little treat for you

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Moses, i mean Whitey parted the sea with that one !!!!

that was fantastic !!!

even better was his laughter and excitement after he made it, he sounded like the Pilsbury Doughboy when his tummy was tickled !!! LOL

Thanks
-Steve

Last edited:

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member

Dennis:

You know something? When I first viewed the video and was looking at that stack, I immediately picked out the 11-ball in that same corner pocket -- it was the carom shot which involved the pink-stripe 12-ball caroming off of the 7-ball into that 11-ball -- and the 11-ball split the wicket, btw. The combo-bank of the 7-ball in that pocket followed the 11-ball right in, but the 11-ball got there first. (This shot, btw, is in Ray Martin's "99 Critical Shots in Pool".)

I honestly thought Bill was looking at and lining-up that shot, but when he called the 7-ball, I was at first confused, until I saw it was the combo-bank he was going for. I guess me eyes are too accustomed to One Pocket shots like that. :eek:

Either way, that was a great pack read, Bill!
-Sean <-- loves-loves-loves me caroms!

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sean -- I liked your shot, too (it looked to me like the 12 caroming off the 7 into the 11). Too much stuff could get in the way of the combo-bank on the 7.

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
Sean -- I liked your shot, too (it looked to me like the 12 caroming off the 7 into the 11). Too much stuff could get in the way of the combo-bank on the 7.

Agree, Sean must have meant the 11. It looks as if the carom of the 12 off the 7 may be dead off the 5 to begin with, and need no aim or adjustment whatsoever - that 11 is flying in at warp speed. That the 7 manages to bank cleanly avoiding all the traffic seems like a miracle in comparison! :thumbup:

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Marop

14.1 - real pool
Silver Member
The twelve was frozen to the five, the carom angle was aimed to back cut the seven and shorten up the angle for the bank as long as I hit it hard. I knew some balls might get in the way but had to give it a try. That was fun...

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Great shot. Surely, Ray Martin will consider adding it to his catalogue of critical shots in pool.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member

Agree, Sean must have meant the 11. It looks as if the carom of the 12 off the 7 may be dead off the 5 to begin with, and need no aim or adjustment whatsoever - that 11 is flying in at warp speed. That the 7 manages to bank cleanly avoiding all the traffic seems like a miracle in comparison! :thumbup:

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

Guys:

Thanks for the corrections -- I edited my post. It was a quickie-ish post to describe that shot, but it helps to pay better attention to ball colors/numberings, and to what I'm typing. :eek:

I agree with David that the 11-ball flew in at warp speed. That was the ball I was referring to; not the 15-ball. Bill has a set of TV-colored balls, but yet I still confused the 11-ball with the 15-ball.

But even still, Bill's call on the 7-ball was correct; Steve K. made a great analogy of Moses parting the seas with that shot. A lot *could have* gotten in the way of that 7-ball, but fortunately didn't.

And the best part is the cue ball stayed in control. It may've moved a grand total of 12 inches from its original location.

Again, great pack-read and shot, Bill!
-Sean