JB Case too deep

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have a JB case, and what I do is I use a small vice grip and attach it to the end of my cue Then, I slide my cue into the case, then I press down on the vice grip until it is at a 90 angle to my cue. Then I close the lid, and I zip it shut. When I want to remove my cue, I unzip the lid, rotate the vice grips so that they are parallel to the cue, then I use the vice grips as a handle to remove my cue from the case. Works great!

Interesting. Why didn't I think of that? :thumbup:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
7Stud has inspired me!

What is the use of having a case you can run a half-track over if you don't take advantage of it?

Toss butts and shafts into the case and watch them disappear. Then when you need them just invert your case and slam it down to the floor a couple times. Turn the case over and there are your shafts and butts sticking up nice and high.

No need to thank me, just send cash!

Hu

Gatto138

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I mean for me, I frequently ride a motorcycle with my case on my back. So if I get hit by a car I’d like to not have to worry about an extra $2500 sliding down the street in pieces. $200 is a minimal cost for “piece of mind”. Are there any other cases that are that protective for such a low price?

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems like an opportunity for a product to me. How about expandable joint protectors? They would have two pieces for each end of the joint, the part that attaches to the cue and the part that is on the "end" of the joint protector (for a logo, photo, whatever). In between you could put any number of extensions (each 1/2" or so). That way you could make any cue fit any length case, as long as the cue isn't too long with the joint protector and no extensions installed. No modifications to the case necessary, nothing to add to or remove when you put a different-length cue in the case, just put the right joint protector on it!

I haven't done exhaustive research but I don't believe such a product exists.

Most products like you describe are great ideas for very limited audiences, so they never get produced- an example of this from our billiard world are the pool table pocket plugs that allow a pool table to be converted to a 3 cushion billiards table. Some guys at times have developed prototypes- but the market for them is so limited that making a quality product becomes cost prohibitive to those that might be interested in their purchase - hence the inventor abandons the production. However, I applaud your sense of innovation!

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL, you could likely put a house cue in that case :grin:
Of course, that's an exaggeration, but with the embroidery space, it certainely did add some length.

Yeah It might be close to supporting a 3/4 snooker cue actually. Easily would accommodate a 70: cue for sure.

JC

Coos Cues
tell me how it would damage the cue regardless of banging around? than find someone who had a cue damaged by any case unless the case was itself damaged. the fuch do you people do with these cases, play baseball with them? most who play at home don't even leave the house, and the ones that play at halls go from their door to car, car to poolhall. where in that time span do you need an armored truck for a case? noone can seem to answer that except people who own a JB case, and I owned one, even had it custom made, didn't like it. theyre built well, workmanship isn't the problem, its just too much padding, too deep pockets, had cues get stuck and a pain in the ass to get out, now if you need to add materials inside to make it reachable and and get your cue out, seems like some backwards thinking to me. a lot of people had the same complaint as me, a little less padding and the ability to get your fingers to grip your cue to be able to come out would be a nice little solution. and ide love to see the long term effect on a cues finish from rubbing it so hard putting it in and out.

I have a couple of onesie cases that were given to me that allow the shaft and the butt to hit each other at the bottom and are not well padded nor tight on the cue. I would never put a cue I like inside of one of these and transport it.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
WAIT....WAIT
I've got a FIX!!

K O T E X - it's just a tube of cotton.
Measure how much space you need to subtract, cut the cotton cylinder with a scissor, push it to the bottom of case.

Better than wood dowels, better than automotive fuel line, and it's sexy.
Girls at the poolroom will gather to talk about it.
you'll be FAMOUS :grin-square:

can ya dig it...some jamock doggin it cause his stick was on the rag

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Iv had some nice cases and cheap cases, some you can lightly shake and your stuff will be slamming all around in the case, lack of pading, pading not going high enough, etc. It's definitely possible.

definitely possible huh?? did you damage your cue in a cheap case? nope. you did not.
but keep on shaking, maybe you can join a latin band. lol