So Simple, Free, therefore must not useful

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
It is amazing those that will go through unneeded agony to learn to play pool.

Or rather those that bought into CTE.

They will pay whatever, go through a great deal of frustration but will not take the time to make Babe Cranfields Aiming Arrow and take that to the table which you can't with any DVD. You can find how to make this online so the cost is nothing. But you really should buy one of his books.

This is why I believe there are those don't really won't to improve but sure like to talk about improving.

For your reading pleasure.

http://issuu.com/strokemagazine/docs/estroke3-12/10

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

They will pay whatever, go through a great deal of frustration but will not take the time to make Babe Cranfields Aiming Arrow and take that to the table which you can't with any DVD. You can find how to make this online so the cost is nothing. But you really should buy one of his books.

This is why I believe there are those don't really won't to improve but sure like to talk about improving.

What's amazing is that you still have that sig line and still make posts like the one above.;)

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
He has been "Ducking" that one for years.

Someday, when I really have nothing to do, I should to call Edgies in Milpita's for the lowdown on the dodging duckster.

:p

Pot calling kettle black. Let's see a 15 ball run video. Should be easy.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Show us a run video. Otherwise, stop writing as if you're an instructional columnist.

Sloppy Pockets

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's amazing is that you still have that sig line and still make posts like the one above.;)

Funny, aint it?

"Take what is useful and develop from there"

Well, Mr. Duck, I made an arrow, way before you ever brought it up here. Seemed like a real cool thing and a great way to practice learning shots. I'd aim right at the point and yet I couldn't make a ball. My wife OTOH can do the same thing and she won't miss much within 5', but take it away and she can't hit anything but a rail because she just plain sucks at seeing the angles.

So, I have to ask you, is it useful for either of us?

A big part of your hero Bruce Lee's personal philosophy was that you should use what is good for you, not what others say is the best. That's Jeet Kune Do at it's essence, tailoring the skills and knowledge to your own needs and discarding what is not helpful.

I'll be discarding my arrow, Duckie, because it's not helpful to me. However, if you send me a PM with your name and address I'll mail mine to you - free of charge. Yours must be getting worn out by now.

eezbank

Silver Surfer
Silver Member

I'd be willing to bet almost every pool player and not just CTE users when they begin playing learned some form of GB aiming. The frustration in aiming using GB is you're forced to aim at imagined targets that you perceive to be correct. As players advance some want to be able to use something that allows for a better visual.

The sad part here is you think that because someone wants to advance their aiming skills they must have no idea what the arrow is or how effective it can be. I think you are mistaken Greg.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member

duckie... You're doing the talking. After all is said and done, there's usually more said than done.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried using one of those little paper cut outs. I was told by the other player that I could not put that on the table. So, I just gave up and starting using an aiming system.

Anyone wanting to see video of someone using ghost ball need only go on youtube and search "pro snooker player".

Meanwhile, for those interested in aiming systems, john Barton's video are still freely available. :rolleyes:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Anyone wanting to see video of someone using ghost ball need only go on youtube and search "pro snooker player".

Meanwhile, for those interested in aiming systems, john Barton's video are still freely available. :rolleyes:
I don't want to see "someone," I want to see Duckie.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Why? What difference can it possibly make to the discussion on which aiming system to use?

How duckie plays is totally irrelevant and serves no other purpose than entertainment.
It's totally relevant. He speaks with such a curt conviction in regards to CTE and writes in a lecture format regarding aiming, so I (and others) wanna see if he can play a lick.

It's totally relevant. He speaks with such a curt conviction in regards to CTE and writes in a lecture format regarding aiming, so I (and others) wanna see if he can play a lick.

Why? Makes NO difference to anything. Great ghostballers outnumber great every other method by many thousands to one.

You want see him play so you can claim to be better than him, that is all.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Why? Makes NO difference to anything. Great ghostballers outnumber great every other method by many thousands to one.

You want see him play so you can claim to be better than him, that is all.
No, I just think that people who can't draw their rock shouldn't be lecturing others on how to play and knock any technique with conviction. I don't give a shit if someone uses ghostball, shadow ball, back of the ball or whatever ball system.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member

Agree-

but anyway: much more important (or sad, too) is imo, that he has not a single bit of understanding about pivot systems- or every orther system except cp to cp or GB.

And in such a case usually give one advice : if i don t know anything about something...no matter what it is: I better shutup and start to learn.
Easiest and most fruitful solution- - and: you would be in big danger TO LEARN maybe something again :)