finally! new bscp set of officers inplace

linds

proudly Philippine made!
Silver Member
today march 31 2009 (tuesday 3:00pm) bscp election was held at cheteau verde condominium in valle verde-I pasig city with the supervision of POC (philippine olympic commitee) representative. with no TRO in sight the new set of directors are:

president: mr.arturo "bong" ilagan
chairman: mr. putch puyat
treasurer: mr. jonathan sy
pro: mr. willy cabales

we, in the pool-billiard industry in the Philippines fully support the new set of bscp officers...
congartulations and more power!
:):):)

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
today march 31 2009 (tuesday 3:00pm) bscp election was held at cheteau verde condominium in valle verde-I pasig city with the supervision of POC (philippine olympic commitee) representative. with no TRO in sight the new set of directors are:

president: mr.arturo "bong" ilagan
chairman: mr. putch puyat
treasurer: mr. jonathan sy
pro: mr. willy cabales

we, in the pool-billiard industry in the Philippines fully support the new set of bscp officers...
congartulations and more power!
:):):)

What does that mean for the PI?

linds

proudly Philippine made!
Silver Member
a new hope...
peace and equality and to end the past currupt regime :wink:

pooladdict

no doubt about it
Silver Member
What does that mean for the PI?

I believe it means that the organisation with most of the best filipino pool players - BMPAP - supported by people like Perry Mariano and Jonathan Sy - has been able to remove Yen Makabenta and his likes from BSCP. BSCP is the organisation which is supported by World Pool Assosciation - WPA.

I believe it means that there will no longer be two organisations fighting eachother - arranging separate tournaments.

I believe it means that we will be able to see all the best filipino players also in the WPA sanctioned tournaments.

I believe it means that Bandidos blood pressure soon is coming back to normal:grin-square:

Not bad!

quanz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL.... the blood pressure comment made my day :D

Btw congrats to the Pinoys...hopefully no more boycotting...more power!!!

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
Great news!!!

EDIT: What is gonna happen with the upcoming Philippines 10-ball Open? Isn't that a BSCP/RAYA-event? Will Yen Makabenta still run the tournament, even if he no longer controls the BSCP?

linds

proudly Philippine made!
Silver Member
I believe it means that Bandidos blood pressure soon is coming back to normal:grin-square:

Not bad!

lol, actually bandido is near paradise "samal" island right now...(more than 1000kms south of manila) recuperating from hard fought battle as bmpap spokesman :angry:

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
I believe it means that the organisation with most of the best filipino pool players - BMPAP - supported by people like Perry Mariano and Jonathan Sy - has been able to remove Yen Makabenta and his likes from BSCP. BSCP is the organisation which is supported by World Pool Assosciation - WPA.

I believe it means that there will no longer be two organisations fighting eachother - arranging separate tournaments.

I believe it means that we will be able to see all the best filipino players also in the WPA sanctioned tournaments.

Not bad!

Any lower and I'll be in trouble!!:) It's been 120/70 for the longest time now.:lol:

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
lol, actually bandido is near paradise "samal" island right now...(more than 1000kms south of manila) recuperating from hard fought battle as bmpap spokesman :angry:
Not anymore! We're headed for our next destination. Maybe visit my hot sulphuric waterfalls :wave: :) Then maybe try surfing or at least body boarding.:eek::)

linds

proudly Philippine made!
Silver Member
read more (from AZ front news)
http://www.azbilliards.com/2000storya.php?storynum=6397

After a Makati Regional Trial Court judge rejected their request for a Temporary Restraining Order to stop the election of officers of the Billiards and Snooker Congress of the Philippines , BSCP president Ernesto Fajardo and chairman Yen Makabenta were replaced in an election approved by the Philippine Olympic Committee headed by Jose “Peping” Cojuangco.

Chosen as president of the BSCP was Arturo “Bong” Ilagan with the recognized godfather of Philippine pool Aristeo “Putch” Puyat as chairman, Joaquin Perez de Tagle as secretary general and Jonathan Sy as treasurer.

Others elected to the board of directors were Social Weather Station head and pool enthusiast Mahar Mangahas and Manila Bulletin assistant sports editor Willie Caballes.

POC official representative as observer of the elections was Buddy Andrada while POC president Jose “Peping” Cojuangco’s special assistant and Athletics chief Go Teng Kok was also present at the elections conducted at Valle Verde.

In an immediate effort to reconcile their differences with the ousted leadership Ilagan issued a seven point program beginning with his announced desire to “heal the prevailing rift and animosity between the stakeholders in billiards.”

The seven point program indicated the BSCP would “treat the athletes with respect and fairness in all the activities of the National Sports Association” and assured athletes that there will be “fairness in the selection of players that will play in events where the country is invited.”

The new leadership of the BSCP committed to work for the “development of amateur players particularly among the youth” even as it assured all stakeholders that none of its officers and members “can use the NSA to promote personal interests.”

