Smooth deal with 'sixpack'

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I posted my JB rugged 2x3 on 4-30 with only a description and no pictures.
Within 20 minutes I had a pm from 'sixpack' saying he would take it and my asking price would be fine.
He said he was going to bed and would pm me the next afternoon to work out details.
He did contact me then paid immediately so I went to the PO and immediately sent it to him on the West Coast, I'm in Alabama.
I sent it on 5-1 and he sent me a message late yesterday afternoon that it had arrived and all was well. (PO was a day late).
I just wanted to post that some deals go extremely smooth and 'sixpack' is someone I would deal with again.
(I left him an I-trader but somehow I think I screwed up. I believe it showed I was buyer instead of seller. I'll try to straighten that out.)
Thanks sixpack if you happen to read this.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Johnny - Deal went exactly as it is supposed to. Two gentlemen living up to their word. :)

I really appreciate the good communication and the instant shipping. I'd deal with you again in a heartbeat.

cuesblues - I lived and played in Denver from about 1990 - 2004 with a few extended absences. I have always felt like we probably know each other but I've never been able to place you. Thanks for the kind words. You've always been one of my favorite members too.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. I was born, raised, and still live in Birmingham Alabama. I moved to Denver in'99 then came back home in March of '06.
I didn't get to play a lot because of work, but made at least 2 or 3 trips to all of them.
I really like Table Steak, but I was more of a skid row, dive bar player.
I was a lead carpenter on The Isbell Lofts at !8th & Lawrence, right across from the Old Spaghetti Factory, that was in '01, were on the job on 9/11 when the savages hit the Towers and Pentagon.
Then I worked on Museum of Natural History on Colorado Blvd. First time I hade ever been in a Union and they hired me 1st walking in as Journeyman Carpenter.
I lived in Glendale at Cherry Creek Tennis and Sailing Club for a while the move closer to town to 11th & Pearl. While at Cherry Creek I was fairly regular at Dr. Proctor's down on Mississippi just east of Colorado Blvd. I lived a few more blocks down the street. Damn Colfax was wild but I could catch the 15 bus, go east or west and just look out the window, see a bar, go in and usually make a good payday. They loved to hear me talk, I have an incredibly heavy southern accent.
I may have ran into y'all a time or two.
Sorry this was rambling on but y'all take care & stay safe!

\

Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Wow. I was born, raised, and still live in Birmingham Alabama. I moved to Denver in'99 then came back home in March of '06.
I didn't get to play a lot because of work, but made at least 2 or 3 trips to all of them.
I was a lead carpenter on The Isbell Lofts at !8th & Lawrence, right across from the Old Spaghetti Factory, that was in '01, were on the job on 9/11 when the savages hit the Towers and Pentagon.
Then I worked on Museum of Natural History on Colorado Blvd. First time I hade ever been in a Union and they hired me 1st walking in as Journeyman Carpenter.
I lived in Glendale at Cherry Creek Tennis and Sailing Club for a while the move closer to town to 11th & Pearl. While at Cherry Creek I was fairly regular at Dr. Proctor's down on Mississippi just east of Colorado Blvd. I lived a few more blocks down the street. Damn Colfax was wild but I could catch the 15 bus, go east or west and just look out the window, see a bar, go in and usually make a good payday. They loved to hear me talk, I have an incredibly heavy southern accent.

\

I worked with the engineers & pipefitters on most of the large loft conversion projects downtown.
Unusual and interesting scenarios with these old buildings, especially the startup with
little or no load on the heating & cooling systems.

Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
I posted my JB rugged 2x3 on 4-30 with only a description and no pictures.
Within 20 minutes I had a pm from 'sixpack' saying he would take it and my asking price would be fine.
He said he was going to bed and would pm me the next afternoon to work out details.
He did contact me then paid immediately so I went to the PO and immediately sent it to him on the West Coast, I'm in Alabama.
I sent it on 5-1 and he sent me a message late yesterday afternoon that it had arrived and all was well. (PO was a day late).
I just wanted to post that some deals go extremely smooth and 'sixpack' is someone I would deal with again.
(I left him an I-trader but somehow I think I screwed up. I believe it showed I was buyer instead of seller. I'll try to straighten that out.)
Thanks sixpack if you happen to read this.

Johnny, just curious as to why you'd sell a case as nice as a JB Rugged....if you don't mind me being nosy?

Maniac (never sells a case....just buys more cues to fill up the new one :grin:)

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

\

That time in Denver was the best pool landscape I've experienced. Tournaments every single night. Action plentiful at bars all around town. Lots of good players who liked to play for a little something.

Wichita in the late 90s was good too. I was there for a couple of years in between being in Denver.

Take care.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny, just curious as to why you'd sell a case as nice as a JB Rugged....if you don't mind me being nosy?

Maniac (never sells a case....just buys more cues to fill up the new one :grin:)
Just thinning things out a little.
I still have another JB 2x3, a GTF 1x2, a 2x4 that I forgot I had, and two old It's George black suede cases. I only have 4 cues left and usually only carry 1 cue & 2 shafts in one of the It's George cases. I travel light now days.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I worked with the engineers & pipefitters on most of the large loft conversion projects downtown.
Unusual and interesting scenarios with these old buildings, especially the startup with
little or no load on the heating & cooling systems.
I worked for Milender White Construction as a carpenter on the Isbell lofts.
In Alabama all my experience was residential and this was my 1st commercial work.(I worked a helluva lot harder on a 4 - 5 man framing crew than this commercial work).
It was interesting to remove the elevators and shafts then make it look like they were never there. The ceilings for these lofts were to look old, like original exposed beams and you would have to look close to see any difference. The perimeter wall were mostly the old, original brick.
Also, under the building was dug out for underground parking.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That time in Denver was the best pool landscape I've experienced. Tournaments every single night. Action plentiful at bars all around town. Lots of good players who liked to play for a little something.

Wichita in the late 90s was good too. I was there for a couple of years in between being in Denver.

Take care.
There was some kind of publication going around that showed where all the tournaments were. I can't remember the name of that, it may have been monthly but I thought it was weekly.
You could play every day of the week and it seemed on weekends there were multiple to choose from. I rarely got into these because of time, but I could run all back & forth Colfax and not spend a dime on drinks and go home with more $ than I left with.

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
No surprise here. Sixpack, who always posts with clarity and respect for other posters, is one of AZBs best members.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
There was some kind of publication going around that showed where all the tournaments were. I can't remember the name of that, it may have been monthly but I thought it was weekly.
You could play every day of the week and it seemed on weekends there were multiple to choose from. I rarely got into these because of time, but I could run all back & forth Colfax and not spend a dime on drinks and go home with more $ than I left with.

I bet the publication was Cue times. It was a staple of info for many years. I believe it is still alive and well on Facebook.