withdrew but I mean, sitting out isn't going to put the brakes on the tournament. Why not stay in?

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My thoughts:

He should have stayed in and proved the seeding wrong.

The Calcutta might be a good ranking regarding the third best player.

Last edited:

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
He withdrew because of a seeding issue. Was told he was seeded #3 and found out they moved him to #15 or something like that.

What are your thoughts? I understand why he withdrew but I mean, sitting out isn't going to put the brakes on the tournament. Why not stay in?

I think it's up to him.......
If he didn't like it then it probably affected his attitude which in turn would have hindered his performance.
Mike knows Mike better than anyone

Last edited:

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They start with an 8 group round robin, what would it matter. There is seldom ever in this tournament any question who will be the top three to come out of each group. The toughest group I see if Group 2 where there are among others: SVB, HArriman, Hernandez, and Fulcher (http://www.worldstraightpool.com/2015_ScheduleByGroup.pdf). There is always going to be one or two of the groups, out of the 8, that there is 4 possible to move on.

koreandragon

Banned
Gold Member
Mr.Dechaine was not seeded #15. This was explained to him several times though he refused to listen to the explanation. His primary argument was he saw Mr.Immonen's name placed above his name in the group assuming he was now seeded lower.

Also, it is documented that Mr.Dechaine accepted his original invite, later declined it, later re-accepted, declined it, and then accepted, and then withdrew during a period of 30 days. And he was still given a seeded position despite by the organizers.

No other player in the 56 player field had any issue with the groupings or seedings, his spot was fulfilled by another pro player immediately and the World 14.1 is continuing on schedule as planned

Last edited:

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Probably better off without the "I have got a secret!" post in that case.

So I shouldn't say I would withdraw too? Sorry…

giphy.gif

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
So I shouldn't say I would withdraw too? Sorry…

I am simply saying, it is clear "why" you made the post, and that was to put the "I have the inside track on things and know stuff, but I cannot tell you guys, sorry" thing out there.

Since Charlie came here and wrote his mess of an explanation can you help clarify it now? Is what Charlie said basically what happened at the least?

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Is what Charlie said basically what happened at the least?

There's more to the story. What Charlie said about him not committing to the tournament is probably true, there is just more to the story. Sorry for not spilling the beans but I would also withdraw.

But you're right, I wanted to look super important. I hope it worked...

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Mike will take a lot of flak for this, but I'm sure he had a pretty good reason. I don't think he'd waste his time going to an event and then just leaving. He must have been pretty indignant about something.

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why the heck would he think he was seeded third?
What he done in straight pool?
He lucky to be seeded in top 20

Thanks for clarifying Charlie
Looks like mr dechaine is still douchaine and spat his pacifier out again

Good riddance imo

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Why the heck would he think he was seeded third?
What he done in straight pool?
He lucky to be seeded in top 20

Thanks for clarifying Charlie
Looks like mr dechaine is still douchaine and spat his pacifier out again

Good riddance imo

How did Mike do last year? I don't remember.

btown

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's more to the story. What Charlie said about him not committing to the tournament is probably true, there is just more to the story. Sorry for not spilling the beans but I would also withdraw.

But you're right, I wanted to look super important. I hope it worked...

Lol, it didn't