The statement also said the BSCP will coordinate all its programs with the POC and the Philippine Sports Commission and finally that it would “promote harmony and cooperation among stakeholders of billiards with the end in view of raising the standard of the sport and ultimately bring honor for the country.”

In denying the application for a TRO for lack of merit the court said the complainant failed to establish and present evidence that would show a clear invasion of a right that must be protected. The court also sustained the position of the defendants headed by Ilagan that it had no jurisdiction over the case.

The court also noted that the action of the BSCP under Fajardo was premature since the matter should have been first brought to the grievance, arbitration and mediation mechanism of the Philippine Olympic Committee (POC) as stated in its constitution and by-laws, a copy of which was presented by the defendants in court thru lawyer Richard Palpal-latoc of the Rodriguez and Partners Law Firm. It was clear in the said by-laws that the POC shall be the final arbitrator of all intra-NSA conflict and disputes.

By Ronnie Nathanielsz - 2009-03-31

Biggz

Unregistered
Silver Member
This is a good news especially to the players, both amateurs and pros. Now they can focus on playing and not worry on whose tournament they should play or not play.
The selection of players for international competition will now be done FAIRLY. Everybody has a chance to represent their country. We might be seeing some new faces this year. Watch out world!

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
2nd to that
Of course Yen can still produce tournaments as long as he acquires the proper permits and licenses.

With regards to the use of the BSCP, he can if he gets his event sanctioned by the NSA-BSCP. He does need to send formal invites and get sanctioning from the BSCP and BMPAP-GAB if his event is going to be a part of the WPA World -ranking system and if it is a play-for-pay event here in the Philippines.

Once he's gotten all the required documentation and sanctioning then it's the players choice to play or not.

Regarding the current contention from the former officers:
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) recognizes the Philippine Olympic Commitee as its duly accredited member organization here in the Philippines. All the Philippine National Sports Associations (NSA), BSCP for pool, billiard and snooker, derive international recognition of their respective continental (APBU for Asia) and international organizations (WPA and WCBS) through POC recognition and recommendation. Thus, the current POC recognized elected officials of the BSCP has the mandate.

If any non-recognized entity uses the name BSCP then they are misrepresenting the organization and thus liable to legal actions against them.

Last edited:

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
Congrats!!!

Let's just see what will happen in the next event, which is the Subic-Olongapo Open. :)

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
Congrats!!!

Let's just see what will happen in the next event, which is the Subic-Olongapo Open. :)
That's a RAYA event with the BSCP as a tag-along without any benefit of, at least, getting sanctioning fees.

So why does RAYA keep clinging to control the BSCP?

Here's something that will be an eye-opener and soon will be in the dailies and currently circulating in text messaging.

According to a very, very high official of the Philippine Gaming and Amusements Corp. (PAGCOR). The only reason they can release millions of pesos as sponsor to BSCP is because they are the official and recognized NSA by the POC. This is the reason why the ex-officers wants to cling to the BSCP NSA. RAYA wants the millions bhy using BSCP's recognition.
End of message

bandido

Player Power!
Silver Member
This part of the AzB front page article surely raises an eyebrow.

Quote:
Unfortunately, it seems once again that it is too early to know for certain and that the issue will still have to be reconciled by the courts. For now, the POC has recognized the March 31 elections and that would seem to carry the day for them. But the group that it seems must take the first decisive action is the APBU. This group must decide who is their representative in the Philippines. And it would not be sufficient to just say: “the BSCP”. For at this point it is necessary to clarify. Is this the BSCP as represented by Yen Makabenta and the Board of Directors as it stood on March 30 or is it the BSCP as represented by the group of officers who were elected in the March 31 contest?

Surely guys you're jesting. The APBU is the recognized continental member of the WPA which is the sport-governing body of pool of the IOC. The POC is the recognized member of the IOC. The POC is what gave recognition to BSCP as the Philippines' NSA for pool, billiard and snooker. Which-so-ever set of NSA Officers that the POC recognizes are the duly authorized officers of BSCP. So who will the APBU, WPA and IOC recognize? Whoever the POC recognizes!

Quote:
The APBU is in a less than desirable position. On the one hand, the BSCP as represented by the group headed by Fajardo and Makabenta is also the group charged with producing two major events this year – the Philippine Open and the WPA World Ten Ball Championships. On the other hand, the new elections are recognized by the POC and the past relationship with the POC is that the group they recognize is the official NSA and therefore the group that is a member of the APBU.

The Philippine Open and the World Ten Ball Championships are RAYA events using BSCP sanctioning. How can it be a co-Production or a BSCP event when BSCP doesn't earn a single centavo from these events? Not even from sanctioning fees.

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
I've already schedule my trip for end May with the hopes of attending the Womens 10-Ball Championship. Then it was moved to the next week to give way to Phil Open 10-Ball Championship. Looks like there is nothing for me to watch then. :(

Ops... there is... The Rotation 1-on-1 with Efren Reyes and Ronnie Alcano. Or am I dreaming. :)