Mike Dechaine

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike was driven out of pool, and he played a role in that. A huge loss of talent for American pool. He could have been our best player...but the road is harder for some and people can be cruel. He realized he had no real future in pool and made the right choices for himself.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Dechaine told the truth about American pool's golden boy and was punished for it.

What a sad state with all the politics surrounding professional pool that the #2 or #3 American player has to go make a living elsewhere. :(

care to elaborate?

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Penguin has a hard on for SVB, and looks for any opportunity to talk shit about him.

Hope that helps. :thumbup:

i knew that already, so maybe i shouldn't have asked. but the claim that MD was driven out of the pro pool scene has been voiced by others as well

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
Mike Dechaine told the truth about American pool's golden boy and was punished for it.

What a sad state with all the politics surrounding professional pool that the #2 or #3 American player has to go make a living elsewhere. :(

When was he #2 or #3? What’s sad is you thinking he got to this level.

rhinobywilhite

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I respect the man for finding a job that should pay him a nice income.

Making a living in the pool world is difficult as you witness the low payouts for tournaments.

I hope he continues to prosper in his job and, when he can, enter the larger tournaments. Maturity will solve some of his earlier problems.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I'm going to respectfully disagree with you. I believe MD was, indeed, #2 or #3 rotation player in America for a while.

best,
brian kc

I'll disagree a little with you, as I believe Mike was the crystal clear #2 in America for quite a while. As Jason Laus has often noted and which I myself saw first hand, Mike is the one American player that had a career winning record against Shane, including winning at least one race to 25 match. Mike won the Ultimate 10-ball, reached the last four of the US Open 9-ball twice, and was the dominant player on the Joss Tour for years. He also had a top ten in the WPA World 9-balll Championships. His competitive resume from 2010-2015 was, among American pros, second only to Shane's.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm going to respectfully disagree with you. I believe MD was, indeed, #2 or #3 rotation player in America for a while.

best,
brian kc
I agree totally. I've never been a big Dechaine fan but there is no doubting his ability. He was clearly second best US player for a while.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I'll disagree a little with you, as I believe Mike was the crystal clear #2 in America for quite a while. As Jason Laus has often noted and which I myself saw first hand, Mike is the one American player that had a career winning record against Shane, including winning at least one race to 25 match. Mike won the Ultimate 10-ball, reached the last four of the US Open 9-ball twice, and was the dominant player on the Joss Tour for years. He also had a top ten in the WPA World 9-balll Championships. His competitive resume from 2010-2015 was, among American pros, second only to Shane's.

Good memory:thumbup:

Thanks for saving me the time:D