broke my leg and cant play pool for a couple of months

rich337

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
im looking for something to do for the next couple of months while i heal any suggestions? it just happend yesterday and im already going crazy

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
im looking for something to do for the next couple of months while i heal any suggestions? it just happend yesterday and im already going crazy

Follow your doctor orders for a speedy recovery, or turn your recovery into a longer process!:rolleyes:

or1pkt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Order you a couple good pool books to read and some accu stats DVDs...I was laid up for a while a few yrs back and bought a bunch of tennis balls and learned to juggle pretty good...but make sure you get a bunch of em that way when you drop one you don't have to chase em...

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I had a ankle fusion almost two years ago and was not able to shoot for months. I remember a couple of AZ'ers stopped by to see me and I played 5 or 6 games hopping around on one foot:grin:.

This forum, Youtube and live streams got me through that time of my life that so well that sometimes I feel like getting the other ankle fused to "do it again":rolleyes:

Sorry about the broken leg and watch those pain pills, they can make you goofy!

Get well soon.

rich337

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a ankle fusion almost two years ago and was not able to shoot for months. I remember a couple of AZ'ers stopped by to see me and I played 5 or 6 games hopping around on one foot:grin:.

This forum, Youtube and live streams got me through that time of my life that so well that sometimes I feel like getting the other ankle fused to "do it again":rolleyes:

Sorry about the broken leg and watch those pain pills, they can make you goofy!

Get well soon.

heck i dont need any pills to make me goofy lol and i have a gold crown that glenn set up for me so nice its torture to look at it and not be able to play:nono:

poolrod

I like old school
Silver Member
shotonline golf, it's just like pool on the putts,lol. Stay off the crutches, you might break the other one. Get well soon.

rich337

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
shotonline golf, it's just like pool on the putts,lol. Stay off the crutches, you might break the other one. Get well soon.

lol thank you sir i love online games will be sure to look into this 1 and the virtal pool game as well .

doublej487

valleys are 2 tight
Silver Member

try to play in the wheelchair / u might get used to playing with the bridge

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

learn to Play piano or electronic key board, it will teach your brain to totally separate left side from right side, helps a lot in pool focus, also helps you play left handed more accurately, if you are right handed.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You don't need two good legs to play pool. Play with one leg and use one crutch or hop on one leg to get around. Just don't hurry and go slow at first. Play on a 7 foot table only. :smile:

I've been there but I was in my 20's when it happened. The only way I'd be able to do it now is...I'd need to lose 50 pounds.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Learning while not playing...

Order you a couple good pool books to read and some accu stats DVDs...I was laid up for a while a few yrs back and bought a bunch of tennis balls and learned to juggle pretty good...but make sure you get a bunch of em that way when you drop one you don't have to chase em...

Yes. I had to take a number of unplanned breaks from pool in the past few years for various reasons, including surgery, a broken rib and a stroke. So I spent lots of time watching pool videos, both matches and instructional. When you're unable to play, you can't expect to improve your physical game, but you can definitely increase your knowledge...

Donny L
PBIA/ACS Instructor

gtaylor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
we have a guy on our apa league who is brilliant...neuclear engineer for TVA i think....anyway he broke his foot and he made a rolling, lockable brace for it. so when he was in the boot instead of using his crutches...this unit fit where his knee would bend normally and just rest on this device. he then locked 2 wheels with his good foot and could then pivot. once settled in he shot as normal.

it was amazing to watch and worked for weeks...now he is back on his feet and hasn't missed a step

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Dvd's

PM acedonkeyace...he has some good bootleg DVD's he is trying to get rid of!

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Last time I was injured I sat at the kitchen counter and lagged jelly beans to the edge, which became quite boring after a while.
I would get your insurance company to pay for a Hoveround.
You could even ride it to the pool hall.

imagesCA0HOKS5.jpg

Sarnia Shorty

He's going to the bag
Silver Member
I noticed some added the link for the Virtual Pool game. That is probably my first recommendation, its lots of fun and the pool physics are quite accurate.

I would also take the suggestion from one user about getting some pool books to read. I finished "Confessions of a Pool Hustler" by Bobby Cotton. It was filled with some great road stories.